Tremor Totem and Cleansing Waters nerfed

Shaman
Prev 1 6 7 8 29 Next
I am so disappointed. Why could you just not have looked at the shaman class this patch like you normally do. I love arena and is the key reason why i came back for Cataclysm and now you remove bloodlust, nerf purge, and tremor totem. These were what we always had that kept us in the running with out these i do not know what to think.
Hm. Can somebody link me the trinket change?

01/10/2011 10:08 PMPosted by Step
exclusive to short-term Spirit buffs affecting the shaman when the totem is dropped.
Wait, no. So if they're wording it like "EXLUSIVE" to shaman spirit buffs. I assume this means that it means that only YOUR short-term buffs count towards the regen, not others.

I need to download the PTR and test it.
01/10/2011 10:17 PMPosted by Ranixxi
Wait, no. So if they're wording it like "EXLUSIVE" to shaman spirit buffs. I assume this means that it means that only YOUR short-term buffs count towards the regen, not others.

I need to download the PTR and test it.

Exclusive means it excludes.
An Aoe fear remover that can be used on demand while feared? Tremor change is a buff if ever I saw one. Good players would totem stomp tremor anyway while I was healing then use their aoe instants before I could re-cast. Now I can save fear removal for a clutch moment...I'd rather have that over the current design, but that's just me.
# Purge now dispels a single effect instead of two.

Dispel magic for priests got this too right? I can tell it is 100% needed for enhance since they have so many open globals for purge, but resto and esp ele do not. It is almost not worth purging as elemental ATM.

Also once priests get fixed I don't see how purge could have been OP but dispel magic getting 2 buff off is not. 2 defensive or 1 offensive would be fine.
These changes arent needed. Like I can understand maybe the tremor and cleansing waters, but don't increase the cost of GHW. Mana Tide is honestly the only reason we are in raids and changing it to something more ineffective is utterly worthless.... These changes scare me. Period.
I beat you to the etymology, Snot :P
Hm. I'm thinking of it in terms of "EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH FAMOUS #!!@!!% RABBLE RABBLE"

Or something.. *%*#. I don't even know. I'm trippin' tonight or something. :<

I'll have to just play around with it and see how it works. If anything, it means stacking more spirit if we want tide to be any good. I'm gonna try to be optimistic.
01/10/2011 10:18 PMPosted by Caryna
# Purge now dispels a single effect instead of two.

Dispel magic for priests got this too right? I can tell it is 100% needed for enhance since they have so many open globals for purge, but resto and esp ele do not. It is almost not worth purging as elemental ATM.

Also once priests get fixed I don't see how purge could have been OP but dispel magic getting 2 buff off is not. 2 defensive or 1 offensive would be fine.

To the credit of priests, they don't have jack in terms of mobility and kiting. We at least have GW/EB totem. A disc priest, when trained by melee, has to sit there and take it and stay alive. Not much time on the globals to spam dispel.
blizz: hey guys lets give all paladins rebuke but not buff ret who needs it.
Board of game directors: sounds good, next on the agenda?
blizz: nerf shamans...TO THE GROUND!!
blizz: done..hey what about soul link?!? jk next expansion!
The totem no longer multiplies the Spirit of those affected by it.

Doesn't use the raid members spirit

It instead gives a flat amount of Spirit equal to 400% of the casting shaman’s Spirit,

Uses the shaman who cast the Totem

exclusive to short-term Spirit buffs affecting the shaman when the totem is dropped.

And lets take away any extra spirit gained from procs and trinkets from the shaman who cast the Totem

yup, its a nerf
The damage isn't really the problem on Earthquake. Well it is, but 10% of next to nothing is still next to nothing. My problem is more the mana cost and the fact that it's still a 31 point talent.