4.2 Enhancement DPS Guide.

Shaman
Post Limit:
Prev 1 17 18 19 Next
03/07/2012 03:31 AMPosted by Orneryboy
How am I doing? Any problems my better Shaman peers can see? Suggestions? Tips?.... compliments?

40 hit gem in belt :(
am I not sposed to gem hit if its the case of a solid 40+? I sadly won't make the hit cap if It wasnt there :/ unless i'm completely missing something
@orneryboy just reforge your trinket to hit then you can reforge the excess hit on your other gear to mastery and replace the +40 hit with an agility gem :D
40 points of Agility is better than 40 points of hit at all times
How can this guide have gone by for so long with Elam not putting in the fact we gave +10% melee/ranged attack power?

I am dissapointed.
Is double No-Kaled better than double heroic morning star of heroic will(the mace off of heroic ultrax)?
Depends on your levels of Mastery, so in your case, No'kaled is better.
40 points of Agility is better than 40 points of hit at all times

This is true for every dps class, its a good rule of thumb that point for point primary stat is always better than any secondary stat.
What...

What weapon enchants should I use? Dual Flametongue?
What...

You want McGowan on your off-hand, slow slow slow for your Lava Lash.

Windfury MH
Flametongue OH
What...

Windfury MH
Flametongue OH

Higher DPS always goes in MH.

Windfury MH
Flametongue OH

Higher DPS always goes in MH.

I thought:

Higher DPS goes to MH if same speed. Slower speed always goes to OH.

And I thought Cookie's Tenderizer was the weapon of choice that goes to the OH for awhile.

Slower speed, same DPS. If it's different speed AND different DPS then it's more difficult.

If you notice, the axe's DPS is ~90 lower. That is way too large of a hit in the DPS the MH weapon gives.
06/15/2012 08:02 PMPosted by Jarunee
And I thought Cookie's Tenderizer was the weapon of choice that goes to the OH for awhile.

It was, but it's not better than anything higher than ilvl 359. And like I said earlier in this post, we're talking about to large of a difference in item level here.
06/15/2012 08:18 PMPosted by Chillbronies

Slower speed, same DPS. If it's different speed AND different DPS then it's more difficult.

If you notice, the axe's DPS is ~90 lower. That is way too large of a hit in the DPS the MH weapon gives.

119.8 DPS is when he hit lvl 80. At his lvl 40 something the DPS is probably a lot lower than that. McGowan is a BoA and the DPS goes up as he leveling up. Armory always displayed the max DPS and stats on BoA gears.
06/15/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Jarunee

119.8 DPS is when he hit lvl 80. At his lvl 40 something the DPS is probably a lot lower than that. McGowan is a BoA and the DPS goes up as he leveling up. Armory always displayed the max DPS and stats on BoA gears.

Oh I see.

But still, it tries to take the stats of blues of your current level, and that axe is from 9 levels lower.
I like enchancement as my OS, the only problem I have with it is, Stormstrike and Lava Lash are my only 2 melee abilities with CDs that seem to take their sweet !@# time getting off. If blizz would give us a few more melee abilities (that don't have a 5 second CD) that we can use between the two, then maybe we enhancement shamans would be able to QQ less about.
I am utterly puzzled by this info. Sitting at 8% cap for both melee and spell the only issues I have seen have been with a raid boss dodging and that only happening due to the fact that insane amount of expertise would be needed to eliminate both dodge and parry on a raid boss. With wind shear being a always hit I am even more puzzled by the needing 17% spell hit advice to make it hit for sure. Something must be going on for you guys to need such ridiculously high hit to make things work when global hit cap is 8% for anything.
Which weapon should I use flametongue on & which windfury on?
Windfury on your mainhand, flametongue on your offhand.