4.2 Enhancement DPS Guide.

Shaman
Prev 1 2 3 19 Next
'Like' spam commencing.
A. Enhancement:
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hhrZfcG0sMhRGo. Improved Fire Nova is mandatory to move further down in the tree. Since AoE still has a place in a number of PvE fights like Maloriak, it’s the best choice to move further down in the tree.

Elam, I just want to point out that this is not so.

My spec does not even have 1 point in that talent. I haven't felt like it caused me problems, as I tend to switch to single target when I need to help take down adds anyways.
C.) Water: Mana Spring Totem is one of the most important buffs for your healers to have. If there is no paladin around to buff mp5 make sure your healers have this totem. If your healers are already buffed with mp5, drop down a Healing Stream Totem, preferably glyphed for resist if you have no other resist aura in your raid. Totem of Tranquil Mind is good, but not the most useful PvE totem. It might be worthwhile on specific fights.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't it been proven that dropping Healing Stream over Mana Spring is better in practically all situations?

I mean, if you have constant healing going, the healer doesn't have to heal as much, and therefore doesn't need the mana regen, right?
01/07/2011 9:53 PMPosted by Matuk
A. Enhancement:
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hhrZfcG0sMhRGo. Improved Fire Nova is mandatory to move further down in the tree. Since AoE still has a place in a number of PvE fights like Maloriak, it’s the best choice to move further down in the tree.

My spec does not even have 1 point in that talent.

You also have three points in Improved Shields. If you weren't you, I'd tell you to go reroll for that heinous crime. :P

My spec does not even have 1 point in that talent.

You also have three points in Improved Shields. If you weren't you, I'd tell you to go reroll for that heinous crime. :P

I happen to like this talent. I'd feel dirty speccing into an AoE that I hate.
01/07/2011 9:55 PMPosted by Scandall
C.) Water: Mana Spring Totem is one of the most important buffs for your healers to have. If there is no paladin around to buff mp5 make sure your healers have this totem. If your healers are already buffed with mp5, drop down a Healing Stream Totem, preferably glyphed for resist if you have no other resist aura in your raid. Totem of Tranquil Mind is good, but not the most useful PvE totem. It might be worthwhile on specific fights.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't it been proven that dropping Healing Stream over Mana Spring is better in practically all situations?

I mean, if you have constant healing going, the healer doesn't have to heal as much, and therefore doesn't need the mana regen, right?

It's not really enough healing. HST is really minor healing per second- noticeable, but not enough to fit the triage style of Cataclysm. Did you happen to read this back in wrath of the lich king? HST was definitely the better choice when healers didn't oom. :P
Elam smells like doody.
Nah, read it a few days ago when a Resto Shaman asked which totems he should be dropping.
Now that I think about it, I completly forgot that Resto has the Healing Totem buff thing.

:<
01/07/2011 10:05 PMPosted by Emancipator
You mentioned Matuk twice in the thank you section of your post. An egregious error that should be corrected immediately. We wouldn't want it going to his head. :)

This is because part of me is that useless guy who blabbers on about suggestions and such about how to make our spec better.

The other part of me is the skilled raider that actually knows his #**!.

Clearly the first one was thanked for reminding people what not to do.
01/07/2011 10:05 PMPosted by Emancipator
You mentioned Matuk twice in the thank you section of your post. An egregious error that should be corrected immediately. We wouldn't want it going to his head. :)

Omg fixt!
01/07/2011 10:25 PMPosted by Elam

Omg fixt!

QQ
01/07/2011 10:00 PMPosted by Cybly
Elam smells like doody.

Fabulous doody.
01/07/2011 9:37 PMPosted by Liax

B. Elemental
Prime 1. Lava Burst
2. Lightning Bolt
3. Flame Shock
4. Flametongue Weapon- This isn’t really an option, Flame Shock outperforms it.

Correct except it should be mentioned that glyph of Fire Ele is outperforming LvB if time in the fight allows 2 fire eles.

Thought that this was the case if and only if it just barely allows for it, like fights that're 7:30 long and you use it immediately?
Bump before sleep.
Welcome back, Elam-written guide.