Night Elf surname ideas.

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
I've been RPing a Night Elf Druid for some time now, without a last name. I'm a terrible writer, especially when it comes to thinking up stories. I am new to WoW and it's lore, so role playing is more difficult for me, mostly when it comes to RP heavily based on lore. I've come up with a few surnames: Staghorn, Seabreeze, Oakwalker. I don't want to sound silly introducing my character though. What are your opinions on these? I'd love to hear some suggestions! Thank you.
From what I've seen on NPCs and such, things that end in moon work quite well, albit unoriginal, but still work. Other then that I don't really know enough about them to give you a good last name idea, but you could do a google search for, Night Elf last name generator.

Hope this help ^.^
01/12/2011 5:27 AMPosted by Therysil
I've been RPing a Night Elf Druid for some time now, without a last name. I'm a terrible writer, especially when it comes to thinking up stories. I am new to WoW and it's lore, so role playing is more difficult for me, mostly when it comes to RP heavily based on lore. I've come up with a few surnames: Staghorn, Seabreeze, Oakwalker. I don't want to sound silly introducing my character though. What are your opinions on these? I'd love to hear some suggestions! Thank you.

Honestly any two-word-combo naturey/lunary sounding name will work.

If you desire, just hit up WoWHead and go down the list of Night Elf NPCs and pick a surname you like. I chose a fairly common one, but hey... there are plenty of Smiths around IRL, no? It's not bad RP to have a surname shared by a NPC, so long as it's not something obviously Mary Sueish such as Whisperwind, Feathermoon, etc. So Kalaryia, here, is now Kalaryia Starbreeze.
I find that Nightelf surnames are two word combo's.

a few examples (not NPC NE surnames to my knowledge, feel free to use these):
Winterwind
Stormleaf
Silentoak
Skybreath
Moonshadow
Swiftarrow
etc.

try to have the surname be 2-3 syllables in length, as that seems to be the standard.
In addition to the great advice above, you may want to factor in the spec of your druid. The feral types tend to be more toward animals, the balance ones generally sky/moon, the restoration are the most heavily associated with plant.

What you do+ some sort of nature element
Its best you avoid moon and shadow in night elf surnames. Almost as overdone as tauren with hoof or horn in their last name.
I don't have very many night elf characters, but I'll add them in for examples.

Lethanor and Lesaria Woodsong - father and daughter hunters
Taldren Stargrove - male mage
Sadeena Duskleaf - female rogue
Kethyros Sagethorn - male druid

Hope that helps some!
01/12/2011 11:51 AMPosted by Zeria
I don't have very many night elf characters, but I'll add them in for examples.

Lethanor and Lesaria Woodsong - father and daughter hunters
Taldren Stargrove - male mage
Sadeena Duskleaf - female rogue
Kethyros Sagethorn - male druid

Hope that helps some!

If that's "not very many" Night Elf characters, I'd hate to see how many is "a lot"!
01/12/2011 1:19 PMPosted by Kalaryia
If that's "not very many" Night Elf characters, I'd hate to see how many is "a lot"!

Heh, well I figured many would mean someone obsessed with night elf characters. Also I've only really used two of them in RP.
*cough* Most of my alts are Nelf, and I've run up on the 50 character-per-account limit before. D:
well i think that maybeyou should do a little more research personally i have no knowledge of night elf lore outside of the War of the Ancients but here are two names that might help from those books

stareye, and ravencrest

may not help but i hope they do
The Night Elf/Tauren traditions are usually put into their talents. They sometimes grant the Night Elf/Tauren with the title of their specialties.
For example, say your NE Druid is of the Feral Arts. You can try:
Clawheart
Starripper
Ragetalon

And so on.
When coming up with NE surnames, I usually do what was mentioned above, base it off of their talents.

For example, and I know these won't sound too good, but at least they make sense, you could use something like Silentstalk for a Survival-specced hunter, seeing as they're rather good (not game-wise) at stalking their prey and waiting for that right moment to strike. A marksman-specced hunter could probably use a name like Swiftflight or something, an allusion to their uncanny ability to hit targets with quick and deadly precision. And finally, and this is the one I used for my RP character Tydranis, a beastmaster could use something alone the lines of Beastheart, or the Beasthearted, more of a title than a surname.

If I ever get stuck making a surname for an RPC, I usually tend to come up with a title that isn't too dull, but doesn't make him/her look overpowered either. I hope this helps you in your quest to find some epic names! =D