Can worgen ride mounts?

New Player Help and Guides
I was thinking of a race change to worgen, but then I realized that worgen use Running Wild to get around where ground mounts are nomrally used by other races.

I then realized I have no idea whether or not worgen are even capable of riding normal ground mounts. It would be kind of a problem if I soulbound a Mechono Hog to this toon before faction transferring, only to discover that worgen can't use mounts including the Mek's Chopper.

Can worgen ride ground mounts, or are they always stuck with Running Wild?

Thank you for your time!
Have you done a BG at 85? Youll see plenty of worgens on mounts.

Coldsnapped,

With the proper reputation/achievement/whatnot, Worgen characters can ride a mount
just like any other.

@Nerfthis

Thank you for the response, but not the sarcasm. This isn't the "Leet Raiding" forum. It's a forum designed specificly for noob questions, etc.

Yes, I've done some BGs. No, I wasn't paying attention because I wasn't concerned with knowing this at that time.

What a genuine troll. : / You might wanna think about paying a visit to the bright, shiny orb in the sky outside.

[Edit for a quick Thank You to the second responder.] Thanks!! :)
01/17/2011 2:30 PMPosted by Tuky
protip: you look like a fool telling people to go outside when you took the time to type out a question you easily could have googled

Protip: this is a help forum where we do our best to answer every question, no matter how "foolish" it might seem, as long as the OP is genuinely having trouble or confusion about it. The arrogance and rudeness is unwarranted, and unwanted. Take it to someplace like General where you can be surrounded by like-minded folks if necessary.
01/17/2011 2:46 PMPosted by Ikaionna
Protip: Saying Protip does not make what you say a pro tip.

Indeed, thanks for illustrating.
01/17/2011 2:20 PMPosted by Coldsnapped
@Nerfthis

Thank you for the response, but not the sarcasm. This isn't the "Leet Raiding" forum. It's a forum designed specificly for noob questions, etc.

Yes, I've done some BGs. No, I wasn't paying attention because I wasn't concerned with knowing this at that time.

What a genuine troll. : / You might wanna think about paying a visit to the bright, shiny orb in the sky outside.

[Edit for a quick Thank You to the second responder.] Thanks!! :)

I answered your question....
Well duh! I ride mounts and I'm a Worgen. Why shouldn't Worgens ride mounts?
91648217953:
Well duh! I ride mounts and I'm a Worgen. Why shouldn't Worgens ride mounts?

This thread is from early 2011, just two months after worgen were introduced into the game.

Many players at the time were confused by the worgen's "running wild" ability AND originally worgen didn't have an actual racial mount (the mountain horses were added later). There was a misconception among the newer players that the running wild ability coupled with the lack of any racial mounts meant that worgen COULDN'T ride anything at all until they got to the higher levels of riding training. Players thought that running wild replaced the journeyman riding altogether, not simply that it made it redundant (which is really the case).

This is just one of the many reasons why old threads with old questions are best left on the bottom of the forum. The questions and answers are removed from context completely. Often the info exchanged may not be correct anymore because of subsequent changes in the game, making the advice given in those old threads horribly wrong and misleading for the current state of the game.