New Player Tips - What Next?

New Player Help and Guides
Why do you have to reach level 55 to create a death knight?
I'm a new player(to this game) I've been playing 7 weeks. I'm having a blast,I've downloaded the whole game and 3 months service. Heres some things I've noticed....., There seems to be a mindset that everyone assumes you know what your doing!! I don't, I've been thrown out of dungeons for a bad tank,what does a new player know about tanking? I've been thrown out of dungeons for being a bad healer. I'm trying to find my way by trying things, as the older players dont seem very helpful. I've also noticed that there are a lot of greedy,selfish people in the dungeons. I play the dungeon to the end despite it,most times without getting 1 piece of eq.Its not a deal breaker, I like the totality of the game, and intend on playing on.
Just some thoughts!!
what class should i roll pally is kinda boring to lvl in pvp and my favorite thing to do is pvp
05/02/2011 06:39 PMPosted by Ceel
what class should i roll pally is kinda boring to lvl in pvp and my favorite thing to do is pvp

Why did you post this here? It has nothing to do with the stickypost. Make your own thread.
01/13/2011 10:26 AMPosted by Cerylia
I still see new hunters who are confused about why that Prowling cat of theirs is so slow and always invisible, or causing havoc accidentally in dungeons by letting their pet pull aggro off the tank when it shouldn't. All because the ability to toggle off autocasting (with a simple right click) isn't explained in the game. (If it is, I haven't seen it myself.) It would really help, I think!

Oh eeee! Yes, it's the right-click, and no, it isn't explained in-game. After much experimentation I finally decided that the right-click was probably turning off growl, but wasn't entirely sure. So this is great! Yay!
I'm a new player(to this game) I've been playing 7 weeks. I'm having a blast,I've downloaded the whole game and 3 months service. Heres some things I've noticed....., There seems to be a mindset that everyone assumes you know what your doing!! I don't, I've been thrown out of dungeons for a bad tank,what does a new player know about tanking? I've been thrown out of dungeons for being a bad healer. I'm trying to find my way by trying things, as the older players dont seem very helpful. I've also noticed that there are a lot of greedy,selfish people in the dungeons. I play the dungeon to the end despite it,most times without getting 1 piece of eq.Its not a deal breaker, I like the totality of the game, and intend on playing on.
Just some thoughts!!

People assume you have experience with the game because that's the case for the majority of people playing this six-year-old game. If you're new to a role or a dungeon, your best bet for a more positive reaction from other players is, guess what, admitting that you don't know squat. If you're not kicked out immediately, one or more players will likely tell you how to do what.

If you want to learn the basics of tanking and healing, do visit the Tanking and Healing forums: there are plenty of good guides there.
Very helpfull...thnx all who have posted:)
Normally I wouldn't chime in on a thread like this but BRAND NEW players would be lost when it came to macros. I'm talking about people who possibly have never played an MMO before and have no clue what to do.

Aside from that, a lot of good info here.
Here are some things I experienced recently when my girlfriend started playing... she has absolutely no prior MMO experience, so I had to tell her a few things to get her started. I've been playing WoW off and on for the past six years, so while I may not be a great player by any stretch of the imagination, I do know the basics.

1) That the gold spammers in the capital cities are NOT part of the game, and that getting gold online is against the rules. I also told her to ignore e-mails about "verifying account information" that claim to be from Blizzard (and to let me know about it).
2) Glyphs, talents, and reading up about what class you'll play. She had done a bit of reading on her own and had a rough "newbie" idea about what each class does, but I showed her about details. I got her to try out a Frost mage to start out because they're not terribly complicated to play.
3) Professions are important, but to start you pretty much have to do gathering ones to build up a base of money. She picked up on this quickly, and knows about training to get higher skill levels so she can mine and pick higher level herbs.
4) Mounts are really important. The game is about traveling, especially when you're trying to gather to make gold.
5) I should her the AWESOME dungeon finder tool, and also the random battlegrounds. She thought that was cool.

Like I said she's only been playing a few weeks, but she's now questing on her own and doing pretty decent. Somehow she got a pet parrot that sold for 10k in the auction house too lol...
Hey guys i'm brand new to wow, used my free trial and am getting the full version within the week, do you have any tips as to what skills I should use as a human warlock, and what skill traits are good. Also if you have any good level 10 human training areas it would be much appreciated.
lv as demology its hella easy and its fun sir
brrtyuiur
07/30/2011 03:21 PMPosted by Iuytrr
brrtyuiur

What? Please use actual words, the only abbreviations most of us know are those associated with WoW or found in a dictionary.
Hi there. I want toff load some stuff to merchants but cant seem to get them to take it.
Do I put it in the merchants buyback bag? and Then what?
When i just drag it to him it asks "do I want to destoy this item"
Am i talking to the wrong mrchants?
pls help.
you don't drag it into the buyback slot, that's for stuff you have sold TO them in your current log-in session and want to buy back FROM them.

All you do is talk to a vendor to see their inventory, open your bags and click on the thing you want to sell. You'll hear a money jingle sound, and the item will be in their buy-back slot. Do this a few more times and you'll see that the last item you sold them is in their "buy back" slot.

If you accidentally sold something you wanted to keep and it was the last item you sold, click on the "buy-back" slot and you'll give them their money back and the item will be returned to you in your inventory.

If the item you want back was not the last one you sold, then click on the "buyback" TAB at the bottom of the vendor window, and you will see the last 12 or so items you sold to a vendor, click the one you want back and you'll return them the money they gave you for it and your item will be back in your inventory.
-dps, when entering an instance, right click the tank and set them as your focus. dps can use this to focus their target and not draw aggro.

OMG Thank you!
I think you should have what to look for in armor and weapons.
I am wileg to halp you just test me . and i well halp you