Prot 2v2: Paladin + ?

Paladin
Get a frost mage partner. They're OP anyway :)
Well with my full experience with ret and protret. I can safely say ret is the WTG in the sense that prot can only do so much. Although I ran prot feral at the beginning of the season and got about 1400 =/ (was working with a friend who needed help) well anyways i switched ret and went to 1600 then we kinda chilled. Although to say the least prot or ret work very well with a feral.
01/22/2011 5:57 PMPosted by Aslahn
Just curious, what about a Blood Dk? their dmg is getting a little buffed, they have NS, silences, grip and are just as a bad choice to target as prot....

what u guys think?

This is a great idea.

Blood DKs can last a VERY long time, and Bloodworms heal not only the DK, but they heal you too.

Protector of the Innocent might actually be worthwhile on a team where you're healing the other guy more than yourself.
druid is your best bet.

they complement paladins with their strong druid cc and healing and most importantly stealth.
watch me and my mage hit 2k+ this season....

in all honesty, i played protret to begin with this season, and one of my ret buddies who is a relentless glad inspired me to learn 2 play ret and once i did, i noticed a big difference in utility and damage. as prot, it was definitely a lot more difficult to keep my mage alive for i could, seriously, be ignored/cc chained and my mage would get rolled. as ret i feel like keeping my mage alive is sooo easy. I have a relatively short cd stun, my WoG crits my mage for up to 40k and eternal glory is amazing. i know its nice being able to take a ton of damage and not really have to worry about keeping yourself alive often but i believe that ret's utility makes up for it ten fold. and with the upcoming patch, im going to be much more difficult to kill. i say you should give ret a shot! cheers.
01/22/2011 8:15 PMPosted by Cbredbeard
You guys also seem to be made of money, having Landslides coming out of your ears.

No, I'm simply opportunistic. I found the LS enchant for 5800 gold on the AH (less than cost of mats). When I bought it I was down to under 1k gold.

I don't farm anything. I make money simply by selling enchants/gems on the AH for steady income, I buy stuff when it's cheap, and I make some money off the few rep dailies I do for enchants (Therazane, TW faction rep).

It's easy to make money in Cata anyway, if that is what is important to a player. It's not to me, which is why it will likely be another couple months before I can afford DMC:H
01/22/2011 8:49 PMPosted by Benvilion
Well with my full experience with ret and protret. I can safely say ret is the WTG in the sense that prot can only do so much. Although I ran prot feral at the beginning of the season and got about 1400 =/ (was working with a friend who needed help) well anyways i switched ret and went to 1600 then we kinda chilled. Although to say the least prot or ret work very well with a feral.

Yea, Feral is a great partner for Prot or Ret.

I come at this whole thing from a different viewpoint from most people: I play the spec that I enjoy, and that I believe there is a lot of misinformation about.

I did the same thing with Warhammer Swordmaster, when it was considered a garbage class - I showed how it could do well if played to its strengths.

I don't go to ArenaJunkies to find the uberfacerollwtfpwn comp. I chose a partner that most people don't run with in 2v2.

Down the road I may try Ret, but I'm having fun with Prot, and that's the most important thing to me.