Can accounts be linked?

Customer Support
If two different accounts have the same address or if they use the same credit card, do they get link up in anyway? Like do they merge themselves in anyway?
The only "linking" is the RAF link (which only applies to newly-created accounts).

Multiple WoW accounts may be merged into the same Battle.net account, but that confers no benefit other than shared login credentials (and in order to do that, the names on the accounts must match).
No, they must have both been created with the exact same name in order to be linked to the same battle.net account, but then, you could only do paid character transfers from one to the other account for what you seem to be wanting.
I believe that as long as the account holder's name is different, then they are considered as completely separate accounts. It doesn't matter who is paying for them or not.

If the account holder's name is the same for both accounts then you should be able to add them both to the same Battlenet account thereby "linking them" (the accounts themselves would still be separate accounts, but the account holder would have to access them through Battlenet.
01/23/2011 11:07 PMPosted by Imanightelf
If two different accounts have the same address or if they use the same credit card, do they get link up in anyway? Like do they merge themselves in anyway?

By themselves, no.

As others have already mentioned, up to eight WoW accounts can be on the same Battle.net account for the same user.
Ok so, if they have the same name? I mean im sure there are hundreds of ppl with the same first and last name that I do that play WoW. I don't want my accounts to be linked. I want them to be completely separate. Also, before I made this one, I took my credit card off the old account and changed the address and such, but they both have my first and last name.
01/23/2011 11:09 PMPosted by Pahanda
The only "linking" is the RAF link (which only applies to newly-created accounts).

Multiple WoW accounts may be merged into the same Battle.net account, but that confers no benefit other than shared login credentials (and in order to do that, the names on the accounts must match).
What is RAF?
The only way they will be associated is if you place them on the same Battle.net.
01/24/2011 2:06 AMPosted by Orlyia
The only way they will be associated is if you place them on the same Battle.net.
As in the same Email address? they have always used different email addresses. They are two different Battle.Net accounts. I didn't think you could make just a WoW account anymore, I thought you can only make a Battle.net account which stores all your Blizzard games under the same account. Like, if you wanted to make a second account you would have to buy another copy of WoW. Am I missing something?
As in the same Email address? they have always used different email addresses. They are two different Battle.Net accounts. I didn't think you could make just a WoW account anymore, I thought you can only make a Battle.net account which stores all your Blizzard games under the same account. Like, if you wanted to make a second account you would have to buy another copy of WoW. Am I missing something?

Each WoW account requires it's own copy and expansions, etc.

Battle.net accounts are based on emails. You wouldn't be able to have two Battle.net accounts with the same email address. And you can no longer make just a WoW account without it being associated with a Battle.net, that's correct.

I guess I'm not understanding your concern here.
If your two different accounts have separate email address but have used the same street address or the same credit card at one time or another, can they link themselves. that is the question.
01/30/2011 6:12 PMPosted by Iamlegit
If your two different accounts have separate email address but have used the same street address or the same credit card at one time or another, can they link themselves. that is the question.

No, you cannot link two WoW accounts (except for Recruit a Friend). If you are talking about BoA stuff and instant mail that is. "Link" means nothing, as you cannot send BoAs to a different WoW account.
01/30/2011 6:12 PMPosted by Iamlegit

What do you mean by link?!?
Like, hook up somehow. Somehow connect to each other.
01/30/2011 7:58 PMPosted by Iamlegit

There is no need to link, as nothing is done through linking
I think we're being too technical with the word "Link" here.
01/30/2011 9:45 PMPosted by Iamlegit
I think we're being too technical with the word "Link" here.
OK, what is the definition of that word in the context of what you are asking?
01/30/2011 7:58 PMPosted by Iamlegit

In that case no, the only way to "link" an account would be if both of those accounts were under that same first and last name. Then they would need to be on the same battle.net account. That is the only way to link an account.

They can not merge two accounts into one account.
01/30/2011 9:48 PMPosted by Scüba

In that case no, the only way to "link" an account would be if both of those accounts were under that same first and last name. Then they would need to be on the same battle.net account. That is the only way to link an account.

But see that's what I don't understand. There's thousands of ppl who have the same first and last name as you and I do. So how does that work?
01/31/2011 11:23 AMPosted by Iamlegit

But see that's what I don't understand. There's thousands of ppl who have the same first and last name as you and I do. So how does that work?

Really, it doesn't make any sense what you are asking.

If you put two accounts under the same battle.net , both with your info, both your accounts, then they're under the same battle.net and share a login.
If you don't put them there, they don't.

Yes, Blizzard can see if two accounts have the same info, but that doesn't matter for very much, and there's more info on them than just your name.

Your accounts have your info on them and are yours. Others don't and aren't. Two accounts aren't stuck together, they have separate subscriptions, etc.

Is there something you are trying to do? Or trying to avoid?