Ascendent Council health mechanics

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
I'm wondering if anybody knows exactly how the elementium monstrosity's health works. To be specific, at what point is the health from the minibosses applied to the monstrosity?

When one miniboss reaches 25%, he says something, then despawns a few seconds later. But you can dps them between the shout and the actual despawn. So what I'm wondering is, at what point is their health snapshotted and applied to the monstrosity? Is it at the moment of the shout, or the moment of the despawn?

Also, if you bring them below 25% immediately (thinking of Terastra and his shield here), will that apply, or is there a cutoff point at 25%? I was thinking of bringing Arion/Terastra to 26%, stopping dps to wait for the shield, then hitting Terastra so the shield break would drop him well below 25% and result in less health for the monstrosity. Anybody know if this works?
You can have captain planet below 25% when he spawns if you can do enough dps to the lesser adds before they despawn.
Breaking the shield at 26-28% does work and will leave the monstrosity with a lot less hp...try to do it.
If you don't have certain addons blocking them, you can see the health of the 4 bosses on the right side of your screen. It's probably safe to assume that the monstrosity's health is calculated based on those health values when the health bars disappear.
01/19/2011 10:49 AMPosted by Kooqu
If you don't have certain addons blocking them, you can see the health of the 4 bosses on the right side of your screen. It's probably safe to assume that the monstrosity's health is calculated based on those health values when the health bars disappear.

This.

We were able to burn Ignacious and Feledius both to 20% last night before they ported up, and the result was the monstrosity starting at 22% in the last phase (Arion was at 25 and terrastra at 26 iirc).

So its definatley based on their hp when they switch
Thanks a lot for the input, it's much appreciated. :)
Be aware that they DO wipe dots on them when they port away.. so once they hit that 26% mark burn as much direct as you can
It's based on the average HP percent of each boss. The HP percentage is used at the time they merge.

(%A + %B + %C + %D) / 4 = final boss %
01/19/2011 4:50 PMPosted by Graiff
It's based on the average HP percent of each boss. The HP percentage is used at the time they merge.

no, no it isn't
Yes, I get the basic concept of how the last boss's health is based off of the health of the earlier 4, my question was just at what point in time does WoW calculate the health and apply it to the monstrosity.
When they actually merge to form the Monstrosity.
Just popping in a note that it may be a different case in HC mode.

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t111390-destruction_cataclysm_|_demonic_mage_4_0_6_updated/p7/#post1864795
I don't think it's a different case in either difficulty.

I can't remember a time when he was ever below 25% in phase 2, and this is after having two slightly below 20% and the other two at 25%. Based on my experienced with the normal modes P3 can't start with anything less than 25% as well.

Also when we did the boss last night it seems (at least to me) that the mobs go away a lot quicker once one of them hit 25% now. Prior to the patch it seemed like we had a good 3-4 seconds.. but since the patch it seemed almost instantaneous.

Not true. See below.

I don't think it's a different case in either difficulty.

I can't remember a time when he was ever below 25% in phase 2, and this is after having two slightly below 20% and the other two at 25%. Based on my experienced with the normal modes P3 can't start with anything less than 25% as well.

Also when we did the boss last night it seems (at least to me) that the mobs go away a lot quicker once one of them hit 25% now. Prior to the patch it seemed like we had a good 3-4 seconds.. but since the patch it seemed almost instantaneous.

The reason being is that all 4 of them dont have the same max life values.
25man
21,000,000 for Feludius and Ignacious
14,500,000 for Arion and Terrastra.
71,000,000 max for the monstrosity

So 25% for the 1st pair is 5.25 million life. 25% for the 2nd pair is 3.625 million life. The monstrosity's max life total is 71 million. His starting life is equal to the sum of all 4 of the remaining life. Avg %'s have nothing to determine his starting life, its a flat sum.

Examples. Say you messed up the 2nd pair. You leave the first pair at 4.8m (22.9%) and 4.5m (21.4%) and the 2nd pair at 3.5m (24.1%) and 4.6m (31.7%). The Monstrosity would start with 17.4m (24.5%). Leaving the 2nd pair higher doesn't affect his health too much since they have lower pools.

Lets reverse the %'s. You leave the first pair at 5.06m(24.1%) and 6.66m(31.7%) and the 2nd pair at 3.32m(22.9%) and 3.1m (21.4%). The Monstrosity would start with 18.14m (25.5%). Same %'s for each boss but due to each pair having different maxes, leaving the 1st pair higher grants far more health to the monstrosity then the 2nd pair.
Funny story, no matter how low you get the adds (we had Terrestra at 19% during one of the attempts and everyone else at 23-25%), the monstrosity will NEVER have below 25% health when they merge.
02/10/2011 8:28 AMPosted by Algorefiend
Funny story, no matter how low you get the adds (we had Terrestra at 19% during one of the attempts and everyone else at 23-25%), the monstrosity will NEVER have below 25% health when they merge.

This was our experience as well. So I'm not sure what all the other posters are talking about.

One question we had is if there is any benefit to getting the adds below 25% at all - maybe it gives you a safety buffer that might offset a mistake for the next pair? Hard to test that.

But we have never once seen Monstrosity start below 25%, and we have repeatedly gotten pairs as low as 20%.
i think the most accurate way to test this would be to purposely get only 1 of each pair to 25% and see what happens.

considering that in my limited attempts on the boss, he was spawning with differing HP amounts each time, i have a hard time believing that the Monstrosity is not just a total of all 4's hp when he spawns.
You can't get p3 to start below 25%. Stop trying to do this if you think it'll work.