Best healers in the BG?

Battlegrounds
Post Limit:
I know this has probably been asked 1000 times already. So just consider this 1001. Anyway, I know everyone's options regarding the best healers for raids, but what class does everyone thing the best healer in a BG is?
atm resto sham and pally.

Its changing a bit if the PTR goes live.

Definitely holy pallies.

Had a lot of issues in WSG/TP last night, because whenever the EFC was almost dead, one of their 3 holy pallies would use lay on hands, and we would have to start all over again.

IMO lay on hands should not be usable in BGs, just like it's not usable in arenas.
01/20/2011 6:09 AMPosted by Phlerg

IMO lay on hands should not be usable in BGs, just like it's not usable in arenas.

in b4 thread derail
Are there any abilities at all that are not allowed in bg's?
For now, it's unquestioningly Holy Paladin
Holy paladin. No competition in on-demand throughput or mana efficiency which is what's most important for most teams when it comes to BG healing.
01/20/2011 6:12 AMPosted by Littlesham

in b4 thread derail

DERAILED!!!!

Nah, I'll be brief.

Pallies get no CC and put out less damage relative to our plate-wearing brethren in Cata. Ret is getting buffed so this will even out a bit. Trust me, not having long CC on a short CD is very gimping in Arena and BGs. Lay on Hands is every 10 min (7 min with glyph). We can't use it as often as you might think, and half of the time it's wasted anyways.
01/20/2011 5:58 AMPosted by Eliaë
I know this has probably been asked 1000 times already. So just consider this 1001. Anyway, I know everyone's options regarding the best healers for raids, but what class does everyone thing the best healer in a BG is?

frost mages, they can do everything
lol Thanks for the help everybody. I was told at first druid, but I found out the hard way while they are great healers in raids, not so much in BGs. XD I considered priest but wasn't sure. But I knew we never had enough healers when I was in the BGs so that's why I decided to make one.

Again, thank you everybody. btw, how do priests do in the BGs?
Priests are in a bad spot right now. They have no escape mechanisms, their heals are weak, and their mana returns are low.

Resto druids do really well in BGs, if they have the gear.
From my limited experience in non-rated BGs, I feel like once you get over the 3k resilience mark, Resto Druids edge out Holy Paladins for 'best BG healer'. They seem much harder to zerg down with the undergeared players unrated BGs are typically populated with, compared to Holy Paladins, if that makes any sense.

Holy Paladins are definitely very good, though. I'd say you can't go wrong with either, right now.
Meh, resto is fun. Then again, I've always liked druids. Such good utility, and I've never felt at home when not able to shift out of snares/roots.
yeah idk about druids being OK once they get the gear.. only one can hope anyways. my 2s partner is a Holy pally and he has like 2 peices of pvp gear and he can take on 2x dps way longer then i ever could.

Im sure once im geared i can take 2, but by then the pally could probably take on 3.

Nerf inc pally gg