help!!! my addons button is missing

Customer Support
ok so i downloaded cata and of course my addons are not working getting all the same old error messages but wow asked me this time if i would like to disable addons i clicked yes but now i cant get them enabled again the addon button is missing from my char/realm select screen, but i can go into my wow/interface/addons folder and all my addons are still their can some one give me a hand would apprec..
Likely because you have no valid addons that work post 4.0.

Delete whatever is on the folder and download and install current ones.

See if that helps.
Also, if you're operating on Win7, there are two different locations that WoW can download to. You might want to do a check of your system to make sure that it's not in a different area, which is why your button wouldn't show up.
The addons button by default is turned off, Bonerslock. In your case if the addons are where you say they are then the game is not properly recognizing them for one of two reasons.

1. The addons are not placed in the correct directory. Verify the directory.

• Right click your WoW icon and click properties
  • You will be defaulted to the shortcut tab, click on Find Taget(for XP) or Open File location(for vista/7)
  • Once you are in the main World of Warcraft directory, open the Interface\Addons folder

2. The addons are corrupted.
  • You will need to reinstall all your addons

01/21/2011 10:25 AMPosted by Roraks
The addons button by default is turned off, Bonerslock. In your case if the addons are where you say they are then the game is not properly recognizing them for one of two reasons.

• You will be defaulted to the shortcut tab, click on Find Taget(for XP) or Open File location(for vista/7)
  • Once you are in the main World of Warcraft directory, open the Interface\Addons folder

Something about a blue say'ing the OP's name made me chuckle.... I guess sometimes I'm 6.

Best bet is to just reinstall all of your addons. Many of them that I used went through many changes over the first week or 2 that the game was fully out and running. It does stink having to redo everything but also gives you a chance to redo it and maybe make it lighter on memory use and screen space.
01/21/2011 11:36 AMPosted by Dekala

Something about a blue say'ing the OP's name made me chuckle.... I guess sometimes I'm 6.

It's pretty obvious a word play on "%@*%!".. I'm surprised his name isn't reported yet. I'll get right on that.
01/21/2011 11:36 AMPosted by Dekala

I'd say a teenager. Any 6 year old who chuckles at that.... well, that'd be one screwed up 6 year old.
It's possible he extracted the addons to their own folders, and then put those folders directly in the addons directory, instead of their subfolders.

Worded that badly, hope it got the point across.
01/21/2011 4:43 PMPosted by Mypali
Err...I'd like to point out that he has his addon's in the 100% correct location. He says he has them in his WoW/interface/addons folder

My friend just recently upgraded from Windows XP to Win7. When her files were transferred over, it went to her C drive. However, the normal path for Vista/Win7 is usually under the Public/Games folder. She actually had two WoW/Interface/Addons folders and her addons were under the incorrect path. Which is why it didn't recognize them or show them on her load screen.
I want to add a commnet as I am having the same issue.

My addons work just fine for "every other toon on the relm and other relms" but in my one toon when I clicked the "yes" button like he did I now have the same issue.

On the main charter screen the addon on button on lower left is still there but in the toon itself the addon button in the options is gone?

So I think that it might be a different issue if he is seeing the same thing as I am.
Sna, this thread is almost 4 months old. I doubt the original poster will be coming back to this.

Please don't necro old threads.