Legendary Items + Hunter

Hunter
Post Limit:
Did Blizzard ever give an explanation as to why they dismissed the idea of Hunters using legendary items or did they just simply put class restrictions on them and that was it?

For example, the Warglaive of Azzinoth set. They added Death Knights to the classes that can equip them however they still don't let Hunters equip them.

And before anyone jumps down my throat with the "they're useless to a Hunter. You don't need them." line I'm fully aware of that.

A perfect example of this is that Warriors can use Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings despite it being completely useless to them. Why doesn't this also apply to Hunters?
We got a cool bow.
We got an awesome looking bow.. but i'm still alittle sad I couldn't atleast put on the Warglaives :[ they are awesome looking.
We can get a bow from Sunwell, and Thunderfury from MC.
01/23/2011 5:00 PMPosted by Nazgulrider
We got a cool bow.

The bow has nothing to do with the discussion. Every class that could equip a bow was able to equip Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury. Meanwhile, Hunters still cannot equip the Warglaives or Shadowmourne (not sure about Thunderfury though) despite having the ability to equip and use one-handed swords and two-handed axes.
01/23/2011 5:05 PMPosted by Azuralynn
We got a cool bow.

The bow has nothing to do with the discussion. Every class that could equip a bow was able to equip Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury. Meanwhile, Hunters still cannot equip the Warglaives or Shadowmourne (not sure about Thunderfury though) despite having the ability to equip and use one-handed swords and two-handed axes.

then the answer is no. we have not had a class specific legendary item.
You're mad because we can't equip items that are worthless for us?
01/23/2011 5:10 PMPosted by Nazgulrider

then the answer is no. we have not had a class specific legendary item.

/facepalm

It's not about class specific items. It's about being able to equip any item we have the proficiency for regardless of the item actually being useful for Hunters or not.
Warriors can use Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings

They could use it if they could ever get the quest, at all.
01/23/2011 5:04 PMPosted by Primoris
We can get a bow from Sunwell, and Thunderfury from MC.

^ This ^

Honestly, I'm more upset we can't proc Nibelung.
01/23/2011 5:15 PMPosted by Louis
Warriors can use Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings

They could use it if they could ever get the quest, at all.

Alright, well I stand corrected then. If there is a quest involved and they cannot obtain it then yes, I was wrong on that part.

However, I'd still like the option to be able to obtain these items regardless of their usefulness to my class.

It's like Thori'dal being nothing more than a stat stick for Rogues or Warriors. They can still equip it even though they get minimal use out of them so why doesn't this work the other way around?
01/23/2011 5:19 PMPosted by Irwinn
snake trap procs nibelung!

You positive? I honestly haven't tried it since Cata has been out. I know nothing would proc it before Cata.
01/23/2011 5:22 PMPosted by Azuralynn
However, I'd still like the option to be able to obtain these items regardless of their usefulness to my class.

As long as we're wasting time complaining about silly crap, I'd also like my DK to be able to equip Frostscythe of Lord Ahune and my priest able to use The Horseman's Baleful Blade as well.

Pweeeeze, can I, can I? I'll eat my veggies!
01/23/2011 5:26 PMPosted by Irwinn
it used to proc it back before 4.0... i tried everything else without luck then had 2 proc from a snake trap in a duel then i messed around with it in raids for fun. ill be sad if nothing can proc it now.

Hmm, I got it before 4.0. I tried with no luck to get it to proc. Then I came on here to ask around. Only Xumio replied. But he said he couldn't get it to proc either. But I'll try it a little more before I give in and vendor it.
01/23/2011 5:29 PMPosted by Wolvergreen

As long as we're wasting time complaining about silly crap, I'd also like my DK to be able to equip Frostscythe of Lord Ahune and my priest able to use The Horseman's Baleful Blade as well.

Pweeeeze, can I, can I? I'll eat my veggies!

You're talking about adding proficiencies. I'm talking about being able to use items with current proficiencies. There's a difference.
01/23/2011 5:05 PMPosted by Azuralynn
We got a cool bow.

Haha first person to get bow was a rogue b/c is was the biggest upgrade. Which is why elitists shouldnt rule the world.

P.S. How hard is bow to get now?