Ask Creative Development - Round II

Story Forum
Prev 1 53 54 55 86 Next
I've asked this question before in the forums but didnt get an overwhelming response but in a future patch when we have an opportunity to take on Deathwing or prior to it, will we see Khadgar leave Shatterath City to come and help defeat Deathwing (this being similar to how Tirion Fordring help take on Arthus aka the Lich King) since Deathwing has an overwhelming grudge against Khadgar. In the book "Beyond the Dark Portal" by Aaron Rosenburg & Christie Golden, Khadgar single handedly defeated Deathwing by loosening the Elementium plates that held his form togather and in doing so Deathwing swore to Khadgar that he would find him and pretty much make him wish for death from all the terror he is going to cause him. And also if we do see something along this line occur will we also see the Debut of Turalyon and Alleria Windrunner. (Turalyon was present with Khadgar when Deathwing was defeated on Draenor and Alleria is Turalyon's wife thus these two characters would most likely be inseparable) (Blizz seem to give no clear explanation as the the were abouts of these two heroes nor does it give us too much info about what happened to them after they destroyed the Dark Portal the second time.)

More than likely they will put Khadgar in the battle with Deathwing. Maybe not Turalyon though.
Will we ever see the return of Maiev Shadowsong to any degree after her self-imposed exile? She was an amazing and complex hero that really could use more use.
01/26/2011 8:07 AMPosted by Welcome

In the book The Shattering, Anduin the Prince of Stormwind gets a 1h mace from King Magni of Ironforge that was supposed to be carried and "liked" by someone blessed or talented with the Light, Anduin is a Priest in nature, well to not give out any spoilers, Anduin gives that mace to Bane, the son of Cairne, and the current leader of the Tauren people, and well they don't specify but do give you clues as to how the mace "felt right" in the hands of Bane, so you could take from that hes gifted with the Light, so Priest/Paladin potential, I think thats where these new changes in Cata come from in that arena, however, I can't figure out why Dwarves can be warlocks, Gnome Priests and Orcs mages.

I'd have to go back and look, but I don't remember Fearbreaker being associated with the Light, specifically. Baine himself seems to be a warrior through and through, not a magic user of any kind.

What happens when you take a Warrior and infuse him with the Light? Sounds like Paladins to me. Also: Fearbreaker was totally infused with the light. That's why it was given to Anduin for his journey to becoming a Priest.
Alrighty I have a question. I was doing some of the newer quests in Westfall when I came across the chain that involves Vanessa Vancleef. When it goes to a cut scene showing you what has happened to the original bosses of the dungeon, you see Vanessa Vancleef as a very young child emerge from the ship to cry over her father's dead body. I was a little confused because the video mentions this all happened 5 years ago, yet she is clearly a a grown woman now. I was curious if I am just not reading something right or does she just age a LOT faster than normal human children lol.
Since Cataclysm came out. Why doesnt the lazy citizens of Stormwind change the plates below the statues near the gate? They still say all of them are presumed dead. Not so in Khadgar and Kurdren's case. I'm pretty sure Turalyon's second got killed so that can be confirmed by Khadgar. As for Turalyon and Alleria, their nameplates can remain the same since noone knows their whereabouts.
Any chance we could get an accurate and up to date timeline and/or calendar of major events from launch of WoW through Cataclysm?

Even if you have to do a few retcons to make it work, it would sure help lore junkies and RPers to understand just who did what when.
All the Forsaken we see are undead humans. All the Worgen we can play are cursed humans (due to the Gilneas connection.) Are there any plans to utilize a Forsaken of another race as a major character (Sylvanas' replacement should be a Forsaken Tauren =oP) and will we see how the Worgen curse affects members of the other races?
01/26/2011 10:02 AMPosted by Solveig
Why did Deathwing burst out of the Maelstrom? I thought the Maelstrom was a remnant of the Sundering and a general access point to the Twisting Nether.

How many planes does the Rift in the center of the Maelstrom connect?
Where he Still Alive could Medivh stand up to deathwing on his own, or would the Aspects powers dwarf even The Guardian of Tirisfal?
01/26/2011 10:02 AMPosted by Solveig
Why did Deathwing burst out of the Maelstrom? I thought the Maelstrom was a remnant of the Sundering and a general access point to the Twisting Nether.

True the Maelstrom is a remnant of the Sundering, but the only access it should provide is to the Abyssal Maw. Blizz dropped the ball on that one because there are pics from the RP game book Lands of Conflict clearly depicting the Abyssal Maw directly at the bottom of the Maelstrom. Put a ticket in during beta to have them fix it before it was too late but I got ignored. Guess it didnt fly just like me telling them about all the islands that got moved drastically during the cataclysm. Thousands of miles from their original location on the Lands of Conflict map. Search up the Lorderon and Great Sea maps on the internet. clearly shows where everything was until blizz messed it up. Sorry blizz but you did.
Where are Alleria Windrunner and Turalyon?

I asked this question of Metzen at BlizzCon and got a non-response. Wherever Alleria and Turalyon are, I don't think CDev is ready to talk about them yet.
where are the answers?
01/26/2011 10:08 AMPosted by Magicmagnets
Where he Still Alive could Medivh stand up to deathwing on his own, or would the Aspects powers dwarf even The Guardian of Tirisfal?

Medivh could easily swat Deathwing. His mother killed Sargeras' physical form, but got taken over by his spirit which later transfered to Medivh. Remember Deathwing just has a portion of a titan's power while Sargeras is a fallen titan. Fallen meaning evil that is.

01/25/2011 10:26 AMPosted by Lifa
Could we get a better explanation of why there must always be a lich king? It never made sense to me.

The Lich King is the leader of the scourge and therefor commands the actions of the scourge. Without a King, there is anarchy, where the scourge would be loose all over Azeroth and basically finish off what Deathwing started. The new Lich King was crowned in order to keep rule over the scourge and keep the undead dormant in Northrend
01/26/2011 10:02 AMPosted by Whys
Any chance we could get an accurate and up to date timeline and/or calendar of major events from launch of WoW through Cataclysm?

Even if you have to do a few retcons to make it work, it would sure help lore junkies and RPers to understand just who did what when.

I have heard they put pieces of lore each expansion in the little manual that comes with the box, but it doesn't do much good to players that buy their copies online. Thank you for bringing this up. =)
01/26/2011 10:25 AMPosted by Realmweaver

I have heard they put pieces of lore each expansion in the little manual that comes with the box, but it doesn't do much good to players that buy their copies online. Thank you for bringing this up. =)

If you buy the game digitally, the manual comes as a PDF file in your worldofwarcraft folder, I do believe.
01/26/2011 10:24 AMPosted by Lyrona
Could we get a better explanation of why there must always be a lich king? It never made sense to me.

The Lich King is the leader of the scourge and therefor commands the actions of the scourge. Without a King, there is anarchy, where the scourge would be loose all over Azeroth and basically finish off what Deathwing started. The new Lich King was crowned in order to keep rule over the scourge and keep the undead dormant in Northrend

Well said but the lich king doesnt so much rule the scourge like a king does but uses his vast mental abilities to control the actions of the scourge thus preventing the scourge to go unchecked across azeroth and wiping out all life. This is why there always must be a lich king. In my opinion since the new lich king is holding them in northrend for the time being, the horde and alliance should come back to northrend with an army of shredders and mow them all down. I guess that would be anti-climatic though lol.
01/26/2011 10:15 AMPosted by Realmweaver

True the Maelstrom is a remnant of the Sundering, but the only access it should provide is to the Abyssal Maw. Blizz dropped the ball on that one because there are pics from the RP game book Lands of Conflict clearly depicting the Abyssal Maw directly at the bottom of the Maelstrom. Put a ticket in during beta to have them fix it before it was too late but I got ignored. Guess it didnt fly just like me telling them about all the islands that got moved drastically during the cataclysm. Thousands of miles from their original location on the Lands of Conflict map. Search up the Lorderon and Great Sea maps on the internet. clearly shows where everything was until blizz messed it up. Sorry blizz but you did.

Umm... no. I don't think so. In the RPG game book Lands of Mystery it depicts a large crack called "The Rift" in the center of the Maelstrom that does something with arcane energies and Azeroth's core. It did not connect to the Abyssal Maw.
The Death Knight hero class in WotLK got me thinking...And Zanmaoh's class specific comment...Will there be race specific hero class's in the future?