Tabard Spam...

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 19 Next
01/25/2011 1:00 PMPosted by Lylirra
If we can implement a type of storage that's integrated into the character UI and doesn't take up extra bank space, then that would probably be more ideal.

Pers I feel like just sticking on another tab in the vein of the extant mount and companion tabs would do the job perfectly. No idea what the technical implementaion would be like, but I've never understood why tabards weren't made into learnable items along with mounts. Could even one-up yourselves and append shirt-slot shirts to the learnable items list.
01/25/2011 9:42 AMPosted by Ðize
Ok seriously... I have roughly 30 tabards and it takes up my whole main bank space, can we have a "Tabard Tab" in the bank that you could buy for like 1k gold and then you put all your tabards in? because this is ridiculous.

Dude... there's a murloc eating your head!

Seriously though, I like this idea of yours. :)
01/25/2011 12:30 PMPosted by Lylirra
This is something we've been looking into for a while, and we're confident that we'll be able to implement a feature sometime in the future that gives players a better storage solution for their tabards. We're not sure if that feature will be a cosmetic tab or a drop-down list similar to titles just yet, though; there's still several factors that we need to consider carefully (certain tabards have on-use abilities, for example, which makes storing them a bit more complicated) before we can settle on the best course of action.

Lylirra, just give us some hangers in the bank! We'll put them on the hangers, nice and neat. I promise we won't leave them laying on the floor.
01/25/2011 1:00 PMPosted by Lylirra
A 75 slot tabard only bag and bank slot doesn't sound any more complicated than a 32 slot mining bag.

Is that really the most elegant solution, though? It might be quickest and simplest, but that doesn't mean there aren't better alternatives available. If we can implement a type of storage that's integrated into the character UI and doesn't take up extra bank space, then that would probably be more ideal.

(That option might not be technically possible due to the way some tabards work, of course, but it's something we're investigating.)

Are you referring to an appearance tab for cosmetic gear options?

No, but I can see the confusion. I just mean an additional tab that's superficial or non-essential (the literal definition of "cosmetic").

Why don't you put an ability in the spell book "Tabard - Uses tabard's 'on use ability'".

That way no matter what we have on we can use that one ability.
honestly ill have to say that i haven't kept a single tabard after i have gotten exalted with a standing, i see no need other then nostalgia.
01/27/2011 10:02 AMPosted by Tydas
Learn tabards like spells...
And I'd like the ability to be able to wear a guild tabard with the bonuses of other tabards you've purchased
01/26/2011 6:41 PMPosted by Mahasukarah
elegant solution? bah. just give us a separate wardrobe and armoire tabs in the bank!

They don't even have to be in the bank. What about using the wardrobes that already populate the world. Walk up to one, right click it and boom. All your tabards are right there. There could even may be a mirror (preview) of you wearing the tabard.
No, but I can see the confusion. I just mean an additional tab that's superficial or non-essential (the literal definition of "cosmetic").

I would've been about 500 times more interested in an appearance tab.

I agree, I don't see why they can't just do something like giving an 'appearance' slot for each gear slot already in place, so that it takes the look of the items in the appearance slot and the stats from the item in the actual slot. It could be a double win, because people would get more time invested into the game by farming old level gear that they think looks cool. Of course, the appearance slot's armor piece would have to be of the same class (Plate, cloth, leather, etc.) as the piece with the stats.
I love the conversation about this. I currently have 2 22slot bags full of Talbards. May i offer a idea if i may - Add a temperary "deep" Talbard bag until you and the other designers come up with a good system that address this issue. This type of bag would be like the tackle box, it will likely see limited use but it will be widely used by the players that truely need it like me.

Thank you for adding more talbards in the game and i would back any choise you make, weather it is now or later. Thank you
01/25/2011 10:16 AMPosted by Snoreye
great idea i'm up to 24 tabards. another good idea a 50 slot toy box either made by engineers or sold at the toy store in dalaran. i collect novelty items and between that and those tabards bank space is running low

I read somewhere awhile ago that because some tabards have an 'activate' ability, they couldn't figure out how to make them work when learned. Or something

Couldn't they do with Tabards what they did with keys?

These ideas look best if there is problem with "activate abilities"
01/25/2011 12:36 PMPosted by Solaru
This is something we've been looking into for a while, and we're confident that we'll be able to implement a feature sometime in the future that gives players a better storage solution for their tabards. We're not sure if that feature will be a cosmetic tab or a drop-down list similar to titles just yet, though; there's still several factors that we need to consider carefully (certain tabards have on-use abilities, for example, which makes storing them a bit more complicated) before we can settle on the best course of action.

The same thing that was said at Blizzcon a few scant months ago.

I really wish people would read a WoW news site from time to time so the nice Blues can tackle new topics :)

The same thing was also said on the forums from blues in vanilla wow, TBC, Wrath, and now Cata. It has also been discussed at every blizzcon since blizzcon started. This is why people are complaining about it. They are tired of talk, and want to see fixes for problems that have been around for awhile. I still have my tier 0, .5, 1, 2, 2.5, and 3 sets on my rogue, waiting for blizzard to implament something in game where I can put these pieces, like they said they were going to do 5 years ago.

@Lylirra
While making additional bank tabs might not be pretty, it would temporary fix that would be very well received. You can always change things later on, no need to wait until it is perfect to try and make things better.
Tabards on a 'pet' tab, with any abilities granted by the tabard in another tab similar to guild perks. Or just make it one tab. Either way, I see functionality already in the game that could be utilized to remedy this.

Should it really matter if we're wearing the tabard to use the ability on it? We'll just switch tabards back to the previous one afterwards anyhow. I mean, I can understand wearing a tabard for rep, but for the teleport style tabard abilities, having a spell tab would work just as well.
01/27/2011 1:35 AMPosted by Nivette
What about giving us a "wardrobe" at a tailors?
Functionally same as a bank, but more appropriate for "clothing" type items. Could even be used for people who collect gear sets from old dungeons etc.

YES! A CLOTHING WARDROBE!!!! EPIC IDEA!! Although, This might not work for the tabard thing, I mean yes it would if you want to keep your tabard in your "wardrobe"/bank but most people want to keep the tabards on hand, wich causes the issue with your wardrobe idea. While i totally agree it would be GREAT for gear RP sets, unfortunately having the ability to access your wardrobe on the fly is I believe what people are looking for... Now you could take this idea and tweak it bit.

Take for example the argent gruntlings' pony bridle, that you can summon. He acts as a vendor, bank, and mailbox. Or another example is the goblins Hobgoblin (bank). What if there was a pack mule. That when purchased (achievement granted) acts as an additional storage for clothing items only. Say for example RP gear, and tabards. That way you are not using up extra bags, its accessible on the fly, and if blizz really wanted to tie in achievements with it you could get achievements for getting more (bag slots) "hangers" and maybe even a Fashionista title for unlocking them all? It could be fun. Like Alex at blizz con said "How excited are you to play World of Dress Craft?"
Why not make a tabard bag kinda like the keyring? That would make it where you can still equip them, and it doesn't take up your bag space or bank space. Problem solved.
01/25/2011 12:30 PMPosted by Lylirra

On the pet tab there's the button that says "Summon" and on the mount tab there's the button that says "Mount". If there's a tabard tab, you could just have two buttons, "Wear" and "Use", and throw in the description of what the tabard's use does somewhere to the side.
Of course the problem may be programming and what-not and maybe I'm stating the obvious, but I thought I'd offer it anyway :P
Can the tabards tab work like the keyring?
That seems to let you hold infinite amounts of keys, in a bag like object.
Is it not really a bag?
I'm not sure if it's mentioned, I haven't really read through the thread so I apologise if I am repeating something;

I use to be on an RP realm so I always collect dresses and special occasion kind of gear. One thing I alway wish for is a type of 'wardrobe' where I can put the dresses in and even to 'hang' my dps set up. I know it sounds silly but that's something I always wanted to see ingame. My bank is always full because of those items.
Maybe there's a possibility of something like that to happen?
I'm a girl, I need my dresses ^_^

EDIT: I see I have repeated something, Sorry!