Tabard Spam...

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 19 Next
Housing I tell you. Put your tabards in a closet and all of your bits of quest junk in various trunks. All for a price though. ;)
01/25/2011 1:34 PMPosted by Myrious
- Obtain Tabard
- Right click tabard. Item is used, disappears and is now part of your 'Tabard List'
- Tabard slot in character sheet has little dropdown button next to it.
- Click dropdown button and choose from your 'Tabard List' which one to equip

Done.

guess you missed the part about difficulty in implementing tabards with on use effects.

(like the argent tournament one, tol barad one that teleport you there, the Shadowmourne treasure horde one that makes you glow, etc)
01/25/2011 1:00 PMPosted by Lylirra
A 75 slot tabard only bag and bank slot doesn't sound any more complicated than a 32 slot mining bag.

Is that really the most elegant solution, though? It might be quickest and simplest, but that doesn't mean there aren't better alternatives available. If we can implement a type of storage that's integrated into the character UI and doesn't take up extra bank space, then that would be ideal.

That option might not be technically possible due to the way some tabards work, but it's something we're investigating.

Rather than address this is a special-case scenario for Tabards, why not discussing a 64- or 72-slot Clothing bag? If you can equip it, it will go in the bag: Armor, weapons, tabards, trinkets, shirts, etc.
01/25/2011 12:30 PMPosted by Lylirra
This is something we've been looking into for a while, and we're confident that we'll be able to implement a feature sometime in the future that gives players a better storage solution for their tabards. We're not sure if that feature will be a cosmetic tab or a drop-down list similar to titles just yet, though; there's still several factors that we need to consider carefully (certain tabards have on-use abilities, for example, which makes storing them a bit more complicated) before we can settle on the best course of action.

How about this as an idea, you have the on use abilities that could create a problem, but lets look at the new spells we get from guild (non class specific) well what if we get a new tab in our spell book that will store the tabard on use "spells" so when you get a new tabard that has on use for it, instead of getting just 1 item you get 2 you get the tabard to learn and another item that learns the on-use spell (much like back in the original you had the spell books for level 60 spells)
Are you referring to an appearance tab for cosmetic gear options?

No, but I can see the confusion. I just mean an additional tab that's superficial or non-essential (the literal definition of "cosmetic").

Aww, got my hopes up :(

No, but I can see the confusion. I just mean an additional tab that's superficial or non-essential (the literal definition of "cosmetic").

Well, I know what game I'm no longer playing, then.
This is something we've been looking into for a while, and we're confident that we'll be able to implement a feature sometime in the future that gives players a better storage solution for their tabards. We're not sure if that feature will be a cosmetic tab or a drop-down list similar to titles just yet, though; there's still several factors that we need to consider carefully (certain tabards have on-use abilities, for example, which makes storing them a bit more complicated) before we can settle on the best course of action.

Lylirra, talking about storage issues, I also think that gear needs this kind of change too, let me explain: I'm a DK as you can see, I'm Frost dps PVE, Blood tank PVE, and Frost PVP, this means I have 16 items for PVP, 16 items for dps PVE and 16 items for tank PVE, that's 48 slots (I'm not counting the weapons, off-hands and relics); gear should change the same way as spell bars changes when you change your spec, and maybe blizz could figure out what to do with the other 16 pvp items later... I always run out of slots becouse i've to have 48+ slots reserved for my gears.

Some may say that that's why you have a bank, but I constantly go trhough situations where my party ask me to change my spec in the middle of a dungeon or raid, or when i'm in pvp queue but want to kill some mobs in my pve dps spec, etc, its kind of frustrating to have to go back to orgrimar just to take your armor from the bank (you could have your HS in CD). I can't even imagine how is it for the all-in-one classes like druids...

So Lylirra, I would like to know if there's any plan from blizz to do something about this too?
A 75 slot tabard only bag and bank slot doesn't sound any more complicated than a 32 slot mining bag.

Is that really the most elegant solution, though? It might be quickest and simplest, but that doesn't mean there aren't better alternatives available. If we can implement a type of storage that's integrated into the character UI and doesn't take up extra bank space, then that would be ideal.

That option might not be technically possible due to the way some tabards work, but it's something we're investigating.

Do tabard bag now, then implement UI feature at a later date when you can get around to it. I agree that a UI implementation is much better, but something.... anything to get rid of the clutter of tabards at the moment would be nice :)
01/25/2011 1:06 PMPosted by Opheron
Best way would be similar to a pet/mount inventory. The only difference is you'd be setting a selection, not summoning. There would be a tabard worn currently: status and a default item 'none'(the infamous blank guild tabard). Maybe a text pane that describes the faction/tabard for lore reference.

You would select it on that screen and it'd appear on your character screen's tabard slot (clickable and drag-able,for action bar, - if applicable)

Also another option is remove the USE stat as a clickable stat from items, have those appear in your spellbook under an item spells tab, like the guild tab.
Maybe there should be a "Tabard Hanger". Like the key ring, but instead it's under your character select screen and it has a drop down tab for which tabard you wish to show (Or none at all ;D.) Probably which would be in the current tabard spot?
Solution =D. Not sure if this would be hard programming or not. Make tabards like companion pets to the extent of <Right-click to learn this> but if the tabards have normal right click abilities roll them into the spellbook under a new tab after they are learned (however it's getting crowded in there with guild also now a tab) and put the a roll out menu on the Character UI for Choosing the tabard you have learned that you want equipped. This would be easier to explain in person as I'm not a very good writer. Not sure if this could also get difficult with certain tabards giving rep in dungeons but maybe that could be solved somehow.
I'm just glad we can stack clams.

01/25/2011 1:25 PMPosted by Aloeverra
Then, they could be dropped into the key ring (which if I remember correctly, is ever expanding to the number of keys you have and grows as you place more keys in there.

The keyring isn't actually of unlimited size. It's actually fairly small. I had keys start appearing my bags back when I was going to Keymaster.

Tabards are learn-able, like pets or mounts, and if they have an on use it gets added to the General tab of your spellbook. Would be the best solution I think.
01/25/2011 1:49 PMPosted by Falkoner

Do tabard bag now, then implement UI feature at a later date when you can get around to it. I agree that a UI implementation is much better, but something.... anything to get rid of the clutter of tabards at the moment would be nice :)

I agree!
a huge tabard bag would suffice. a "non-elegant" solution is better than no solution.

At the same time, how important is "elegance"? As you've said, it's the quickest and simplest solution. Why not just use that solution temporarily, while you figure out a more "elegant" way of fitting the tabards in the UI?

I'd much rather have an inelegant but efficient solution that doesn't involved deleting my tabards to save up bank space than having to wait for something that may or may not happen.
01/25/2011 1:54 PMPosted by Haylel
a huge tabard bag would suffice. a "non-elegant" solution is better than no solution.

Exactly this. And I wish that Blizzard would start recognizing it.