Tabard Spam...

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 6 7 8 19 Next
Rather than trying to 'fix' for the 'on-use' tabbards why not just remove those tabbards from the UI either by taking away their on-use ability (and giving them to another item that is mailed to the player due to the change) or leaving those on-use ability tabbards out of the rotation.

I'd like to buy some tabbards (like the city ones) but I really don't see the point character development wise because I'm already exalted with the cities.

So tabbard of argent tournament (which I still keep in my bags interestingly) gets changed into the "tournament teleporter" with the same CD and an appropriate tabbard to learn for the new UI is then mailed to me.

Could then start to look like mounts/companions.
Treat tabards like keys. Keyring was ridiculous amounts of win when it was implemented, tabards should be treated the same.
01/25/2011 12:36 PMPosted by Solaru
Blues can tackle new topics :)

The forums have new topics?
Not in several weeks.
For this, give us a huge bank slot or bag or keyring equivalent and then make something pointlessly complex if you wish.

We're not trying to over complicate the situation, but if we're looking at adding a new feature, we want to make sure it's meaningful and appropriate for the game in the long-term. (Or, you know, at least try to.)

Right now, we're considering a variety of options because we agree that tabard storage would be great, and some of those options extend beyond simply adding another bank slot -- not because they're complex, but because we believe they'll make the most sense and feel the best when you're in game.

Exactly this. And I wish that Blizzard would start recognizing it.

We're not against interim solutions on principle by any means, especially if we feel they're worthwhile. It's just that we have to tread lightly and always be mindful of what happens to those stopgaps once the final product is released.
01/25/2011 3:45 PMPosted by Lylirra
For this, give us a huge bank slot or bag or keyring equivalent and then make something pointlessly complex if you wish.

We're not trying to over complicate the situation, but if we're looking at adding a new feature, we want to make sure it's meaningful and appropriate for the game in the long-term. (Or, you know, at least try to.)

Right now, we're considering a variety of options because we agree that tabard storage would be great, and some of those options extend beyond simply adding another bank slot -- not because they're complex, but because we believe they'll make the most sense and feel the best when you're in game.

We're not against interim solutions on principle by any means, especially if we feel they're worthwhile. It's just that we have to tread lightly and always be mindful of what happens to those stopgaps once the final product is released.

So, um... what about the armor sets? /crosses fingers
I understand you're "investigating" but is there any way to expedite the process?

It has been over a year since I last heard mention of this (and even longer since I saw players first mention it), and throughout it all my bank has been FULL of tabards, I have at least a bag and a half filled with tabards, plus the ones I'm currently carrying on my person everywhere.

It really has gotten a little out of control due to the fact that each expansion has been increasing the number of tabards available. And I dont even have the tabard achievement yet, which leaves me feeling really sorry for the people who went to the bother of all that....

And were rewarded with yet another tabard lol (although it does look really cool).
Just my vote Lylirra, but I love the drop down box option like how the titles are now.
It may not be the most elegant solution, no, but have you considered, just for a second, to add it in, then, when the more elegant solution is added, the "Tabard Only" bag with extra bag space is simply converted to a normal bag, similar to soul bags and quivers?

It'd give a short term fix to players who are overloaded with tabards, and give you more time to work on the long term fix without so much player outcry.
I don't really have an issue with tabards. Would a storage system be nice? Sure. But you can always just re-buy them from the vendor your originally bought them from and those you can't are usually on the tabard vendor in the guild registration place. I only have maybe 3-4 special ones that don't show up there that i've kept. Like the pvp ones that you bought with honor or marks that I'd need honor to re-buy.

I'd much prefer development of a broader system for "rp" items. Mainly from world events and holidays. I'd say more then 50% of my bank is taken up by holiday event items that I rarely if ever use but don't want to get rid of because they are now collectors items. That stuff needs its own storage system, or stay purchasable for cheap once you own them from a vendor you summon like the dark moon fortune tellers for rogue/demon/mage decks.
01/25/2011 3:57 PMPosted by Karone
It may not be the most elegant solution, no, but have you considered, just for a second, to add it in, then, when the more elegant solution is added, the "Tabard Only" bag with extra bag space is simply converted to a normal bag, similar to soul bags and quivers?

It'd give a short term fix to players who are overloaded with tabards, and give you more time to work on the long term fix without so much player outcry.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=5049 is a non-elegant system already in place to hold us over until they find a better solution. It takes away 18 tabards that you had to store. Ask them to add more to that vendor rather then devote more time to another system that is just a band-aid.

That vendor does allow some that you don't buy, like the purple/green illdari tabards to obtained through them.
01/25/2011 10:10 AMPosted by Joscelín

Try playing FFXI before they virtually tripled your available inventory. Then complain about your space. lol.

I did, and I still find this game more restrictive. The only reason that game was bad is because you'd be saving gear for every class of every level...
Seems like an easy solution is to make the tabard tab, put the on-use abilities for those tabards that have them into a seperate new item, and then make the associated tabard simply cosmetic.
I believe that there should be one physical tabard. Like a Hearthstone. Then a drop down menu that can change that one tabard to be any design you have collected.

This allows use tabards to still be used.
01/25/2011 3:51 PMPosted by Blackriver
So, um... what about the armor sets? /crosses fingers

It would definitely be nice if they actually said something about this.
01/25/2011 3:45 PMPosted by Lylirra

C'mon, its not like we're asking you to award 1800 honor to the attacking side in Tol Barad (that clusterf... was your own doing).

Tho, I suppose its possible someone would screw up the implementation and there'd be some stupid side-effect making a full tabard bag grant you +100k attack power and complete invisibility. Better to be safe and DO NOTHING AT ALL FOR SIX YEARS, amirite?
Convert each tabard into a spell that summons the exact same item currently in game. The only changes that would need to be made is changing them all to be soulbound and have no vendor sell price. The summon spells are what would then show up on the new tabard tab. It shouldn't take very long to edit the data for a few dozen items, tops.

I can't imagine there would be a problem with summoning an item with an on-use ability. Thunderstrike showed this was possible six years ago.

In regards to specialty bags, how about some parity in profession bag size? Jewelcrafters are crying in the corner over the new fishing bags.
01/25/2011 4:16 PMPosted by Ersiusp
In regards to specialty bags, how about some parity in profession bag size? Jewelcrafters are crying in the corner over the new fishing bags.

There's a 36-slot JC bag available... its a rare drop from fishing...

j/k
Just stopping in, didn't read a single post but here's an idea.

Taking from the Mage Portal/Teleport system, using one button to roll out options.

You could add an arrow next to the tabard slot on the char stats window, not unlike the 'find an upgrade' button on the old armory. Then when you want to USE the tabard you just click on the tabard itself, rather than the arrow-box to the left/right (or top/bottom if moved) of it.
Kind of like the titles drop down.

I understand it probably wouldn't be this simple to throw in, and might even require the tabard to move to a different slot (such as, where the wrist slot is now) but figured it was worth saying.
01/25/2011 12:47 PMPosted by Stompcow
I love how we got the key ring, and right after that they removed key requirements for most stuff. I know they will make the sake mistake twice.

So let us stuff the tabards in our key ring window. Same amount of space, recycled.

(I don't care either way, I saved a few but I doubt there will be another tabard achievement ever.)