Blizzard and Communication (RE:2200 Weapons)

Arenas
Prev 1 4 5 6 14 Next
THIS ISNT NEW. RESIL IS TOO GOOD RIGHT NOW. BLIZZARD MUST LET PVERS HAVE AN ADVANTAGE IN PVP. THIS HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE CASE
In RBGs our team has to focus warriors with heroic PVE weapons because they literally kill people in 2-3 hits. How is it fair to allow PVE weapons in arena and rbgs while at the same time withholding 2200 weap from pvpers? We're getting pounded in the face with superior PVE weapons. Is Blizz sending the message that pvpers must PVE to stay competitive?
Why not banning all PVE gear from PVP??? WHY NOT???
Except it's the opposite try again baddie mcdragonslayer.

Ignorance is bliss.
01/25/2011 12:33 PMPosted by Daxxarri

You will get a negative reaction with your decision to delay 2200 arena weapons.
You will get a negative overreaction with your decision not to communicate with us about it.
But then again, you probably already knew that.

Sometimes, you have to make an unpopular decision, and you take a lot of heat for it. I understand that you guys aren't happy, and I'm sorry about that.

With regard to the weapon delay, as with any change which affects your gameplay, we always prefer to provide advance notice whenever possible, but in some situations it isn't an option. Unfortunately, this was one of those cases.

Some of you may recall that there were times in the past when it was common for the Arenas to be flooded by geared raiders actively engaging in arena matches exclusively to acquire weapons for the sake of defeating PvE content. That's not the intended design for arena rewards (that they be part of PvE progression), and that was a situation that we were hoping to avoid now. Raid content is very challenging currently, and as a direct result, there are fewer top tier weapons floating around. What we didn't want was a 'gold rush' on arenas, which would diffuse the competitive space there as well as give PvE focused players an undue advantage for raid content.

Ultimately, what we really want is parity in the availability of top end PvP and PvE weaponry. We want to see top end PvP and PvE items filtering into the player community at roughly the same time. This delay is an effort to achieve that aforementioned parity in this case.

Ok so first we our 4pc bonus gets nerfed because its too valuable in pve, now weapons get put back because there too valuable for pve. It all seems like a bunch of bandaids to the more obvious solution in my opinion. Stop allowing pvp gear to be used in raid content.
01/25/2011 12:34 PMPosted by Frosteye
How come PVE 372 weapons are still usable in arena then?

Right now PVE gear has an advantage in PVP.

right now:

2200 WEP IN ARENA: NO
2200 WEP IN PVE: NO

372 PVE WEP IN ARENA: YES
372 PVE WEP IN PVE: YES

P.S. Keep legendaries out of Arena this time. Not sure why I bother asking though.

^this. There might be people with 372 RIGHHT NOW, and as a result they can faceroll in competitive pvp. This is exactly what happened with DFO AND SHADOWMOURNE AND BLIZZARD IS DOING IT AGAIN

You will get a negative reaction with your decision to delay 2200 arena weapons.
You will get a negative overreaction with your decision not to communicate with us about it.

Sometimes, you have to make an unpopular decision, and you take a lot of heat for it. I understand that you guys aren't happy, and I'm sorry about that.

With regard to the weapon delay, as with any change which affects your gameplay, we always prefer to provide advance notice whenever possible, but in some situations it isn't an option. Unfortunately, this was one of those cases.

Some of you may recall that there were times in the past when it was common for the Arenas to be flooded by geared raiders actively engaging in arena matches exclusively to acquire weapons for the sake of defeating PvE content. That's not the intended design for arena rewards (that they be part of PvE progression), and that was a situation that we were hoping to avoid now. Raid content is very challenging currently, and as a direct result, there are fewer top tier weapons floating around. What we didn't want was a 'gold rush' on arenas, which would diffuse the competitive space there as well as give PvE focused players an undue advantage for raid content.

Ultimately, what we really want is parity in the availability of top end PvP and PvE weaponry. We want to see top end PvP and PvE items filtering into the player community at roughly the same time. This delay is an effort to achieve that aforementioned parity in this case.

This makes a lot of sense to me, and I understand and agree with your current action. What I would like though, is for you guys to make equivialent pvp trinkets that are as effective as the pve trinket known as crushing weight.

I'm not sure what your data shows, but if it's possible to get this information, would it show you (and us) that competitive PvP players do PvE to get PvE exclusive trinkets? And if that's the case would you be willing to make equivalent pvp trinkets?
Whether or not blizzard's response was a good one, I really don't think there's much we can do. They have always seemed to favor PvE, as it is easier to balance and applies to a larger audience.
Just going to add my voice to those asking why its ok for PvE weapons that overpower the current PvP 'tier' to be allowed.

There are people, perhaps even 'many' who completely dislike PvE for a variety of reasons but choose to play this game with friends, if your going to work to ensure that PvP doesnt bleed into your PvE, I hope you make sure the balance is the same between those high end items from both paths of progression.

So because raiders have been bad at raiding, pvp'ers are supposed to sit on their thumbs? Remember, had there not been a huge arena rating bug, the weapons would have never been pulled to begin with.

Also as someone said earlier, you can't get the high end weapons without getting up there in pvp content (ala 2200). Since this is the case, raiders can't simply put in their time and get pvp weapons which would be inferior anyway simply because of resilience taking up a large portion of the stat budget.

Also what kind of backwards logic can allow the best pvp items to come from pve, and yet not allow the reverse to be true. The hardest part about pve is getting enough people that are on the same schedule, that are the right roles, that aren't completely retarded to regularly show up. Aside from that it's just hoping that you win the virtual die roll insofar as getting your loot. The scripted pve fights are a LOT easier than a player that thinks, acts, and reacts.

90%+ of the PvEers are totally incapable of reaching 2.2k in arenas, they have no clue on how to PvP, aren't fully geared or specced for it and basically only know how to perform an ideal rotation on a pixel mob that sits there and pops a few circles on the ground to walk out of. PvP and PvE really isn't comparable, the difficulty of PvE in WoW has and always will be almost exclusively to grind gear.

Every single high ranked PvPer I've seen was very easily capable of pulling top damage in PvE if they had the gear for it or even weaker (done it myself countless times on my different classes). Most PvE players I've dueled or engaged in arenas or BGs are HORRIBLE at PvP because they need fast reflexes, to defend themselves, time CCs and burst and adapt to the situation.

If you let the 2.2k weapons go live, most people who will get it will be PvPers who do NOT want to go waste their time in PvE instances anyways.
Bad form on Blizzards end...

Even though 3 guilds have already downed Heroic Raids...