Priest
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 21 Next
Showing my support

/sticky
02/01/2011 9:49 PMPosted by Twelvé
Showing my support

/sticky

Thank you for your support! Hopefully we can get this stickied so I can update it often and with each new season! Tell your friends to come and "Like" it, Vote Sticky and reply to keep it on the front page!

I'm also in a great mood as I just broke 2200 (2202) in RBGs. Fear my eggshell grey and musky rose fabric. God it's awful looking, lol.
Thank you.
This was exactly what I was looking for.

/Sticky please!
To the top!!
thanks for this guide
bookmarked
Great guide, thanks for taking the time

reported for sticky!
Thanks for all the support. I'm actively making changes still and awaiting patch 4.0.6.
I have basically tried all different combos for gemming including max hast, max intel, max resil. Far as reforging I have tried mastery, haste, crit, spirit. Resil maximum was the most fun at 4100+ res but I was not as deadly... Tyemmost effective was to gem for max intel and to reforge crit. Litterally at 13 percent crit it feels like you are constant critting... Furthermore this stat priority is also good for disc. With a large enough manna pool you can pretty much clearcast flash heal to kelp yourself up... The other heals are for everyone else flash heal is reserved for me IMO
Great post! Thanks for putting it together. I'm just getting back into PvP and it's been frustrating trying to find good shadow guides for Cata. Excellent base to start from. I hope you continue to update as you get more info.

/sticky
I hope this will be updated for tomorrow.
02/07/2011 8:27 PMPosted by Venaliter
I hope this will be updated for tomorrow.

I plan to have it updated no later than tomorrow evening. Right now the big question is concerning the patch notes,

The PvP priest 4-piece set bonus has been redesigned. When Power Word: Shield is cast on the priest, movement speed reduction effects are temporally suppressed for 4 seconds.

On the PTR this was only on the Mooncloth set. But this makes it sound like they changed it last minute for Satin as well. If they did, modifying the list is easy. If they only made it for Mooncloth, I'll need to get out the calculator and punch some numbers before adjusting anything due to unavoidable +Spirit on at least two of the items.

Thank you again for the support. I wonder why it was stickied yet.
02/08/2011 2:06 AMPosted by Dusknoir
It's always said that. There's no reason to think it'll be added to the Satin set.

Even after playing this game for so many years, somehow I manage to hold onto this incredibly thin and pathetically weak string of hope.

Sorta sucks too. Because of the static +Spirit on the pieces of Mooncloth I don't have and having various +Hit items (Bracer, Belt, Ring) I already own, trying to juggle those stats is most likely past the point of no return for me.

I'll just wait until I finish my current set and they release the 2200 Weapons. At least I'll have something to spend my excess Conquest on.

It boggles me as to how they do not see this 4-Piece bonus making Satin obsolete.
/bump

Please sticky!
2/2 Twisted Faith is actually a relatively prominent choice among top PvP shadow priests. Aside from the obvious 1/1 Spi-Hit conversion and the added OOC regen, many consider it superior to improved mind blast. I personally prefer the added 2% shadow damage over imp MB which, in its current comparatively low-damage state, is very mediocre. Come the patch, this may change, but I don't find myself counting down the seconds on my MB cooldown like I did in wrath.

Aside from that, great guide. You might include the desired 4% hit cap in your early itemization as I see a lot of people requesting information on that in the forums at times.

This also makes getting + hit gear obsolete if you take these talents.

Since getting 1/1 hit for spirit, why not take spirit instead of hit?
It's like taking crit over int. With int you get mana, spellpower, and crit.
with spirit (talented) you get hit and mana recovery.
No hit pieces or enchants IMO.
Makes things easier this is for sure.

/bump
2/2 Twisted Faith is actually a relatively prominent choice among top PvP shadow priests. Aside from the obvious 1/1 Spi-Hit conversion and the added OOC regen, many consider it superior to improved mind blast. I personally prefer the added 2% shadow damage over imp MB which, in its current comparatively low-damage state, is very mediocre. Come the patch, this may change, but I don't find myself counting down the seconds on my MB cooldown like I did in wrath.

Aside from that, great guide. You might include the desired 4% hit cap in your early itemization as I see a lot of people requesting information on that in the forums at times.

This also makes getting + hit gear obsolete if you take these talents.

Since getting 1/1 hit for spirit, why not take spirit instead of hit?
It's like taking crit over int. With int you get mana, spellpower, and crit.
with spirit (talented) you get hit and mana recovery.
No hit pieces or enchants IMO.

I've dramatically changed my original thread once 4.0.6 released and Satin did not change the 4-Piece bonus. So Mooncloth is the way to go now for Shadow Priests making Satin obsolete sans the Helm.

I got my mathematics within an tenth of a percent but I won't be happy until get it into the thousandths. I just have to setup the gear and screw around with the reforging and gemming. the closer I can get the Hit percentage to 4%, the more stats you will have elsewhere that aren't wasted.

Thanks for the reply and support!