Shadow PvP: Legion Season 1

Priest
Prev 1 5 6 7 22 Next
I'm glad to see this finally stickied. :>
Wish I had found this guide a few weeks ago. I just finished getting what I thought was my shadow set and now I realize I was totally wrong, and I may be the worse pvp shadow priest ever >.< . Guess this gives me a reason to do more reg bg's though lol. Great guide. :)
Thanks for the prompt and in-depth response, and the follow-up. Last night we got our 3s in (and then some, to push our rating), so while I read your post and made some changes, I didn't have the chance to write back until now.

The reason I was only one deep in Twisted Faith is that, with the spirit weapon and wand, I was hit capped at only the 50% conversion. I've been moving around my spec a lot lately, experimenting with what works for me. I've been taking advantage of the fact that with the new era there are no longer such strict "cookie cutter" specs. I'll be shuffling the points in and out as I balance my hit rating.

And I had saved up my points from last week, during which I was focusing on my fire mage on Ravenholdt, for something bigger. I'm glad I looked up BH drops and read your post previous, because I almost invested in the leggings instead of the helm, even bought the more expensive enchant (which I'm considering putting on my Bloodthirsty leggings in the meanwhile, or at least might after I do BH this week, hopefully today.)

I've gone back and forth in and out of Darkangel in both PvP and PvE specs. I really, really hate its mechanics. Perhaps it's just a personal thing, but if I wanted to nuke without DoTs rolling, I'd roll an Arcane mage or something. I view DoTs as the heart of shadow priesting, and the advantage of having DoTs still ticking even after I've died or had to LoS or move off of my last target is not to be underestimated. I tend to seek out other shadow priests for 1v1 scuffles in battlegrounds and Tol Barad, and if they're only tossing on mind spikes and blasts and nuking me, they've basically done nothing to invest in my death. I know it's more about a balance, and I used to resort to it when up against something that's dispelling my DoTs religiously, but I just can't seem to get into it. Even when I have it in my spec, it goes neglected. But perhaps I need more practice with it, and ought to do more research. Can't not change with the times. Though speccing into Vampiric Touch fearing its dispeller has only strengthened my ability to stand toe to toe with dispellers.

My stubbornness aside, I shall do my research on it. I'll look into those specs and do some of my own experimenting. Actually, I'm really glad you included Talbadar, I was lost for a bit when I couldn't figure out which one he was when he stopped being Undead (there are a fair few copycats).

Thanks again for your time and input! I'll continue checking back for your updates.
I figured you didn't have 2/2 in an attempt to control your +Hit but being under in PvP is a suicide wish. It's much better to be over than to be under. And being over 1/2 a percent is no big deal.

Dark Archangel was a great tool added to our plethora of abilities (buttons lol). When I'm not using it and Dark Archangel for nuking a flag carrier, I use it to drop someone quickly.

I let me DoTs tear someone up and once my 5 stack is achieved, I pop wings and trinket then go to town. You may not like it too much, but it sync well with what we do. Plus the 25% mana return is extremely helpful.

Watch my stream sometime this week, early mornings about 730am to 8am EST. You'll see how I use it in most cases and possibly change your mind. If you work during those hours, do what everyone else watching was doing... run it in the background. :)

www/livestream.com/merrik
Yeah, I know being under hit for anything you're doing...especially PvP, is just a Bad Idea. I was still hit capped at that time even with 1/2. I'm 2/2 now, as I'm now under with just 1/2, and shall continue to work on getting my hit closer to cap or just over.

You raise a lot of good points. I'll check out the stream and give it a second chance next time I hop on Pea.

Stubborn goat resists change, but I can still try things more'n once!
Merrik thanks for taking the time to write this guide. I am a newly 85 spriest that had no clue where to begin when choosing items for pvp and this gives me something to go off of and learn what works and why etc.

much love man
Glad it helps!
Can I just say, I love that Blizz censored Dr ape of Diffusion....r a p e! lol
04/01/2011 08:32 AMPosted by Gobliton
Can I just say, I love that Blizz censored Dr ape of Diffusion....r a p e! lol

haha yeah
Can anyone give me an updated rotation for pvp? not sure how/when to apply mind spike is most benefitial/ benefitial at all.
Thanks for this guide. I've been needing something like for a while.
What do people think about this gear guide as it applies to a pvp Disc priest?

Thanks all.
I just made a 2nd pair of Engineering goggles for PvP and I was wondering which cogwheels should be put in them. I want to say resilience and haste but I would like a second opinion.
05/03/2011 11:04 PMPosted by Amathar
I just made a 2nd pair of Engineering goggles for PvP and I was wondering which cogwheels should be put in them. I want to say resilience and haste but I would like a second opinion.

Sorry for the late response. I've been really disheartened since 4.1 with Shadow Priest PvP and don't want to continue subjugating myself to the nonsense of not being able to do anything over half a fight.

I believe 3,300 Resilience is still the magic marker for everyone with the Resilience change now so base those Cog Wheels off of what your lacking the most.
05/06/2011 02:43 PMPosted by Merrik

Sorry for the late response. I've been really disheartened since 4.1 with Shadow Priest PvP and don't want to continue subjugating myself to the nonsense of not being able to do anything over half a fight.

I believe 3,300 Resilience is still the magic marker for everyone with the Resilience change now so base those Cog Wheels off of what your lacking the most.

Makes sense. Thank you!
Well Done!
NM Figured it out.
Anything similar to this post for Disc?
Just wondering about the possible increase with mastery....will we need to stack mastery then haste then crit with the next patch?