Best Heirloom For Prot Pally?

Paladin
Hey i'm sort of new to pallys but i understand how to tank. My issue you is that some people tell me the PvE Heirlooms are better and some say the PvP ones are better. I know that the PvE Chest/Legs are better so i am using those(Polished Breastplate/Helm of Valor) as well as two of the haste and 2% health regen trinks. My real question is... what is the best weapon. I am going to be tanking dungeons throughout leveling and currently I am using the [Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge] with +stam +agil and +crit. But i've been told that strength is better than agility so i've been wondering if i should purchase the [Reforged Truesilver Champion] which is +stam +str and +resil. I really can't decide so if there is anyone out there willing to help by telling me which one to use or if i should use one of the other 1h heirlooms that would help a lot.

Edit: And since they stop scaleing at 80 should the whole set be replaced with cata gear?
Pweez
Truesilver Champion is a 2H, so you wouldn't want to use it while you're tanking anyway.

It may be nice to use outside of 5 mans for questing though. (I honestly don't know when Paladin's get their Holy Power ability Shield of Righteous. That's 16 talent points, and its 1 every other level now, right?) SoR and your shield throw are your only two abilities dependent o your shield--both would be nice in dungeons, I don't know how useful they are while questing outside though.
There aren't any STR heirloom 1-handers, and you'll need a shield if you want to be prot. Venerable Dal'rend's is fine.
Yes thank you I feel like an idiot I didn't notice that Trusesilver was a h >.>
01/27/2011 8:11 AMPosted by Lyria
Venerable Dal'rend's is fine.

Dal'rend's looked good to me as well. I have seen others suggest the Thrash Blade for added melee hits, though.

6 / one-half dozen...
I have both, and the proc rate on the Thrash Blade is low enough to be negligible.

It's cute when it happens, but meh.

Dal'rend's looked good to me as well.

This I a disagree with.

Dal'rend's looks horrible.

Why couldn't they have re-skinned a katana for an heirloom weapon. Or a rapier, or cutlass?
01/27/2011 8:20 AMPosted by Domo

Dal'rend's looked good to me as well.

This I a disagree with.

Dal'rend's looks horrible.

Why couldn't they have re-skinned a katana for an heirloom weapon. Or a rapier, or cutlass?

Ahh, English language, you've struck again! Haha... I was referring to stats, not actual appearance.
I just put crusader on the BoA agi mace (mcgowen or something like that) i used to level my shaman. Any of them work, leveling is really not all that much serious business
There is no Tanking Heirloom, just take all the DPS set and go on anyway, I´m leveling with that (check my toon)
Edit: I´m not wearing the 1 handed heirloom sword ATM but go and get it and any tanking shield you find from dungeons.-
Maybe I am an oddball, but once I spec'd prot, I used the caster 1h mace. The one with spellpower and int. I was basically AoE'ing my way through the lower levels. Seemed like most of what I was doing was spellpower based (HoR splash, HW, consecrate). The two other main spells (Shield of the righteous and AS) didn't seem much affected by weapon DPS. Everytime I equipped a higher damage weapon, my overall DPS went way down. Used that thing all the way till Cata and loved it. Bigger self heals, bigger splash on the multi mobs, etc. Ticked my mage friend off that I out damaged him easily all the way up into late LK content. The math numbers might not back it up, but I liked it.
Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge and mass of McGowen are both excellent weapons. It is hard to beat them with a drop/reward at your level. I would say if there isn't a real difference. If you get and expertise racial bonus take the weapon that applies (Dwarf, Human, ect.), otherwise take the one you thinks looks best. They will both serve you well!

Paladin Leveling Guide - http://www.brighthub.com/video-games/pc/articles/101423.aspx
Holy Paladin 101 - http://www.brighthub.com/video-games/pc/articles/103016.aspx