Death Coil macro

UI and Macro
Been trying for a while now to make a macro to cast death coil on me when lichborne is up, and at the enemy when it isn't, and I just can't get it to work reliably.

I've tried

/cast [@player] Death Coil
/cast [@target] Death Coil

and the somewhat less sophisticated

/target Gorvax
/cast Death Coil
/targetlasttarget
/cast Death Coil

and neither of them work 100% of the time. I'm obviously not a macro prodigy but I think I do ok and I just can't figure out how to make this one work. There's probably some command that I just don't know about.

Basically, trying to make a macro cast death coil at myself when lichborne is up, at the enemy when it isn't, with one button, no modifier. Is it even possible?
01/26/2011 5:25 AMPosted by Gorvax
Basically, trying to make a macro cast death coil at myself when lichborne is up, at the enemy when it isn't, with one button, no modifier. Is it even possible?

Nope.
It would be nice if Blizzard would let macros check for certain conditions such as this. Maybe something around the lines

/cast Death Coil [@player, ifHaveBuff "Lichborn" =1]
/cast Death Coil [@target, ifHaveBuff "Lichborn" =0]

I'm terrible at coding, so it's very likely that the macro wouldn't even go like that at all if it were possible.
It's been asked and denied. Blizzard want you to play the game, not some IWIN macro.
http://www.wowpedia.org/Making_a_macro#Complete_list

This is a complete list of macro conditionals. If it's not on this list, you must, by design, recognize the condition yourself and react to it.
01/26/2011 6:22 AMPosted by Jondoe
It would be nice if Blizzard would let macros check for certain conditions such as this. Maybe something around the lines

Used to be possible back in Vanilla. Had a nice Corruption spam macro on my warlock for BGs.
Checking for buffs is not viable in macros.

As an alternative, I would recommend:

/cast [@player,mod] Death Coil; [@mouseover,harm,exists] [harm,exists] Death Coil

What the macro does:
[@player,mod] Death Coil <-- cast DC on yourself if a mod is held like ctrl/alt/shift
[@mouseover,harm,exists] [harm,exists] Death Coil <-- cast DC if mouseover exist and an enemy OR cast DC on your current target if your current target is an enemy
#showtooltip Lichborne
/cast !Lichborne;
/cast [target=player] Death Coil

this will cast lichborne then death coils at yourself, all in one button. just spam the !@#$ out of it when u have plenty of runic power