Can I get green Cata gears at lvl 77?

New Player Help and Guides
Hello everyone, I'm at lvl 77 now and I wonder if I could get Cata green gears at this level, because the last time I went to BG, somebody said that at this level I can get better gear from Cata.
Please tell me if it's possible, thank you. :)
You can get level 77+ greens on the auction house, but you cannot start any Cataclysm quests until level 80.
You can, but probably only through other people and the Auction House. You can't start questing in Cataclysm areas until you're 80, and farming in any available areas (like Mt. Hyjal) would be difficult to do by yourself at your level. This is, of course, assuming you have Cataclysm.

If you don't have the expansion, then your only methods are to have the green drops traded to you, or purchase them from the AH.
I see, cause I was looking for all the places to get information on those green gears, guess I have to lvling up to 80 now. Thank you guys. :)
Over the course of a few days that I was checking the AH regularly, I never saw one 77 cata green up, I'm sure those get snapped up the fastest. I did see a handful of 78s and 79s, and plenty of 80s hehe. They are all over priced too because everyone knows how bad the people want them at 77 ;o) And than a day or two after you spend 200 gold for 1 item, you will find a better one yourself ;oP
I've zapped quite a few 77, 78, 79, 80 Cata greens :D I feel my need for them as enchanting materials is greater than my need to sell them for a few gold.
But does anyone know where to get cata gear from? Like what area do they drop in or what instant?
Cataclysm zones and Cataclysm dungeons. The first zones would be Vahsj'ir or Mt. Hyjal, and the first instances you can discover are Throne of the Tides and Blackrock Caverns, both requiring you to find the entrance, have level 80, and at least iLvl 226 gear.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Cataclysm_instances_by_level
I can only get low lvl cata gear from those area? wow that sucks XD but kinda kewl if I can get green cata gear for my druid.
I was lucky enough to ding 77 and head to AH, found a nice 2h wep that doubled my total dps at 77 and couple rings that are 79 but as for continually checking back at the AH could not find a single 77 cata plate item. Time to wait for the patch and then put in some long leveling til 79 and hope I find better gear myself. Not having Fast Flying yet is also a little depressing
There's also a few craftable items that are available before and at 80.
02/08/2011 12:18 PMPosted by Vaeku
There's also a few craftable items that are available before and at 80.

There's a grand total of 3 craftable 75-79 items that were added in Cataclysm.

http://www.wowhead.com/items=4?filter=minrl=75;maxrl=79;cr=166:86;crs=4:11;crv=0:0
Frankly, I don't have Cata gear at 77 either.
I can probably get some of my guildies to help me farm some, but that'll only be after I find the entrance to Mt. Hyjal ;D
Alas, however, I haven't yet checked the auction house. I still need to, and need to work my money back up questing, as it goes faster than it comes ;3
But anyways, enough of me rambling. According to the people I've asked, you can get green Catas, but they're much easier, and much more plentiful, at 78 than 77. And then, of course, you get more each level. At first I was told I had to be level 78, but then I was told 77, and it seems that's the right answer.
Mail Armor with a Req. Level of 77 added in Cata:
http://www.wowhead.com/items=4.3?filter=minrl=77;maxrl=77;cr=166;crs=4;crv=0

Plate Armor with a Req. Level of 77 added in Cata:
http://www.wowhead.com/items=4.4?filter=minrl=77;maxrl=77;cr=166;crs=4;crv=0
Frankly, I don't have Cata gear at 77 either.
...only be after I find the entrance to Mt. Hyjal ;D

At 80 you will get a quest that will take you to Mt Hyjal. If you want to look around earlier, all you need is Azeroth flying (and an oxygen mask for the high altitude going over the mountains :D )
The former ground path into Mount Hyjal, via Darkwhisper Gorge, is no longer accessible. The bridge over Frostwhisper Gorge was destroyed in the Cataclysm, and there's no way around or up the far side. You'll have to fly or wait until 80.
Just one of my pet peeves, but when you're talking about equipment, the plural of gear is gear - no "s". e.g. My toon has a lot of gear.

When you're talking about small mechanical parts, the plural for does have an "s" - e.g. The watch contains many gears.
Just one of my pet peeves, but when you're talking about equipment, the plural of gear is gear - no "s". e.g. My toon has a lot of gear.

When you're talking about small mechanical parts, the plural for does have an "s" - e.g. The watch contains many gears.
I think people who say "gears" probably are using leetspeak but there gear is usually spelled gearz
I've been farming for like 3hours for green Cata gear and haven't found anything yet anyone know were i can find some...?
03/05/2011 4:59 PMPosted by Juggalopala
I've been farming for like 3hours for green Cata gear and haven't found anything yet anyone know were i can find some...?

In a Cataclysm zone.