Holy paladin Judgement macro

UI and Macro
Post Limit:
Basically, as a holy paladin, I've been trying to make a macro to use judgement on my tank's target without deselecting him. So far what some guildies and i have made is:

/cast [@assist, exists] [] Judgement

This macro does cast judgement on the tank's target but it also deselects him and goes to the mob. Is there any way to fix this?
I'm really bad with macros so any advice would help :)
Judgement spells start your atuo-attack on the target judged. This forces a target change.

Add /targetlasttarget to the bottom of your macro and hit it twice.
This is a function of how Judgment works and unfortunately there's no workaround; you'll need to retarget the tank after using the macro.
What I have done is adjusted to click-casting heals on my raid frames and keeping the DPS/Judgement target as my target. Works like a charm, especially now that there are encounters where everyone has to watch for the boss casting certain abilities.
I would think just adding /targetlasttarget would suffice.

/targetlasttarget

Or of course you could use: (I am pretty sure this will work; I use this in most of my heals actually and I don't lose my current target but judgements are funny w/ macros so I don't guarentee anything)
/cast [@targetstarget, exists] [] Judgement

If I may make a suggestion here; try something like this for your heals instead. (I am not on my gaming machine so this might be a little rough around the edges but the concept still works)

/cast [@mouseover, help] [@targetstarget, help] [] Healing Spell

This way you can just keep the enemy targeted the whole time for judgments and if you aren't moused over anyone it will heal the target of your target (hopefully the tank)
01/27/2011 1:17 PMPosted by Fitzvellen
/targetlasttarget

"assist" is not a valid macro conditional, it's just a command, like /assist.
/targetlasttarget

"assist" is not a valid macro conditional, it's just a command, like /assist.

yeah, I was lazy and just copied what he had assuming it was actually working. I should have actually looked at what he had rather than assuming...
#showtooltip
/cast [@targettarget,harm,nodead][harm,nodead] Judgement
/targetlasttarget
Thanks everyone for the help :) Should make my healing a bit smoother.
I've set up my macro as such:

#showtooltip Judgement
/assist
/cast Judgement
/targetlasttarget

But it does not seem to retarget the tank appropriately.

Does anyone know if:

#showtooltip Judgement
/assist
/cast Judgement
/in 0.1 /targetlasttarget

would perhaps work?
No, it would not work. Hit the macro twice.
02/13/2011 8:15 PMPosted by Simpleton

This is the ONLY solution? All else has been tried?
02/13/2011 8:26 PMPosted by Pögö

This is the ONLY solution? All else has been tried?

Yes...

Targeting is a protected function. You can't use delays like /in with it nor can you automate it. You can't even call it through scripting.

The target change doesn't occur until the spell cast success event is received from the server, which means the macro will finish running long before the target changes. So on the first press, /targetlasttarget basically does nothing. You have to hit it twice. Not exactly difficult or stress inducing.
#showtooltip Judgement
/cast [target=targettarget, exists, harm]Judgement; Judgement

Casts Judgement on the target of your target if they are hostile. Regular Judgement if no tank selected.
#showtooltip Judgement
/cast [target=targettarget, exists, harm]Judgement; Judgement

Casts Judgement on the target of your target if they are hostile. Regular Judgement if no tank selected.

Which does nothing regarding the OP's issue that due to the nature of Judgement, it will change your target.

Also.

#showtooltip
/cast [@targettarget,harm][] Judgement
Inien, I swear you have the patience of Job. <3
@OP - Food for thought.
#showtooltip
/cast [@focustarget,harm][] Judgement

...and, at the beginning of your dungeon or raid set /focus on your tank. This way it doesn't mater who you have targeted, Judgement will always assist your tank.
@OP - Food for thought.
#showtooltip
/cast [@focustarget,harm][] Judgement

...and, at the beginning of your dungeon or raid set /focus on your tank. This way it doesn't mater who you have targeted, Judgement will always assist your tank.

02/14/2011 3:20 PMPosted by Inien
Which does nothing regarding the OP's issue that due to the nature of Judgement, it will change your target.
I don't recognize the helpful nature of the infamous triple dot, fortunately my Anti-Magic Shell renders me immune for a short duration. Alas, my "Food for thought" was not intended to contradict or otherwise impede on your omniscient grasp of the OP's issue. Rather I was offering my suggestion to simplify assisting the tank, which appears to be what the OP is ultimately trying to accomplish in the simplest fashion possible. I realize that you, o'wise one, are correct about the nature of the spell we are discussing. That however does not limit the OP to no available solution, it merely changes the method and perhaps their thinking about how to approach applying Judgement as a healer. Unkle already let the OP know that Judgement initiates auto attack, forcing a target change.

In regards to what you felt compelled to repeat.

This is accurate:
02/15/2011 6:57 AMPosted by Inien
due to the nature of Judgement, it will change your target.

This is not:
02/15/2011 6:57 AMPosted by Inien
Which does nothing regarding the OP's issue