PvP Mage Macros- Suggestions add your own.

Mage
1 2 3 10 Next
I'm interested in sharing what I've got so far, and what else is out there. Not everything I have is originally mine, but most of it I've created myself. Keep in mind I made my mage a few months ago and haven't played much arcane.

Original macros have been edited, mostly my own where I've seen the error of my ways, and some have been combined with ideas posted by other players. All credits will be listed. Since this is a thread I created please don't be upset if you post a macro and it is not reflected in the list. Chances are I either somehow missed it or I just don't believe its beneficial, or carries too much risk. Enjoy

Pet Macros

- Player attacks, Pet attacks player's target,pet defensive
#showtooltip
/petdefensive
/startattack
/petattack

- Cast Frost bolt, Pet attack player target (on harm), No harm cast Arcane Brilliance
#showtooltip Frostbolt
/cast [harm] Frostbolt; Arcane Brilliance
/stopmacro [nopet]
/stopmacro [@pettarget, exists]
/petattack

- Super Polymorph Macro -Lanceløt contribution
#showtooltip
/petpassive
/clearfocus [target=focus,dead][target=focus,noexists]
/focus [target=focus,noexists]
/cast [mod:shift, target=focus] Polymorph;
/cast [nomod:shift] Polymorph
/stopmacro [nogroup}
/p !! Sheeping “%T”

- Pet Freeze, just adds ! to any target area ability
#showtooltip freeze
/cast !Freeze

Miscellaneous Macros!

- Makes food while holding shift, consumes food if not
#showtooltip Conjured Mana Cake
/use [nomodifier:shift] Conjured Mana Cake
/cast [modifier:shift] Conjure Refreshment

- Uses Flying Mount if possible, if not uses ground mount. Holding shift uses slowfall
#showtooltip Blue Wind Rider
/cast [nomounted,nomod:shift,flyable] Blue Wind Rider
/cast [nomounted,nomod:shift] Purple Skeletal Warhorse
/stopmacro [nomounted,nomod:shift]
/dismount
/cast [modifier:shift] Slow Fall

- Target any of a list of players macro, was useful for tol barad dailies(lower down gives priority)
/target name1
/target Name2
/target Name3
and so on

- Flame Orb (using cool orb icon, since normal looks like garbage)
#showtooltip Flame Orb
/cast Flame Orb

- Rocket Belt (using rocket boot icon from drop-down choice)
#showtooltip
/use 6

Trinket, Damage, And Utility Macros

- Deep Freeze Focus
#showtooltip Deep Freeze
/cast [target=focus] Deep Freeze

- Deep Freeze harm, Arcane explosion vs no harm(stealth)
#showtooltip Deep Freeze
/cast [harm] Deep Freeze; Arcane Explosion
- Fire Blast vs harm, molten armor if not(fire spec)
#showtooltip Fire Blast
/cast [harm] Fire Blast; Molten Armor

- Fireblast vs harm, Mage armor if not(other spec)
#showtooltip Fire Blast
/cast [harm] Fire Blast; Mage Armor

- Fire blast Focus (impact)
#showtooltip Fire Blast
/cast [target=focus] Fire Blast

- Scorch vs harm, Arcane brilliance if no harm, cancel iceblock
#showtooltip Scorch
/cast [harm] Scorch; Arcane Brilliance
/cancelaura Ice block

- Ice barrier has priority over mana shield (will force second mana shield at times)
#showtooltip ice barrier
/castsequence reset=22 Ice Barrier, Mana Shield, Mana Shield
/cast Ice Barrier

- Ring of frost !
#showtooltip
/cast !Ring Of Frost

- Stopcasting->iceblock
#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast Ice Block

- Cancel iceblock, ice lance
#showtooltip Ice Lance
/cancelaura Ice block
/cast Ice Lance

- Spell steal, cancel aura
#showtooltip spellsteal
/cast Spellsteal
/cancelaura Hand of Sacrifice

- Damage Cooldowns (no time warp)
#showtooltip icy veins
/use Bloodthirsty Gladiator's Badge of Dominance
/use 10
/cast icy veins

- Damage Cooldowns (time warp)
#showtooltip Time Warp
/use 10
/cast Time Warp
/cast icy veins

- Damage Cooldowns, (Combustion)
#showtooltip Combustion
/use 10
/cast combustion

Other User Submitted macros

- Counterspell Focus (can't believe I forgot to add this) -Lanceløt
#showtooltip counterspell
/cast [target=focus] counterspell

- Spellsteal focus -Lanceløt
#showtooltip spellsteal
/cast [target=focus] spellsteal
User Submitted Macros

Some how I skipped over copying CS macros, glad you guys pointed that out.
- (belt/glove slot macro edits in above post) -Bake

- Stop Casting/Counterspell -Discast
/stopcasting
/cast Counterspell

- Cosmetic Random Polymorph -Antbriwes
#showtooltip Polymorph
/castrandom Polymorph, Polymorph(Pig), Polymorph(Rabbit), Polymorph(Turtle), Polymorph(Black Cat)

- Mount Anywhere (swim included) -Bake

/run if not IsMounted() then local g,f,s={2},{12},{1} local t=(GetCurrentMapAreaID()==(610 or 614 or 615) and IsSwimming()) and s or (IsFlyableArea() and not IsShiftKeyDown()) and f or g CallCompanion("MOUNT",t[random(#t)]) end
/dismount

g, f, and s stand for ground, flying, and swimming mouts. Simply replace the appropriate bracket with the # of the mounts (comma delimited) that you would like to randomly switch between in the g,f,s={2},{12},{1} part. Automatically uses a swim mount in vash, flying mount if possible, and ground mount otherwise.

- One button bandage. Will heal friendly player if targeted, otherwise it will heal you -bake
#showtooltip Dense Embersilk Bandage
/use [help] [target=player] Dense Embersilk Bandage
Reserved
#showtooltip counterspell
/cast [target=focus] counterspell

#showtooltip spellsteal
/cast [target=focus] spellsteal

#showtooltip polymorph
/clearfocus [target=focus,dead][target=focus,noexists]
/focus [target=focus,noexists]
/script SetRaidTarget(“focus”, 1)
/cast [target=focus] Polymorph
/stopmacro [nogroup}
/p !! Sheeping “%T”

I suggest

/stopcasting
/cast Counter Spell

works wonders for me especially since I pvp fire
You're the practiced mage so if you say so then it must be the case, but since you brought it up I did want to point out that ice veins/eng hands and pvp trinket are off the global cooldown whereas mirrors aren't, so I know when I'm getting what when I go to use that.

I also separate my time warp into another macro. I honestly have run out of keys to hit and this was my answer.
It really is ridiculous the number of binds one has to have to play to top level; I've got 50-odd binds and I still have to macro Lifeblood into my Battlemaster's Trinket.
all in one macro for pet nova is pretty trashy for world pvp. you end up summoning a pet when you don't need to.
the mount/slowfall macro doesn't seem to work for me, unless i actually mouseclick the macro key. otherwise, it will only slowfall if mounted and shift is not held down. thoughts?
/cast Ice Lance
/Profit
02/01/2011 12:45 PMPosted by Atimos
It lets you spam the button without the targetting reticule disappearing and reappearing.

*adds to all AoE macros*

OMG I wish I knew this sooner!
Well, a majority of my macros are either /stopcasting macros or things to just give me a more aesthetically pleasing icon. There is one however that I'd like to share. It's my random polymorph macro. It polymorphs your target just like normal but it chooses what they turn into randomly.

#showtooltip Polymorph
/castrandom Polymorph, Polymorph(Pig), Polymorph(Rabbit), Polymorph(Turtle), Polymorph(Black Cat)

This is, again, purely aesthetic. I like it though, I never know what my target will be until I finish casting! ^.^
02/01/2011 2:30 PMPosted by Tusktildawn
the mount/slowfall macro doesn't seem to work for me, unless i actually mouseclick the macro key. otherwise, it will only slowfall if mounted and shift is not held down. thoughts?

I know what you're talking about because I've had it like bug out when I first fnished and changed it, but took it off my bar, put it back on and it worked fine... Blizzzzaaarrdd!

A question though. Is the key you're using for the mount macro also somewhere bound with shift? If it is, the shift modifier won't work (and this goes for any shift mod macro too) because if you have shift-4 bound to something, and try using a macro on the key 4 while holding shift it's probably either going to use your shift-4 bind (if not, it'll do nothing)

Here's two versions of it and they both seem to work fine for me, though there is a bug if you don't have yourself, a raid member, or *nothing* selected as your target, you won't be able to slowfall. I have it on my H hotkey. Holding shift h uses slowfall, whereas h acts as "best" mount/dismount.

/cast [nomounted,nomod:shift,flyable] Blue Wind Rider
/cast [nomounted,nomod:shift] Purple Skeletal Warhorse
/dismount

/cast [nomounted,nomod:shift,flyable] Blue Wind Rider; [nomounted,nomod:shift,noflyable]Purple Skeletal Warhorse
/dismount
Took mirror image out of macro because of pro tips.
Here are some better engineering macros so you don't have to change it if you ever swap gear:

Rocket boots:

#showtooltip
/use 6

Gloves:

#showtooltip
/use 10

I like mouseover macros for impact and CS (replace Fire Blast with Counterspell for the latter):

#showtooltip Fire Blast
/stopcasting
/cast [@mouseover, exists] Fire Blast; Fire Blast

One button bandage. Will heal friendly player if targeted, otherwise it will heal you:

#showtooltip Dense Embersilk Bandage
/use [help] [target=player] Dense Embersilk Bandage

Edit:

How could I forget the greatest mount macro ever created?

/run if not IsMounted() then local g,f,s={2},{12},{1} local t=(GetCurrentMapAreaID()==(610 or 614 or 615) and IsSwimming()) and s or (IsFlyableArea() and not IsShiftKeyDown()) and f or g CallCompanion("MOUNT",t[random(#t)]) end
/dismount

g, f, and s stand for ground, flying, and swimming mouts. Simply replace the appropriate bracket with the # of the mounts (comma delimited) that you would like to randomly switch between in the g,f,s={2},{12},{1} part. Automatically uses a swim mount in vash, flying mount if possible, and ground mount otherwise.
Originally my SW:D macro on my priest. I fixed it a little bit for CS.

#showtooltip Counterspell
/cancelaura Ice Block
/stopcasting
/cast [target=focus,exist] Counterspell
/cast Counterspell

This macro will cs the focus target if there is one. If not, it will cs the current target.
Note: If the focus target is not in range or LoS'ed, you will cs your current target.
Useful no doubt, although there are many times when I may want to counterspell my target, and not my focus, which is too risky in just about every pvp situation imaginable.