PvP Mage Macros- Suggestions add your own.

Mage
Prev 1 5 6 7 10 Next
to clean up your bars start to use Shift modifier macros. Example:

#showtooltip [modifier: shift] frostfire bolt; frostbolt
/cast [modifier: shift] frostfire bolt; frostbolt

this will put 2 spells on one button and u only have to press shift to switch between them, and the tooltips will change too. My resto/balance druid and my frostmage both have quite a neat, uncluttered UI even though i use +20 abilities. i found this immensely helpful in pvp. RoF and Pet freeze on the same button, frostbolt and frostfire bolt for brain freeze procs, icelance and deep freeze. it may only save milliseconds but it all adds up to give u the edge in pvp.
#showtooltip Presence of Mind
/castsequence
/cast Presence of Mind
/cast Arcane Blast

I think it's "/castsequence" but the "/" may or may not need to be there. I would have to log onto to check sooooo.... no can do.
Got a little macro I've been using

#showtooltip
/cancelaura Ice Block
/cast [mod:shift,@focus,harm] Fire Blast; [mod:ctrl,@focus,harm] Polymorph; [@focus,harm] Counterspell

Only Fire Blast when Impact Proc's, I bind this to my Mouse Button #5. Normal Poly, FB and CS are bound to their own keys. If you're not spec'd into Impact, you can use Deep Freeze in place (which I have a separate macro for.)
My favorite macros I use for PvP and PvE (these are redundant considering how many macros have been put up here) are:

/focus

#showtooltip Polymorph
/cast [mod:shift, target=focus] Polymorph; Polymorph

#showtooltip Deep Freeze
/cast [mod:shift, target=focus] Deep Freeze; Deep Freeze

#showtooltip Fire Blast
/cast [mod:shift, target=focus] Fire Blast; Fire Blast

#showtooltip Icy Veins
/castsequence
/cast Icy Veins
/use Ruthless Gladiator's Badge of Dominance

#showtooltip Counterspell
/castsequence
/stopcasting
/cast [mod:shift, target=focus] Counterspell; Counterspell

#showtooltip Summon Water Elemental
/cast [nopet] Summon Water Elemental
/stopmacro [nopet]
/click PetActionButton 5
/petattack

#showtooltip Living Bomb
/cast [mod:shift, target=focus] Living Bomb; Living Bomb

/cast Lifeblood8(herbalism)
/cast pyroblast
I recently returned to WoW after about a year off and a surgery. I use a mount macro similar to what Bake submitted but it also included combat and indoor conditionals to use blink. It worked perfectly during Wrath, but now it uses blink regardless of any conditionals I use to try to clamp it.

For example, my original method was something like this:

/run if IsMounted() then Dismount() return end local m if not IsFlyableArea() or IsSwimming() then m=(6) else m=(2) CallCompanion("MOUNT",m) end
/cast [combat] blink; [indoors] blink

Problem is that if I'm mounted, it will use blink. So I tried /cast [nomounted] blink, but the problem still persists. I know I'm overlooking something, but I just can't seem to see it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
/stopcasting
/cast [mod:shift,target=focus] Counterspell
/cast Counterspell

usable macro for focus CS or targetted cs, very usable in arena.
Can't seem to get this macro to work, have tried two variations and no luck, any help would be great!

#showtooltip Polymorph
/cast [nomodifier, target=arena1] Polymorph
/cast [modifier:shift,target=arena1] Counterspell

or

#showtooltip Polymorph
/cast [target=arena2] [nomodifier] Polymorph
/cast [target=arena2] [modifier:shift] Counterspell

The Poly part of the macro works but the modifier for CS doesn't. Not a huge fan of focus targets and found that just targeting them like this works better for me.
Thanks for any input.
I really wish that blizzard whould implement a macro system like Rift has, so that guys like me who like playing video games but arent good at programming can still make our own.
I'm wondering if there's a macro that shows the green aoe of pet freeze while mounted then you can use it while dismounting... kinda like a shadowfury thing.
lol
#showtooltip Summon Water Elemental
/cast [nopet] Summon Water Elemental
/click PetActionButton4
#showtooltip Frostbolt
/cancelaura Ice Block
/cast Frostbolt

Great way to have a keybind to cancel Iceblock, on an easy to access key, that has no drawbacks that I've ever experienced. Because its a casted spell, you can press that and jump/move to cancel the block w/o casting the Frostbolt.
Mine used to before the patch. since then either it's broken or doesn't work at all.
Mine used to before the patch. since then either it's broken or doesn't work at all. However i have been told you cannot use 2 instacasts in the same macro.

I use

#showtooltip
/cast Deep Freeze
/cast Icy Veins
/use 13

for my pet I am using

#showtooltip
/cast Frostbolt
/petattack

(however I would like pet to stop attacking when I poly my target), anyone body know?
If I may suggest

#showtooltip
/cast Frostbolt (or/and icelance)
/cast waterbolt (instead of petattack)

that way your pet doesn't auto-attack your targets whenever you don't want it to but simply casts waterbolt whenever you lance or frostbolt

One fire PvP macro I use (in a build which as of this post I am not using, but I have found very useful) with 2/2 Improved Cone of Cold and 2/2 Shatter:

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=11 Cone of Cold, Pyroblast

Hit it twice with a hot streak proc and your target in front of you for an almost guaranteed Pyroblast crit and a juicy ignite for your Combustion.
for fast u interupted sheeping vs casters
/cast counterspell
/cast polymorph

for fire I also macroed this on when pyro crits and optimal to have an impact proc
/cast spell power trinket
/cast counterspell
/cast combusion
/cast time warp
/use mana gem