Looking for Dungeon Queues...

General Discussion
Prev 1 58 59 60
But you know what the biggest problem is? Its gear. Specifically what a person is wearing when they walk in.
Have an under geared tank? Don't bother.
Have an under geared healer? Don't bother.
Have an under geared dps? Thats fine. <--- huge source of the problem right here!!!

I see it all the time. Tank dies to a trash pull, well must be a %#@@ty tank. Healer runs out of gas in a boss fight, must be a %#@@ty healer. DPS pulling 4k in a Cata heroic? No one says a damn word about it because even though they're under performing, you still make it through, usually at the expensive of the tank and healer having to over-compensate for the under-performer's suck. Fact is there's plenty of %#@@ty dps too but the way the game is made, they get away with it. If dps wasn't the easy slot it wouldn't be over filled.

I agree with this 100%, but I don't think it rests entirely upon gear. I would say that basic knowledge and skills has as much of an impact than gear.
What Blizzard needs to do is make the next 'hero' class a complete tank. Not of the DK fail design. I'm talking about a new class that has 3 different tanking trees. Yes, a lot of kids wouldn't like this... But it's still better than not having a new class at all. Many players would want to roll the new class just because it's new. I'm not sure how you could make 3 different talent trees that are all tanking specs (maybe one for single target, one for aoe, and one for pvp?), but if it could be done it might help the problem. Doing this only for tanks may not fix the problem though, I really don't know. Maybe it needs to be done for the tank and healer roles, to fix this unbalance of players...
rofl, there is absolutely nothing Blizz can do about it, except possibly make it so mages can tank? /shiver

I look at it, and i'm incredibly smart, have an IQ of 140+, and i've sat down and tried to think of anything they can do that will fix the "problem". I don't see it.

Few people want to play tanks/healz, nothing blizz can do about it.

I for one think the problem is in your perspective. If all you want to do is run randoms, tank or heal. If you dps, you can make quite a bit of money by doing dailies, trolling the AH, and omfgnoway, helping a new player, maybe even talk to your guildies. O= Any of this can be done in what is now the relatively short compared to before queue time.

If you try to combine battlegroups for more tanks, you are also doubling the dps, healz, as well as said tanks, leaving you with a bigger version of the "problem".

If your manufacturing company brain knows something that the rest of us don't, please share.

Edit: i'm somewhat tired and reread it, and noticed that my grammar failed. Specifically in the run-on sentences department. D=

p.s.- please note i'm not boasting about how i'm smarter than all of you, if you knew me, you'd like me, i'm smart, but i won't rub it in your face.

If you used that mighty IQ of yours you'd take note of the fact that pre-cataclysm queue times were much shorter for DPS.

After Cataclysm released that changed.

So you're saying the playerbase changed that much? Let's think for oh say, 1 microsecond. What is more likely to be the cause of a change of queue times in so short a period.

1. Something about the game changed which is something that Blizzard can in fact do something about since the change in the game resulted in a drastic change in queue times.

or
2. Due to some incredible coincidence the makeup of the playerbase changed almost overnight increasing queue times.

Scenario 1 is not only far more likely, it is basically an observable if not quite airtight proveable fact.

Basically Cataclysm (made and totally controlled by Blizzard) induced the change in queue times and it logically follows that whatever the root cause lies in that change which is again totally in Blizzard's control.

In short, don't point fingers at the players when the queue times changed not due to the players but because of changes to the game itself.

I took note of the fact that tanking and healing was faceroll for most of wrath, more people did it cuz it was easy, now that thing's are EXACTLY as they should be, people stopped.

once we get through the first tier of raiding, we'll all outgear heroics and they'll be faceroll once more and people will start tanking and healing again. It takes a certain kind of person to fill those roles, most people are not those people, and there is absolutely nothing blizz can do about it. If they lowered the difficulty on heroics now, then come T12-13, people would stroll in and solo them. If you have been playing since wrath launch or further back, you would understand that this is exactly how it was then, until everyone out geared them and we downed heroics in 13 minutes flat.
They really should look into the Dungeon Que engine...in the last week i have been in 5 or 6 dungeons were a Unholy Dk ques as a tank because he wants faster que times. Some were even wearing intellect gear...facepalm. Then your stuck with someone who "thinks" they are a tank, and you can't kick them cause it takes 15 mins before they come off of cooldown. You shouldn't be able to que as a tank if you don't have points in a viable tank spec, blood dk, prot, feral etc........it gets so old having to explain to some idiot that just because they can click tank on the dungeon finder and don't have any pts in a tank spec, that they cant do a good job without the proper spec and gear. This isn't WotLK anymore, you cant be a tank in unholy, frost, or ret and get by with it anymore. My 2 cents..
I cant wait 40 minutes and then another 1-2 hours to play the Quest. it is crazy. i have a life. I am thinking about stoping my accounts as i dont play much anymore, becasue of this.
They really should look into the Dungeon Que engine...in the last week i have been in 5 or 6 dungeons were a Unholy Dk ques as a tank because he wants faster que times. Some were even wearing intellect gear...facepalm. Then your stuck with someone who "thinks" they are a tank, and you can't kick them cause it takes 15 mins before they come off of cooldown. You shouldn't be able to que as a tank if you don't have points in a viable tank spec, blood dk, prot, feral etc.....
^^ This....

Smart check would be needed.. Check for active spec, and please also check for minimum stats, not just iLevel.

In an overall I believe that the queue problem has multiple reasons. One of them is sure also
a shift in the society itself. The players community is a lot different from what it once was.
The people behave different, towards the negative.
There's a shortage on tanks... But I believe, that's only the case for the LFD system.
I know tons of tanks that don't bother to queue up at all via LFD.
Some don't because of how impolite the player base became... And on the flipside..
Mercenary tanks... Why using LFD if they can make a killing amount of gold by selling
the fast queue spot by spot... I see tanks asking up to 150g a spot for heroics...
Now who's to blame for that? The tank guys questionable morals, or the people that actually really go for it? I guess, both...
And I am sure there are more reasons...