Use trinket macros

UI and Macro
I am having some difficulty with a macro that I created to activate a use trinket before casting a spell. The use trinket has a cooldown, and I don't want to use it if it is on cooldown, but I still want to cast the spell regardless. I can't seem to find a modifier that prevents the use if on cooldown. Here is my current macro (for a resto druid) - the trinket is in slot 14:

#showtooltip Lifebloom
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/use [combat] 14
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/cast Lifebloom

Basically this macro ignores whether the trinket is on cooldown. Rather it tries to use it whether on cooldown or not, and then turns off any error messages or error sounds. Seems like a bit of a hack.

The trouble I am having is that I notice that sometimes, infrequently, the Lifebloom is not cast, and I have to hit the button again. I was thinking it was maybe a result of the complexity of the macro and/or the enabling and disabling of the error message causing lag.

Having the spell sometimes not cast is a bit disconcerting. So my two questions are: 1. is there a better way to macro the use trinket with a cooldown, and 2. are macros meant for spells that are cast very frequently?