Reporting suicide saves lives

Customer Support
On the morning of February 5th, I received very troubling whispers from a guildy. He was deeply depressed and contemplating suicide. After a quick talk he quickly logged off and I feared the worst. I made a ticket right away to inform Blizzard and they were able to send law enforcement to his house and prevent a terrible tragedy. I would just like to thank Blizzard for their swift response to this serious matter that really made a difference in his life. If someone you know shows any sign of suicide in game or real life waste no time reporting it every second counts.
Probably not the time and place for a discussion like this. But you already knew that, didn't you?
As much as I screw around in this game(read-loaded with sarcasm), that is one thing I'm more so careful with. Its good to know blizzard is tight regarding that issue, shame it cant be the same way with some of the harassment issues they seem to miss altogether.

Well...Death is more important.
I don't know if this is real or not, but kudos to everyone who does these things. You helped save a life. You guys are good people and I hope whoever tried to commit suicide gets the proper treatment and gets better.
10/10 would read again.
I think I understand the petion system why it takes so long. Is because bliz looks for threats or attempted suicide I had a friend who tried and succeed in killing him self I could have saved him but I didn't know how
If tickets were answered within minutes or even a couple hours, I might have believed this story.

But GM tickets take several hours, and sometimes days to get answered.

my life is so much better having read this.
There might be a guy who sorts tickets and puts the threat ones in one pile and the gameplay ones in another and the threat ones get looked at asap.
And yet threats are awnsersd pretty quick huh
02/05/2011 11:29 PMPosted by Farora
There might be a guy who sorts tickets and puts the threat ones in one pile and the gameplay ones in another and the threat ones get looked at asap.
There are certain teams assigned to look at one type of ticket and that only. Threats of this nature, and stuck tickets, for example.
You should have soulstoned him. >.>
If tickets were answered within minutes or even a couple hours, I might have believed this story.

But GM tickets take several hours, and sometimes days to get answered.

They sort tickets by subject, like opening a ticket about a stuck character is usually answered in minutes for instance.

Just because they don't answer a QQ ticket in seconds doesn't meant they aren't watching.

OP: If this is real, and I sadly say that due to the state of this community and these forums, then kudos to you.

You saved a life.
Oh god this thread is about to get political isnt it?