Reporting suicide saves lives

Customer Support
Post Limit:
You've done a wonderful thing today, OP. I wholeheartedly commend you and the Blizzard staff for taking such issues seriously.

Suicide is pretty much the most selfish act a person can commit. Generally, I don't feel they deserve to live.

It is selfish, but in that moment, the person may believe they would be doing the world a favor by leaving it, depending on the circumstances that lead them to such a drastic decision. It's something I deal with on a daily basis.

You may think I don't deserve to live, but it would be an insult to my doctors, therapist, service coordinator, and family who for some reason disagree with you for me to actually kick the bucket. So I keep on truckin' despite the more negative impulses (passive suicidal ideation, yay?).

I know I'm lucky to have such a strong support network; most people in situations like that have little or no support and knowing someone even if just a "video game friend" would take time out to help one of the less fortunate, I have to tip my.. er.. helm? to them.
That's why I used the qualifier "generally." I'm not going to get political, but I bet Farora is right.
If tickets were answered within minutes or even a couple hours, I might have believed this story.

But GM tickets take several hours, and sometimes days to get answered.

Wrong.
They've been replying to tickets pretty quickly.

Maybe they just don't like you :)
So you judge everyone who commits suicide as selfish and therefore they don't deserve to live?

You're an a-s-s-h-o-l-e.

Hey, that's not fair. He said "generally" he doesn't feel they deserve to live, which means sometimes there are exceptions. Therefore our friend Johnnyd is only "generally" an a-s-s-h-o-l-e. Every once in awhile I'm sure he's fine.

Ok, now that I got that out of my system, I'll add some something serious - instead of judging others (even if it's just "generally") and just writing them off as worthless, how about you learn more about the topic, thereby increasing your knowledge and quite possibly your level of empathy for other human beings.

Oh wait, I forgot - this is the internet. And I'm posting in a thread that's destined to be deleted in the very near future.

Nevermind.
Good job OP! This is a serious matter and im glad you saved a life
Great job, this is quite the serious matter.
That's so wonderful. Blizzard really is a great company.
Someone from one of my old guilds was whispering me telling me how sad she was and how she was going to kill herself. I have no patience with attention starved, issue filled females so I replied with 'lol'. She's still alive, still starved for attention and still full of issues.

People who are likely to kill themselves generally dont tell people because people try to stop them.
02/06/2011 5:11 AMPosted by Linketh
People who are likely to kill themselves generally dont tell people because people try to stop them.

Yep, mostly cries for help. It's when they stop the QQ that you should worry.
What's up with people wanting to be suicidal lately? Or have people always been this suicidal?