What is BOA armor?

General Discussion
What is boa armor, how do i get it, and whats so special about it, and does it bind to my account?
http://www.wowpedia.org/Heirloom
well i heard some about boa armor regarding acheievements and it dosent saying anything about that on that site :/
Bind on Account gear, primarily obtained from justice point or honor vendors depending on what you plan on using them for. They can be used on any character from 1-80, and will level up their stats as your character levels.

Can be reused as many times as you want and on as many characters, but only on one server at a time. Can't trade over servers, but you can transfer to a server with heirlooms on and use them there. Some of them give bonus experience to speed up leveling.

In the case of hunter heirlooms, since hunters can only wear leather at first, they will become leather until you have the ability to wear mail. The same goes to other classes with upgraded armor types at a certain point.
"BoA" armor does bind to your account, that's what BoA stands for. You can even send them between Alliance/Horde characters on your account (on the same server).

Most of the pieces you get with Justice Points, which you get for running dungeons at level 85. Most of them are sold in Dalaran; I don't think there's a vendor for them in Org/SW. There's also some BoA capes you can have available for gold if your Guild is level 10 and you're at least honored. There's BoA helms at Guild Level 20.

BoA stuff is special because it binds to your account, gives a bonus to experience gain, and it scales with the character wearing it. So, for example, I recently bought Inherited Cape of the Black Baron (http://www.wowhead.com/item=62039), and I can send it to my level 64 shaman and it'll have level 64 stats, or to my level 3 druid and it will have level 3 stats.
so for exmaple that skull staff with greenish balls floating around is a boa item?
so for exmaple that skull staff with greenish balls floating around is a boa item?

yes, yes it is.

Dignified Headmaster's Charge
Does the experience boost on the armor stack when you have more than 1 piece of BoA armor on?
03/11/2011 7:06 PMPosted by Winfors
Does the experience boost on the armor stack when you have more than 1 piece of BoA armor on?

Yup
a legitamiate question with legitimate answers and not one person trolling him? on these forums? /rubs eyes in disbelief
ok so i have some boa on my dk, everytime i do a quest it gives me the regular amount of XP a normal geared character would have without boa, is that how it is susposed to be? I thought it would give you 10 percent more Xp for everything. huh.......... sigh :(
The exp gain listed in a quest in your log already takes BoA and other exp modifiers into consideration. If you look at what a quest says it will give, then take your BoA gear off (pieces with exp modifiers) and look at the same quest again the amount of exp listed will be different.
inb4 armor made from snake skin.
03/11/2011 07:15 PMPosted by Darthbone
a legitamiate question with legitimate answers and not one person trolling him? on these forums? /rubs eyes in disbelief
Boa armor is empowered constricting snake armor that squeezes more experience out of monsters and quests that you can send to other characters on your account even after one of your other characters wears it.

You can get them from your guild for gold, or from JP from the JP Heirloom Vendor of your faction.
What I dont understand is if BOA means Bind ON ACCOUNT, why can't I transfer those items across servers? I wanted to play with a friend of mine from another server and he said that I could start a fresh toon in his server but without heirlooms it takes forever, I know guild give you exp. bonus now but honestly it does not compare to heirlooms, I guess there should be an option to send those items to one of you other characters in other servers since it would still be on the same account, if this is not possible then the BOA is not a BOA but a BIND ON SERVER item.
04/05/2011 08:19 AMPosted by Razielium
What I dont understand is if BOA means Bind ON ACCOUNT, why can't I transfer those items across servers?

I will explain..

Lets start with a universal truth. All loot is bound to your server. Aside from a transfer, there is no way to move items off your server. So lets not waste time labeling every peice of gear that.

The word "account" is a limiter just like "pick-up" or "use" is a limiter.

BOEs further restrict item movement by not allowing them to be moved once they are equipped.
BOPs further restrict item movement by not allowing them to be moved once the are picked up.
BOAs further restrict movement by not allowing them to be moved off your account.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

OP: You can also start getting BoAs buy doing the Argent Tournament daily quests in Icecrown. You earn Champion Seals that, once you earn rep, can buy the BoAs, mounts, pets and a few other "toys". The dailies are real easy, especially after you get past level 80. When you hit 85, they also give between 13-24 gold each.
so say if i want BoA armor for my druid and or any other class. am i able to purchase them over Battle.net? or am i wasting my time trying to find out?
the crusader axe is also a BoA item and u earn the points by doing pvp