White War Talbuk

General Discussion
Prev 1 16 17 18 24 Next
02/09/2011 10:08 PMPosted by Sheara
Wow 15 pages of QQ over a minor mount issue? don't you guys have something better to do. They said they will fix it so drop the freaking issue and let them do there jobs. As for bugs I would like to see any of you guys manage a multibillion $ franchise with more players to support then most other MMOs combind, blizzard does a good job to addressing bugs, sometimes weird things just happen and really shouldn't be threatening to quit etc etc over the color of a mount obviously someone didn't enjoy the game to begin with.. How about just moving on instead of blaming people.

You asked why the QQ about this mount...most of us brought this mount for the way it looked. We liked the color scheme on it why we spent the hours ..weeks farming up rep to earn this mount as it looked to us not some bland looking same model of the other ones.

this is ridiculous, the mount was perfect before and had high aesthetics, now it just looks plain and boring. CHANGE IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You asked why the QQ about this mount...most of us brought this mount for the way it looked. We liked the color scheme on it why we spent the hours ..weeks farming up rep to earn this mount as it looked to us not some bland looking same model of the other ones.

It's probably more about the intensity of the response. People declaring the game is broken, DEMANDING changes, threatening to quit... all because your mount's feet aren't blue?

I grinded the rep too, mostly to work toward [Mountain o' Mounts], but let's be serious, it took roughly two days of concerted effort. I think if someone simply asked why it was changed and requested reverting it back, rather than flying off the handle and lashing out over a minor graphical change, this wouldn't seem so much like QQ.
they are changing it back, by the sounds of things, the script was changed while they were trying to fix the texture of the horns, causing in an accidental change of colour and texture.
a blue came in and posted a few pages back, so don't worry! =)
Maybe you should check with your EU brethren and get your stories straight.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1694850100#5

So one of you is wrong. Which one?

I love that thread "Please continue to discuss this issue with fellow people on the general forums"

Then he locks the thread xD
02/10/2011 5:26 AMPosted by Ericdravn
I grinded the rep too, mostly to work toward [Mountain o' Mounts], but let's be serious, it took roughly two days of concerted effort.

It took a lot longer in BC. I'm sure that few people camp those mobs now, but everyone wanted talbuks and the poor ogres were constantly exterminated.

While I'm not a fan of flipping out over minor things like that, people do get attached to things and I'm glad that someone pointed it out so it could get changed back. It's not game-breaking, but some things have sentimental value and it's nice to not see them broken for no good reason.
It took a lot longer in BC. I'm sure that few people camp those mobs now, but everyone wanted talbuks and the poor ogres were constantly exterminated.

While I'm not a fan of flipping out over minor things like that, people do get attached to things and I'm glad that someone pointed it out so it could get changed back. It's not game-breaking, but some things have sentimental value and it's nice to not see them broken for no good reason.

I agree, I've had similar experiences. I made a goal for myself to get 6000 achievement points before Cata hit and got it, but when I logged in after the patch, I had 5970 points because some where converted to Feats of Strength. And I'm a warrior, barely a patch goes by where my class doesn't get some kind of mobility/offense nerf.

But first off, this is the General forum, if the OP wants to post a bug, there's a Bug Report forum. Secondly, if *this* was the straw that broke the camel's (or talbuk's) back and drove him to quit, then he was probably going to cancel his account anyway in a few days when he finds something else he didn't like.

Chances are, he's not quitting.

Just simply point out the problem, recommend the solution, and see what happens. I can't figure out why forums suddenly turn everyone in to self-righteous nerdragers (for the record I'm not calling you that).
02/09/2011 11:40 PMPosted by Dictation
lol, a DK is trying to convince us he's been playing since BC

not sure if you're talking about me but i've been playing since vanilla. My main is an 85 hunter.

and why does everyone assume only guys play WoW??

Ikr. Girls are allowed to Play as well. >_>

Off thread topic but related to the quote: I'm getting tired of guys DROOL HOW OLD ARE YOU WANNA HAVE CAM SEX WITH ME!!!!11!!!!1 when they find out I'm a girl. C'mon. Grow up.
Explanation: Deathwing decided he didn't like the horns of the White War talbuk so he spat soot and gunk over them. The crazy folks at Blizzard are working with the Kurenai to produce a new kind of horn-polish that will bring back that beloved indigo luster.

02/10/2011 4:24 AMPosted by Mohana
Sorry for all of you that are upset, but that talbuk was just too common anyway. The Dark War talbuk is my fav ground mount. Always liked it better than the white and there aren't dozens of them running around.

I'm fond of the Cobalt myself. It has all the cool blue fur patterns.
Woah there! Hold your horses (or talbuks, as the case may be).

While not exactly a bug (the opposite, actually), this change to the White War Talbuk wasn't intentional. The current plan is to revert the White War Talbuk to its original, shiny blue hoof and horned state at the earliest opportunity.

Woohoo! Thanks for letting us know!

I'm fond of the Cobalt myself. It has all the cool blue fur patterns.

Same, I use Cobalt as my main ground mount. Love it! Whoever originally designed these did a wonderful job.
Daxxarri, was the change to withers unintentional too?
Teldrassil sproutling?

They both had different models, and I believe now share the same model, both different than before.

The issue where all treant models share the same texture (including Withers and the Teldrassil Sproutling) is something we're aware of and we're hoping to resolve soon.
Speaking of mount bugs, the camera on Nether Rays still isn't fixed. I can't even see the mount when I'm riding it in the air- it's completely off screen.
02/08/2011 6:57 PMPosted by Bonedust
Can someone please explain why my White War talbuk lost his blue horns and feet, this was my favorite mount and now it looks stupid. They mess with my favorite clases, screw with the mounts that have been that way since BC. Seriously I would like to know who is calling the shots now, Cata has been full of dissapointments and let down. Im quitting this game because i know the cool people who managed the game in bc are long gone.

Dear God,

Same me the time of reading this drivel and just say "if you don't bend to my will i'm keeping my $180 a year.
Well it's good to hear that the White Talbuk will be fixed. That was my favorite of the ground mounts.

Now, could we get word on when I won't be half-ways inside my drake when I ride them (which ironically began with this patch too)

Or when the Stone-Drakes will have that extra leftover skin hanging off their wings removed?
While we're at it, can we get Lil' Ragnaros to stop his mini-roar/grunt thing from endlessly looping?
World of Warcraft: Bugaclysm :D