White War Talbuk

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 24 Next
now if only we could RIDE the new cata drakes instead of being carried in their claws like their meal.

and being drug through the ground when they're walking
02/10/2011 6:34 PMPosted by Daxxarri
As it happens, you'll get to enjoy the new textures for a bit longer. Since this issue isn't something that can be hotfixed, we currently expect the talbuk to return to its former state with a future patch.

How much longer is longer? Been waiting for you guys to fix the Draenei moustache bug for over 2 years now.
Woah there! Hold your horses (or talbuks, as the case may be).

While not exactly a bug (the opposite, actually), this change to the White War Talbuk wasn't intentional. The current plan is to revert the White War Talbuk to its original, shiny blue hoof and horned state at the earliest opportunity.

stop trolling us
I never noticed the change. I rarely use ground mounts anymore and with my random mount addon, the WWT doesn't come up that often. To be honest though I kinda like the grey horns and hooves better.
CHANGE IT BACK!!!! THAT WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOUNTS BECAUSE OF THE COLOR! CHANGE IT BACK!
Aww, now it just looks bland.
This morning there was a minor patch or something...it better be my blue-hoofed, blue-horned talbuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:O
Same with the Teldrassil Sproutling, its no longer blue and now looks like a druid in tree form... lame

The thing is, large amounts of mount skins seem to be updated frequently in patches, in minor ways. I presume they have to, to keep up to date with handling various new features of the game or player appearances without the mounts looking buggy. The WWT texture fix probably arose innocently as part of one of those.

Yes, I am sure those hooves color was really messing with worgens on talbuks or some such thing. This was a random and obviously unnecessary change, as evidenced by the fact that hey are changing it back.

Secondly, not all developers are able to work on all things. They have their areas of responsibility and it's not like an art team member could just be reassigned to fix a more important hunter bug, for example. But if you enjoy feeding your bitterness and rage with the scenario you've constructed, I doubt you'll consider any alternatives.

Condescend much? But thanks for stating the obvious. Meanwhile, that art dept could be better served fixing actual issues, like the way some mounts do not fit some races, or perhaps taking some lessons in how to not make the new "art" features look chintzy, like the new fishing hook, or the sketchy and amateurish little "W" that pops up next to realid friends now. Or, here's a good one, *gasp*! - they could be designing new armor skins so that we don't all look like we're wearing hte same cape and 1 of 3 helmets. But instead, they are going back and redoing things that were not only not broken, but were beloved by many.

Thanks for trying to paint me as uselessly bitter and clueless, but you fail.

Actually, with that change ALL beetle skins in the database are now available and tameable. There's no skin that the Temple Scarab had that isn't available to you somewhere.

Golly, for reals? Now find me one that has them ALL IN ONE. That was the point of taming and training a colorchanger. THey could have at the very least chosen a colorful model to replace the most vibrant pet ingame, but instead we got TAN.

It is obvious from your post that you either don't get it, or you are a Blizz apologist grasping to defend undefensible behavior.
now if only we could RIDE the new cata drakes instead of being carried in their claws like their meal.

and being drug through the ground when they're walking

That has been fixed as of this past Tuesdays patch...riders now with me ride on my back not under me in my claws..only to get dragged though a river or sand lol.
I'd always wondered why the White Riding Talbuk had silver horns and hooves while the war one had purple...
Please don't make my Raven Lord pink.
02/11/2011 5:17 AMPosted by Razortusk
I never noticed the change. I rarely use ground mounts anymore and with my random mount addon, the WWT doesn't come up that often. To be honest though I kinda like the grey horns and hooves better.

Same, though I have not yet owned my own Talbuk. I think it being called a 'white' talbuk, it is more appropriately matched with its new look. But that's me.
Since we're on the subject of Talbuks and "bugs" is the rodeo riding animation an intended change? I've been trying to find an answer sense 4.0.3 ptrs when it first manifested itself.

I miss my smoothed ridingTalbuk =(
And your the one playing a night elf female, the most over used race in the game, and you're most likely a guy as well.
Are nether drakes, and the Wrath (bronze, blue, black, and red) drakes bugged too, or are the changes to those drakes intentional?

They now have a cloth under the saddle that looks kinda buggy when you move or move your camera around. The wings also arc differently while idle and I think look slightly different while flying too. Maybe it's not a bug, but I think it looks different.
Are nether drakes, and the Wrath (bronze, blue, black, and red) drakes bugged too, or are the changes to those drakes intentional?

They now have a cloth under the saddle that looks kinda buggy when you move or move your camera around. The wings also arc differently while idle and I think look slightly different while flying too. Maybe it's not a bug, but I think it looks different.

I've never noticed that. Whoa.