Which professions should my rogue have?

Rogue
At the moment my rogue has mining/eng which are both at 300. This guy is my main and has eng/mining at max level. I have every profession spread out through my alts and mining on a few others. Should I just throw herbalism or skinning coupled with mining and call it a good day?
I fully endorse herbalism. not to mention, have you been to uldum since the patch? the whiptail nodes are SERIOUSLY broken as #!@*.
Dump mining for lw and get the best agi buff in the game.
Engie/LW. Nuff said. non-heroic BIS helm, beast tinkers, and schweet agi buffs.
Leatherworking is a flat +80 agility increase at 85 now with 4.0.6, putting it in line with practically all our possible profession choices at max level. Engineering was also buffed to supply +80 agility on average with frequent use of synapse springs (and the helm gives it a significant edge now before raids).

Right now there isn't a "right" set of professions to have on an 85 rogue, as long as you don't have the "wrong" ones (aka: herbalism, skinning, and mining are all very weak or worthless in PvE). Although if we're not talking about an 85, I don't think it really matters much.
A list of the extra agility each profession gives, categorized by highest average agility gain:

Static gains
Jewelcrafting: +81 agility (3x Delicate Inferno Ruby for +40 agi apice vs 3x JC gems for +67 agi apiece = +81)
Leatherworking: +80 agility (Enchant Bracer: Agility for +50 agility vs Draconic Embossment - Agility for +130 agi = +80)
Alchemy: +80 agility (Mixology = +80)
Blacksmithing: +80 agility (extra bracer & glove socket with 2x Delicate Inferno Ruby = +80)
Inscription: +80 agility (Greater Inscription of the Shattered Crystal for +50 agility vs Swiftsteel Inscription for +130 agility = +80)

Proc gains
Tailoring: ~+250 AP (Swordguard Embroidery for +1000 AP for 15 sec on a 1 min ICD = [(15/60)*1000] = +250 if it procs immediately after coming off the ICD)
Engineering: ~+80 agi (Synapse Springs for +480 agi for 10 seconds with a 60 sec CD = [(10/60)*480] = +80 if used on CD)

So, to answer your question, it looks like a combination of JC and any of LW, Alchemy, BS, or Inscription will give you the most average agility gain.

Edit: Proc formulas were wrong. I had just woken up; I guess I'm not a morning math person. lol
^ I don't understand your engineering formula. Seems like it should simply be (10/60)*480=80

Your post is the first I've seen of such a formula or mention of only 75 avg agility for engineering.
Dont have formulas for ya but i love having JC and enchanting ring enchants are sexy enough along with the jc only gems gives a good boost. And on the plus side you really never have to visit the auction house saves gold and gives ya the good bonuses
I probably should have added that this isn't a toon I'll be raiding with. There might be some PvP but that's about it.

If I do anything it will be alchemy but while leveling from 50 to 85 it's going to be mining/herbalism. Thanks everyone.

Proc gains
Tailoring: ~+54 AP (Swordguard Embroidery for +1000 AP for 15 sec on a 1 min ICD = [(60/(1000/15))*60] = +54 if it procs immediately after coming off the ICD)
Engineering: ~+75 agi (Synapse Springs for +480 agi for 10 seconds with a 60 sec CD = [(60/(480/10))*60] = +75 if used on CD)

?
These formulas are horrible

Proc gains
Tailoring: ~+54 AP (Swordguard Embroidery for +1000 AP for 15 sec on a 1 min ICD = [(60/(1000/15))*60] = +54 if it procs immediately after coming off the ICD)
Engineering: ~+75 agi (Synapse Springs for +480 agi for 10 seconds with a 60 sec CD = [(60/(480/10))*60] = +75 if used on CD)

?

My head hurts...

?

My head hurts...

Tailoring gives roughly a tad more than 80 agi if you're using weak cloak enchants, less than 80 if you're using 65 crit.

Engi gives exactly 80 agi if you use it on cd.

Whatever this guy posted doesn't even make sense logically. The formula to find out how much average a proc gives is Uptime * proc value.

Uptime for tailoring is roughly 26% w/ 55s icd, 15% proc chance, giving its avg EP worth ~260, subtract whatever EP your cloak is worth, divide by agi EP, and that should be your average agility's worth.

Uptime for engi if used on cd is 1/6. 1/6 * 480 is 80 exactly.
Engi can shock people back to life. All the crafting professions are roughly equal in stats. Therefore the clear answer is engi + whatever crafting prof you want.
I'd go Engineering and either Leather working or JC. I think the ability to make gadgets/mounts/helms and what not makes eng a pretty fun profession if you can afford it.
Yeah, yeah, I changed the formulas to what they're actually supposed to be. I had just woken up and was overthinking it in my tiredness.
OT: I'm JC/Alchemy. JC gives 81 agi (more than the rest of them, so it's superior even if it's only by 1 agi), and Mixology for Alchemy is awesome. You spend less gold on your own flasks, and taking a specialization (whether it's potion, elixir, or transmute spec) can save you time, gold, and mats. Also, there will ALWAYS be a constant demand for flasks and potions, so Alchemy is an awesome gold making profession.