Cata gear in 75-79 bracket

Battlegrounds
level 78 players with 40-50k health that crit for 150% of a player in normal gear's health.

I'mma be leveled out in a day but plz fix this ASAP. Makes it impossible to pvp at this level for new or casual players.
spend 200g at the auction house, problem solved.
Why? This really is no different then 58 level players in Burning crusade gear, 68 level players in Wrath of the Lich King gear and so on.

Once the next round of expansion hits and the level cap increased again, the 75-79 bracket will become a twink xp off bracket eventually where every 78+ will need to have Cataclysm greens to compete.
Why? This really is no different then 58 level players in Burning crusade gear, 68 level players in Wrath of the Lich King gear and so on.

Once the next round of expansion hits and the level cap increased again, the 75-79 bracket will become a twink xp off bracket eventually where every 78+ will need to have Cataclysm greens to compete.

actually its much worse than those brackets. if you are not 77+ with cata greens, you are gonna get blown up instantly.

but like i said, the greens are cheap on the AH, so its really nothing to complain about.
100-500 gold per piece is gonna run you 1.5-6k to outfit your toon in gear that will last for 3 levels. It's like Heirloom gear in lower brackets Times ten. And the difference between the previous expansions gear was twice as powerful... wrath-cata gear is about 5 times as powerful. I just replaced a piece of armor that had 40 stamina on it with a piece that has 300. BG's at that level are not determined by skill they are determined by which side has tho most people who blew a couple grand on gear that probably shouldnt be available at that level.

If you look at the Brutal pvp gear you can buy at 70, it lasts a long time. But the Wrathful gear basically starts out being worse than most of the stuff you can equip at 77 or 78.... It's the first XPAC where the old game's (wrath) top gear is overshadowed 2 levels prior in its entirety by BOE greens.
I assume "Whytheear" this is your main? which is fine. What I been doing with my 80''s who are presently grinding Cataclysm quests on their way to 85 is saving all the BOE stuff that randomly drop for my alts like this shaman so he'll have a nice stock of upgrades ready for him when he gets there, hehe
Which is fine for the people with cash flow and ability to get that gear. Casual players and new players which make up a large, probably majority, of the base can not afford to invest several thousand gold into pvping for a couple levels.

I've been playing since vanilla, this toon will be my third 85, and ive played my final BG till i hit 85 because getting rolled over while my opponent's healthbar never moves is not fun.
100-500g? i think i paid 25-50g per slot.

I think your exagerating and just want to complain.
This happens every expansion, you should be used to it by now.
Yeah, I would really like to see some sort of ilevel cap or something. It really isn't like the other expansions, because I don't think I ever saw a prot warrior at level 59 getting 2-shot by a hunter at level 58, simply because the latter bought the TBC gear. It's even worse when you're getting 1-shot with non-crits as any caster.
I wake up at night laughing at memories of when I was a 78-79 prot paladin in BGs with Cataclysm greens and blues.
Present and accounted for.
Reporting for duty sir!
<--- Bis
Just quest/RDF til 80. Easy peasy.

Yep.

This is not new. You lodged your complaint three expansions late. Begone.

Actually it's really different. Greens from the previous expansions didn't triple your health and damage.
Yeah, it's pretty extreme, and while green gear from the next expansion has been there before, it never had the iLevel of endgame gear. Did wrath greens has comparable stats to Sunwell gear? Because Cata greens have the iLvl of H ICC epics.

I don't think it's the biggest deal, admittedly, but it can get just silly.
The market is widely varied server to server for cata green pricing. On mine you can drop around 2.5k on a basic set of level 77 cata greens, if you find them on the cheap. Simply put, use your 85s to farm Hyjal or (ick) VashJir and hope for drops your lower level toons can use, sell anything they can't. The process really isn't that painful and you can make decent coin in the process. Coupled with a gathering skill this can be very lucrative :)
75 & 76 were not nearly as fun as 77 - 79

weeeeee!