Incoming Hotfixes

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 3 4 5 40 Next
Is Blizzard going to get over their love for 'round' numbers. Because I think it would behoove mastery changes like this to be more precise. i.e. reducing something from 8% to 6.3% instead of 6% because 6 is prettier than 6.3.
LOLOLOL BREAK HUNTERS MORE PLZ I'M STILL NOT ENOUGH OF AN UNDERDOG IN ARENAS

DON'T WORRY BRO, THEY'RE MAKING UP FOR IT WITH ASPECT OF THE HAWK. BLIZZ SAID SO SO IT MUST BE TRUE.

Actually they'll probably nerf whatever hawk buff we get before it goes live anyway.
Going to agree with Randomsmo here, I dont see the necessity to nerf us beyond what we were pre-patch. I am going to go out and say, our dot's being a primary source of damage on a majority of fights (especially heroic encounters,) should have been something you saw coming. With the way IS/MF scale with haste, it's inevitable that we're going to throw it around on everything (especially with instant starsurge procs off any of the damage from them.)

I would rather go back to pre-4.0.6 mastery levels than recieve a 7% nerf to damage as you are planning. I didn't see the need for the mastery change then, however, I wasn't going to complain.

All this being said, anything but feral still feels extremely weak in a PvP setting. My HoTs are very weak, my 'hybrid' healing abilities are anything but good, they are extremely lackluster, and I don't often see a chance to land one of them for a very low amount of healing.

I don't see the need to immediately nerf moonkin damage, without DI, I am competitive with most of my guild, and on top of this, I am not 'on top of the meter' every single fight. Also, let me state that I am one of the more geared players in my raid, I should be marginally ahead of people still wearing a couple of blues. It's almost unreasonable to say that 'this moonkin who outgears people is outdamaging weaker geared players, on fights that are favorable to the moonkin.' if I'm wrong on that, let me know. There are fights that still aren't very favorable to me, so I don't see the need to push this change through at the given time.

TL;DR: I'm not quite sure I see or understand the necessity to nerf moonkin damage. I'm not on the top of the meter every fight, so a more in-depth explanation as to why the change is needed would be extremely welcome.

Thanks!
02/11/2011 6:05 PMPosted by Winkithia
I knew we were too high, but a 10% dps nerf when other classes are actually competitive with shadow (that you haven't hotfixed either) is a bit overboard unless you're going to be hitting the likes of hunters (again) and fire mages.

It's an 8% nerf in dps...

125% * 0.92 = 115%

Stings less... Now if only our "Mastery" was less RNG based.
I'm frankly disgusted with some of the hunters in this thread. You realize that people are force casting Aimed Shot as their best PvE dps rotation don't you? Is this a case of:
-You don't know
OR
-You don't want to admit it

If it's the former, you don't actually experiment enough that you should be commenting on changes.
If it's the later, you are the worst kind of poster.

Aimed shot spam is out of control in PvE AND PvP. Mis selling yourself on the forums doesn't avoid fixes. It just hinders actual feedback.

(to those hunters just talking about how hawk is a bad place to rebuff but admitting aimed shot needs to be toned down, I'm sorry, this isn't directed at you.)
We are also looking at nerfing Aimed Shot, but compensating hunters through Aspect of the Hawk.

Please explain why you're nerfing a shot who's activation is based completely off of RNG unlike anything else in the game. You could have a really bad streak of MMM and not proc one for a while. Also, this nerf would only affect mm which isn't the top dps spec. While buffing survival and bm.

Also, as someone else pointed out...we spend a lot of time in these new raids in aspect of the fox so it's a shame the buff would come in the form of Hawk rather than something else...like kill command or arcane shot.
02/11/2011 6:08 PMPosted by Strykraishou
Can we please get specifics about the Aimed nerf and the Hawk buff? I'm one of the few Hunters that actually is sick of casting Aimeds in a PvE rotation...

God me too. I would be extremely happy if we used Arcane as the focus dump and use AiS when it procs only. If this change makes that a reality, I have nothing bad to say.

We are also looking at nerfing Aimed Shot, but compensating hunters through Aspect of the Hawk. We are also likely to lower Arcane mage mana cost in some way, which will in turn buff their dps. These don’t have those specifics just yet, but do keep an eye on the 4.0.6 hotfix blog for these and other changes as they come through.

I'm confused, where are you expecting hunters to stand in regards to PvP and PvE at this point? You're further nerfing our utility and damage in these hotfixes. Hunter populations are already at historic all time lows in high end arenas in all brackets. Aspect of the Hawk will do almost nothing to change hunter PvE or PvP unless you're planning on making it so that our targets do not move. Can you at least give us an answer for the sort of vision you have for the hunter class in general? Particularly in PvP since our burst is being nerfed and our movement is being hindered by the Master's Call nerf.
And disc. Priest PW:S shielding for 30k, at a cost of 3.7k mana si working completely as intended?

(Hint: This needs nerfing as well.)
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-h23o8zdbguzom8wf/sum/damageDone/?s=509&e=627

Because clearly Shadow Priests and Boomkins are fine...

Be realistic people, I have no problems with hybrids being competitive, but stomping over everyone else is just imbalanced

( PS : this is one of the few POST patch logged algaloths cause not very many high end guilds even do BH anymore.. Just look at heroic Chimaeron or whatever and you can see the spriests and boomkins creeping up)
I'm frankly disgusted with some of the hunters in this thread. You realize that people are force casting Aimed Shot as their best PvE dps rotation don't you? Is this a case of:
-You don't know
OR
-You don't want to admit it

If it's the former, you don't actually experiment enough that you should be commenting on changes.
If it's the later, you are the worst kind of poster.

Aimed shot spam is out of control in PvE AND PvP. Mis selling yourself on the forums doesn't avoid fixes. It just hinders actual feedback.

(to those hunters just talking about how hawk is a bad place to rebuff but admitting aimed shot needs to be toned down, I'm sorry, this isn't directed at you.)

I am more than aware of this, but nerfing aimed shot's casting damage and buffing hawk to compensate our dps is NOT the way to go. It is NOT the nerfing of aimed shot in PvE that I have a problem with. Hell, if aimed shot did 50% of the damage it does now, but had "deals double damage when used against other players", I would be PERFECTLY FINE with that, because it fixes aimed shot spam in PvE (by making it not worth using outside of the proc against NPCs), but allows it to retain its burst potential for PvP. I will agree that the damage *does* need to be toned down, albeit slightly. It's a 2.9 second cast that costs half my focus bar, requires me to stand still, and can be inturrupted by going into my melee range. It SHOULD hit like a truck. The problem is that actually using arcane in your rotation as marks puts you about where survival is right now DPS-wise (IE: bad), and a buff to hawk is NOT going to fix that, because hunters don't spend a lot of time in hawk anymore. Fight mechanics and PvP do not allow it.
02/11/2011 5:35 PMPosted by Bof
remember when the game didn't need hotfixes every. single. day.?

Pepperidge Farm remembers

We are also looking at nerfing Aimed Shot, but compensating hunters through Aspect of the Hawk.

They are just barely becoming viable and only in select setups in high end PvP. With Aimed shot still be a ridiculously long cast, MMM talent only proccing 1-2 times in a 5 min arena match, and the inability to reliably use Hawk with any regularity in arena, they should look into some other areas as well.

Possibly merging Hawk/Fox, lowering the cast time for aimed shot further (nobody likes casting 3 sec casts just to burst or even up to 3.5 sec casts with t-clap/IW/FF on them) when nerfing it's burst potential, or maybe even allowing it to be casted in Fox while moving. Even could think of making MMM talent a 3 stack instead of 5, or keeping it 5 stack and making it 100% chance to proc. Less RNG is better while allowing the proc *fun factor* to be planned in a controlled setting.

They're still a pretty bad class overall in PvP with 1 spec and only 2 decent comps. Both require the hunter to be babysat by the partners to get their huge Aimed Shot burst off (which is agreeably too much).

Aimed Shot needs tweaks but please back up the nerf with a compensation that will make them a viable pvp class. They're still kind of meh even with the retarded burst from Aimed Shot. It's really all they have going for them ATM.
We’re in the process of planning for a number of hotfixes that are intended to be implemented within the next day or two. To help give some heads up notice we’re currently looking to make the following changes:

• Shadow Power (Shadow priest passive) is being changed from 25% to 15% of Shadow damage.

• Moonfury (Balance druid mastery) is being changed from 15% to 6% Arcane and Nature damage.

• Raging Blow reduced from 120% to 100% weapon damage at max level.

• In all three cases we’ve been closely monitoring performance since the patch and all 3 specs are currently doing too much damage in PvE. In the case of Shadow and Fury we were also worried about their PvP burst potential, but didn’t want to risk affecting them in PvE. Now that we have concluded they are too high in PvE, both aspects of the game should feel more balanced.

We are also looking at nerfing Aimed Shot, but compensating hunters through Aspect of the Hawk. We are also likely to lower Arcane mage mana cost in some way, which will in turn buff their dps. These don’t have those specifics just yet, but do keep an eye on the 4.0.6 hotfix blog for these and other changes as they come through.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2259389#blog">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2259389#blog</a> (the blog does not currently account for these intended hotfixes as they have not yet been applied)

You know I'm really tired of changing toon to suit Blizzard's obsession with changing classes.

You nerfed my Ret paladin into the ground when Cataclysm launched so I went back to my original toon from Vanilla, my druid.

Resto is/was fine but I've always prefered to tank than heal so then you nerfed bear threat so I can barely hold aggro SINGLE target (not even going to get into AoE threat) and I'm still not liking Ret (dps is great but waiting for HoPo really makes it boring to play) so I decided to finish up this warrior.

Now THANKFULLY the warrior changes don't really affect me (I PvE and PvP in prot and fury is just mainly for questing/dailies etc) but jeez come on guys! This "Flavor of the week" thing with classes is just getting out of hand.

Classes were very well balanced at the end of Wrath. I can understand some changes but these massive sweeping changes have done nothing but create massive problems for your end Blizzard and frustration (and admittedly excitement too) on the players end.

Whatever that's my rant. I played my original warrior through BC and most of Wrath, I'm back to it guess I probably never should have left.
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-h23o8zdbguzom8wf/sum/damageDone/?s=509&e=627

Because clearly Shadow Priests and Boomkins are fine...

Be realistic people, I have no problems with hybrids being competitive, but stomping over everyone else is just imbalanced

( PS : this is one of the few POST patch logged algaloths cause not very many high end guilds even do BH anymore.. Just look at heroic Chimaeron or whatever and you can see the spriests and boomkins creeping up)

Linking one parse of an argaloth 25 is a completely accurate and valid way of proving a point. One parse is just that: one parse, not a statistic. Go look @ WoL and tell me what the trends are for the top 10 in Heroic encounters (and yes, I did, and moonkin/spriest have not completely taken over every single fight by any means.)