The Exalted Title

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 17 Next
I actually liked the changes you made. For those people who really want this title, they'll earn the reps to keep it. It's not like they were going to stop farming reps at 40. I've got 59 reps at exalted with only my guild rep (revered) and Warsong Outriders (almost revered), remaining.

40 Exalted reps is nothing. Stop making this easier. Already ruined the Insane title. I refuse to wear it for what you guys have done to it.

If you want to remain "the exalted" then you should continue farming reps to exalted. That's simple enough.

I know, crazy right? People do the same dungeons over and over and over and over again for gear they've gotten on other characters, why is this soooo much different.

When a new tier of raiding comes out are people stripped of previous raid titles? I know, crazy right? You would think because there is now a higher level of raiding people should be shooting for that and if they don't why do they deserve the first?

Anyways, the bans are stupid, they are cause and effect. Blizzard removed titles without telling anyone (oops) people are upset, blizzard tells them tough luck, they become even more upset and get banned, blizzard flip flops and backs down instead of taking a hard stance.

Bravo.
I actually liked the changes you made. For those people who really want this title, they'll earn the reps to keep it. It's not like they were going to stop farming reps at 40. I've got 59 reps at exalted with only my guild rep (revered) and Warsong Outriders (almost revered), remaining.

40 Exalted reps is nothing. Stop making this easier. Already ruined the Insane title. I refuse to wear it for what you guys have done to it.

If you want to remain "the exalted" then you should continue farming reps to exalted. That's simple enough.

wouldn't it be awesome to get new titles/achievements/rewards for NEW levels of achievements, rather then spending a countless number of hours more to regain said title/reward?

refreshing an achievement with more requirements is not fun at all. give us something new to get/look at.

kind of like naxx/ony being redone, and ony and nef yet again in Cata. Lack of creativity.

I'm glad this all worked out.

I have no real problem with people thinking soemthing is wrong, and that they have been wronged, and wanting and acting on change. What I did have a problem with was that people expected the CMs to make a decision that had to do with an entire team of people working on a game, make an apology based on the same people (which he technically did) and communicate with the designers and everyone to then make a decision about a rather large (apparently; I had no idea before this fiasco lol) part of WOW's core game play. In like, 2 days.

I just feel a little bit of "I told ya so" inside me *blush* Blizzard isn't dumb. Despite the way anyone feels about WOW the people who make this game, and especially the designers and CMs even, are talented, seemingly good, smart people. They know when they made a mistake, and when it's obvious that something needs to be done.

They just needed time. The CMs probably went; "Oh crap, we need to figure this out, this thread is as big as Rosie O'Donald's dinner plate after a speed binge!" but had at least a day of twindling their thumbs (Hence the silly Vanilla Update post) while the designers reviewed and made their decision. Not to mention the fact that grandfathering wasn't even possible in the first place. They simply made a mistake, doing what they thought was best. No matter what certain players may think. Now, they rethought that decision after feedback, as any good company should.

It's sad that because it took them 2 days people canceled their account. But in the end, Blizzard did well in my book (Even though I could care less about the title, and their are plenty of other things I care about more) and I believe a thank you is in order.

So thanks Blizzard. I for one do know you listen, better than plenty of other MMO design teams.

(coughSOEcough)
Bashiok,

Thanks for the explanation. Honestly, I think if this had been presented as "due to some quirks in the code, we can either remove the title until you get to 50 or cheapen it by letting 40 still get the title," I suspect the community reaction would have been very different and far more understanding. I know it's tricky to try to present anything like this, so thanks for doing so. Hopefully some of us will stop with the "Blizzard doesn't listen!" chorus.
Next: please restore my Keymaster achievement as a Feat of Strength.

(If the data for this was discarded, then insert an obligatory reference to the BBC's boneheaded wiping of eleven years of Doctor Who because storing tapes was inconvenient.)
Love the revert! Wasn't going to make that huge a deal out of 50 reps since I was at 47. I would be at 48 but when i switched to worgen my Ashtongue Deathsworn rep was changed from exalted to neutral but i still carry the exalted achievement for them and that is a bit annoying and hoping it gets fixed soonish
This reversal is just an example of babies getting rewarded for throwing a tantrum.

Pure WIN!

Thank you for listening to your customers Blizzard!
You renewed my faith in you blizzard. Good on you.
People that worked for this achievement in Wrath (such as myself) were upset and not all were throwing a tantrum. To be honest it is easy to get in cata and it should of been raised with Cata but people that had it for Wrath should keep it. It was one of the few titles i like to wear :) so no we're not all just "babies throwing a tantrum"
P.S. I'm still going to grind for 50 exalteds, but it's so much nicer to be able to do it because I want to, not because I have to.
Thank you for reversing your initial stance.

Thank you for removing censorship.

Will retain membership of WOW, as will family wow members.

We will retain our purchased rift packages, just in case the titles remain lost.

From our side it is we paid with real money for the right to acquire items, titles, pets.
We use the purchased paid for play time to buy and earn those items.
Understanding that Wow is a rental world;
but items acquired and earned during that rental period visitation is owned by us,
they belong to us, by our very effort in acquiring said items.

Fantasy world of wow is how we escape the real world demands,
and disappointments.
On wow we never stay dead, we never go hungry, we never age.
We always get a 2nd and 3rd never ending chance at what ever we want to attain.
How wonderful.

Please do not make WOW like real life.
If i wanted real life all the time I would not be playing WOW.

Thank You Again for removing censorship and honoring the original terms for the
"Exalted title".
My son in law is pleasantly surprised.

A family of four WoW players
I really think it would have been much easier to change the exalted titles, instead of just jumping them ahead. Not only that, the newer titles already would have excisted in the exalted grind for any faction. Titles could include "The Friendly," "The Honored," "The Revered," and obviously "The Exalted."

Also the fact that anyone should be so upset over the loss of a title like this, should really take a moment to think what they're actually getting upset over.
Thanks Blizzard, you made the right decision.
Thank you for listening to the constructive feedback on the original post Blizzard. It's unfortunate the discussion got so extreme that you were forced to hand out numerous bans and suspensions. I didn't stick around long after being harassed by another poster so I'm glad the thread was locked.

I hope you can make the new technology working when you decide to bump up the requirements for the title and allowing those of us who have already earned it to keep it instead of losing it again.
02/11/2011 7:47 PMPosted by Bashiok
There’s no tech currently that allows us to give a title for an achievement and then move that title to a different achievement altogether and have people keep them.

I'm not sure I'm seeing how tiering titles for something like this would be any different to:

I had it in my hand = Assistant Professor
What was Briefly Yours is Now Mine = Associate Professor
It Belongs in a Museum! = Professor

When completed, all are listed under the same achievement, and all previous titles are retained when the next is gained.

I'm sure some kind person will come along and tell me what I'm clearly missing here... o.O
There’s no tech currently that allows us to give a title for an achievement and then move that title to a different achievement altogether and have people keep them.

I'm not sure I'm seeing how tiering titles for something like this would be any different to:

I had it in my hand = Assistant Professor
What was Briefly Yours is Now Mine = Associate Professor
It Belongs in a Museum! = Professor

When completed, all are listed under the same achievement, and all previous titles are retained when the next is gained.

I'm sure some kind person will come along and tell me what I'm clearly missing here... o.O

Each of those titles are different. They are not the exact same title. Currently what it's doing is if they make it to where the title isn't on the 40 anymore to be granted it removes it from everyone as they move it to the 50. If they have it on 40 and 50 well it will just be granted on the 40 and it will still be in name on the 50 as well but will be meaningless.

Since you are talking about maybe still rewarding players, and moving the title in the future to 60. Why not for 50 have a non-title reward. If you're at 50 exalted reps that's close to single-handed getting the United Nations achievement for a guild. Why not have a reward like a tabard that acts similar to a hearthstone? Or perhaps a tabard that allows you to go to a faction Quartermaster that you have an exalted rep with and attune the tabard to them allowing you to teleport to their area.