The Exalted Title

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 17 Next
thanks for reconsidering. on a side note, i thought it would have been possible to just make a feat of strength for those who got it at 40 reps. Kinda like the lvl 60 Onyxia feat only with an attached title. anyways, thanks
I am saddened by this post. I'm not even going to use the Exalted title myself, but I dislike that Blizzard was 'forced' to revert this change because of all the whining. It was bad to do it without notice, yes, but in my opinion, it isn't all that bad. 50 reps is really easy anyway, it kills the achievement of earning the title by keeping it at 40 reps. 40 reps is just trivial.

I do think that scaling achievements are sort of silly, but equally silly would be large number of titles that are all variations of 'the Exalted'. What's worse is having achievements that are the hardest in their category, but offer no reward.
As Someone who Worked my butt off during the past summer to earn my "Exalted" Title before Cata came out, when I logged on I was Infuriated by this and immediately put in a ticket, and came here. I am glad to see I will be getting this title back.
Thankyou for explaining the technological limitations behind why what happened happened (and mentioning that it's something being worked on so it won't happen again), reverting the change, and admitting that you made an error in not communicating what was about to happen. It has restored a little of my faith in WoW and in Blizzard as a company.
I do hope my topic was helpful.
Awesome news :) Thanks for the explanation guys, and for putting it back in for those who did the work way back in the day.
02/11/2011 8:34 PMPosted by Elothox
I do hope my topic was helpful.

I think it was :) You kept it going pretty well.
Thanx for fixing that issue, will you be addressing any of the other achievements you have removed without letting us know? maybe make those fos? i notice a few of the general achievements have been removed , keymaster, knuckle sandwich the one where you need to get 4 skills up to 400 etc, all quietly removed with no mention and the shandalar rep, we were told it would be a fos but i dont see it anywhere on my main..... so many missing ....... I worked on my acheives and it is rather disappointing to see them just removed with no mention at all..........

Ok, so logically speaking if peoples concept of enjoying the game was earning 40 exalted reputations to get the title. Wouldn't they also enjoy achieving 10 more to get the same said title?

I know, crazy right? People do the same dungeons over and over and over and over again for gear they've gotten on other characters, why is this soooo much different.

How about we take your last paycheck back and say you need to work 20 more hours to get it...since you loved working so hard the first time to get it? How is that different to what you are proposing?

In case your reading comprehension is a tad behind the learning curve that's essentially what i've already done. The point, is what you, as an individual do after the fact. That 1500$ i'm out is a bit less than my bi-eekly earnings. I've already lost a paycheck over their oversight and go into work no less determined to do my job than any day previous. The point of my post is simply that the people here for some reason don't carry the same attitude towards a game. It's folly, and a true testament to the lack of maturity of this games tenants. To quit over something so trivial just reeks of a scapegoat reason for people that have been dying to already quit for a long period of time.
02/11/2011 8:48 PMPosted by Brelm
I'm still in shock that there was such a nerd outcry from such a meaningless title.

There wasn't. ^_^ There was a very pointed response to the idea of any title or achieve being removed without notice, discussion, or consent. It was the principle of the matter, not the simple title.
That's nice. Now how about you address the issue of when woltk droped with the achievement system you made a point of stressing how once you earned an achievement it won't be taken way from you retroactively if you guys decide 2 years later to change the requirements for something. That, more than anything was a slap in the face, not the fact we had to grind out a few more reps
Ok, so logically speaking if peoples concept of enjoying the game was earning 40 exalted reputations to get the title. Wouldn't they also enjoy achieving 10 more to get the same said title?

I know, crazy right? People do the same dungeons over and over and over and over again for gear they've gotten on other characters, why is this soooo much different.

The difference is for me that those last few reputations fall into the area of the Insane title (which no, I don't really want to grind yet) or PVP factions (loooong) or Hydraxian (months to get through Revered).

I couldn't just "grind a few more easy reps" and be done with it. The Exalted is my favorite title by far, losing it was fairly upsetting, especially after the effor put into and the extra extreme effort I'd have had to do to get it back.

I would have been okay if it was shifted to 45 reputations, that's not into the range of the super hardcore reps, but is still higher than 40.

Looking forward to Blizzard having the ability to dynamically credit for achievements. :)