Blood elf start area...?

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Hi! I'm in Drenden and recently got The Burning Crusade and thought Blood elves looked quite interesting. When I made one though, I noticed not nearly as many people as there are with human race or night elves. Anyone have an idea why?

This isn't a bad thing I just get lonely sometimes... :(
Hi! I'm in Drenden and recently got The Burning Crusade and thought Blood elves looked quite interesting. When I made one though, I noticed not nearly as many people as there are with human race or night elves. Anyone have an idea why?

This isn't a bad thing I just get lonely sometimes... :(

ya....I guess Bloodelves aren't too popular.

I know a fair amount of players rolled Tauren pallys when they were available. Probably a contributing factor.

They are all in Orgrimmar (for the horde).
All races's starting areas except Blood Elves and Draenei got updated in Cataclysm.

BE's has been there for a few expansions, so people are bored of it.
I think if i know what your saying...

There are usually people hanging around Northshire because Stormwind( the hangout for everyone ) is so close in proximity and it isnt to hard to fly over there

And Night elves are just common first starting characters

Blood elves (However plentiful) have a very bland and hard to get to starting zone, not only is the closest city the abandoned silvermoon, but also without flying mounts, getting to the starting zone is more of a hassle then something to do when your bored

And obviously most kiddies roll worgen instead of belf now (obligatory)
Silvermoon doesn't have flying mounts and is pretty far out of the way compared to the other Horde cities.
The Blood Elf starting area all the way through the ghostlands is still one of my favorites. Part of the problem with that area though is it is pretty physically isolated from the rest of Azeroth so there is not alot of reason for higher level players to hang out there. The Human town of Goldshire is just a short hop from the main Alliance city of Stormwind and as a result you see alot of high level players hanging out in Goldshire which is actually a low level town.

Also Right now with the new expansion alot of players that have been around awhile are rolling the new races Goblin or Worgen.
Most belfs head off to other areas after doing the starting zone. I don't think I ever saw anyone in ghostlands the one time i decided to stay and level there. It looks nice but you're just so secluded from the rest of the world. It's probably the same with draenei.