Prev 1 3 4 5 25 Next
New Tactic Added

05/27/2011 10:14 AMPosted by Oraxe
Why hasn't this been stickied yet? >:(

No idea
05/26/2011 09:13 AMPosted by Shoukon
Excellent guide. Though, I wish you weren't a blood elf warrior. -_-

I'm Worgen now =P

Why'd you choose worgen? I switched human for double trinket.
How is Windwalk better than Landslide?

I could see the speed boost helping a little. Dodge rating isn't that much.

Personally like the +1k attack power to kill mages and other clothies in my Flag Room.
Prove me wrong so I can use these surplus Maelstrom crystals on something.
How is Windwalk better than Landslide?

I could see the speed boost helping a little. Dodge rating isn't that much.

Personally like the +1k attack power to kill mages and other clothies in my Flag Room.
Prove me wrong so I can use these surplus Maelstrom crystals on something.

Yea I've been using my Windwalk hand over Landslide for a few weeks to see if there is any difference. I can tell you that there isn't a huge noticeable difference on my survivability/killing power with either enchant, even though if I was human I'd go Landslide + the +Str trinket.

I'm Worgen because I didn't want to be a human and I just like to abuse the speed boost. So rite now ATM I'm pumping out the running and the dodging, as a human with landslide/ +str trinket you can pump out the damage a bit more. As a Worgen I can't exploit that dps boost like a human can.
More updated content and strats
Added video's to tactics 2, 16, 17, 18 and added tactics 17 and 18.
Bumpity!sticky requested!
05/31/2011 01:23 PMPosted by Siouxfall
should i be stacking more than 4k resil?

Right now I'm following the rule of closest to 4k without going over. Warriors do want to stack SOME hp just because of our enraged regen/blood craze/second wind.
I'm also toying with the idea of getting rid of hit from gear and reforging it to all Mastery. Shockwave doesn't need hit to hit I believe, not confirmed on this cause I've seen it miss before somehow. Imma play with stacked mastery and 2% hit and tell you guys if I'm missing disarms while rogue/warr/hunters are stunned or not.
Sticky imo.
Update: I've set my hit down to 3.47% and added about 2% to mastery and haven't seen any misses for FC games. I'm going to go down to the minimum possible next week and report if it hampered gameplay aka shockwave/disarm etc misses.

Also I suggest to take hit down only for FC games. If you're running prot for Gilnaeus/AB put your hit back up to 5%. You don't want to miss when you're trying to keep people off of your flags.
Update: I won't be trying minimum hit since Blizz doesn't let you buy more than one set of rings and neck. If Blizz wants warrs and other classes to play multiple roles, they need to let us buy multiple sets of gear. What else am I going to do with my wasted 16,000 conquest points?
Shield Slam, Devastate, Heroic Strike, Revenge

I'm trying to get these abilities into two buttons, which should be macroed together, why, and how? After Googling them, I see many conflicting arguments, but most say what I've been doing is wrong, by having Devastate and Heroic Strike together.
Yea as you can see in my video's I have them all separated into different keybinds. I keep them all separated just for the sake of saving rage for that needed spell reflect/intervene/intercept/shattering throw. It's better to control what your toon is doing than to let it auto too many moves. Two moves that I do combine is Heroic Strike with Inner Rage.

#showtooltip Heroic Strike
/cast Inner Rage
/cast Heroic Strike

and

#showtooltip Cleave
/cast inner rage
/cast cleave

I'd say to combine these because we have so many things to keybind that this is worth putting together.

For example having inner rage with cleave helps you make sure that you can spam cleave the flag in between shockwaves and thunderclaps to make sure they don't get your flag in Gilnaeus and or Arathi Basin.

Having inner rage with Heroic Strike is there to spam HS as you're spamming devestate/shield slam bash etc when you're trying to add a little extra umph to dps down a target.

So in all the four you described I don't put together at all just for the sake of rage conservation and because I found a spot for all of them in my keybinds. One handy thing to do is to get a minimum 5 button mouse and have the mouse have the extra 3 buttons with a keybind for moves, then those 3 buttons keybined with shift and those 3 buttons keybinded with ctrl.

For example on my mouse Keybinds:
Mouse Button 3: Pummel
Mouse Button 4: Shield Wall Macro
Mouse Button 5: Shield Block

Mouse Button shift 3: Racial Spring
Mouse Button shift 4: Shattering Throw
Mouse Button shift 5: Inner rage/ Cleave or Heroic Strike Macro

Mouse Button ctrl 3: Intervene to main healer
Mouse Button ctrl 4: Intervene to secondary healer
Mouse Button ctrl 5: Intervene to ally who I have targeted or focused

That one mouse gives you a host of space on your keyboard.

Hope this helps and that I've answered your question.
Video 3 for Gilnaeus Prot PvP Added
prot pvp really sucks, u get blown up by dps who have close to the same health as u but blow u up, and the worst thing is that u cant do anything a bout it, u cant kill them, you should have stated this is for people who stack stamina with 3pocket healers. etc. and yes with pvp gear
06/05/2011 04:34 PMPosted by Xerxezs
prot pvp really sucks, u get blown up by dps who have close to the same health as u but blow u up, and the worst thing is that u cant do anything a bout it, u cant kill them, you should have stated this is for people who stack stamina with 3pocket healers. etc. and yes with pvp gear

If you're stacking stamina then that's your problem. And prot doesn't have problem with being blown up helplessly. If that's your experience then you are not utilizing your classes tools correctly or at all.
So after trying no hit, I'd say it good to have at least 2% hit and rest mastery. Missing disarms and Conc Blows really hurt and you really start to miss a lot more with beow 2%. If you're running arms, for arena or the other rbg maps, and then prot for FC then it's gonna be hard to get hit to 2% since we can't buy double cloak/neck/both rings so gotta use all those items for both FC and DPS sets. So the best I could do was pull 3.03% hit, for pure FC set, with the rest mastery and made sure that when I was arms I still had 5% and had a separate crit armor set for the arms set. I think it came out to 5.10% hit in arms and with no space to lower the arms hit since I couldn't mess with my neck/rings/cloak for hit since they need to be identical for both sets. If anyone can do better tell me because it's a big numbers game and it's a pain in the arse.

Cliff Notes: Don't run less than 2% hit for FC. If you need two sets of gear for arms and FCing the best I could do was 3.03% hit with the rest mastery and still maintaining 5% hit with the arms set mixed with the ring/cloak/neck that you are limited to buying one of.

Hope this helps.
Better underwater spot is under their bridge.

You can snare them enough that they wont be able to get out :]

EDIT: In Twin Peaks