Cat DPS Guide - 4.3

Druid
Post Limit:
Prev 1 33 34 35 40 Next
12/14/2011 12:17 PMPosted by Zel
The first 10% of a boss is knocked off extremely fast with everyone using cds, pre-potting, MM Hunters in CA phase, etc. Then you have 30% until your 2pc comes into play. If we have to switch for long periods of time our 4 piece isn't gonna save our rip on any target, and if we don't have to switch for very long then for 60% our bloodletting isn't really doing anything. I don't think being "difficult" should really determine it if were talking maximizing our dps. I thought their might be some numbers someone used to come to this conclusion though.

Because even with it being useless for 60% of the fight, GoTF doesn't overtake GoBL until T13 4PC for top DPS.
Only thing that really changed was that the pants I previously had gave mastery/hit (reforge into haste), and the t13 pants had only expertise/hit on them.

I am probably worrying prematurely. My gems and enchants are perfectly fine, and my DPS measure has not been on dummies, simply because dummies do not dip below 60%. But since my guild only raids on weekends, I won't be able to fully test it until Friday. However, I have been running LFR quite a few times now, and I'm still seeing an increase in DPS with 2 t12. But T13 obviously loses some significance when the fights are shorter (as they are in LFR, especially with a chunk of good dpsers), so that might play a role to it, as well.

I noticed the change the most on Madness in LFR, but because of the frequent target switching and adds that die quickly, t13 probably has a lower value than t12 on a fight like that. It'll probably be better on Friday when I get some real boss attempts in.
12/14/2011 12:17 PMPosted by Zel
The first 10% of a boss is knocked off extremely fast with everyone using cds, pre-potting, MM Hunters in CA phase, etc. Then you have 30% until your 2pc comes into play. If we have to switch for long periods of time our 4 piece isn't gonna save our rip on any target, and if we don't have to switch for very long then for 60% our bloodletting isn't really doing anything. I don't think being "difficult" should really determine it if were talking maximizing our dps. I thought their might be some numbers someone used to come to this conclusion though.

We ran the everything through Mew Simulations with all the candidate glyph setups and find out which one gives the most DPS, at varying levels of Tier Gear. From the results, we concluded that GoTF only overtakes GoBL at 4T13 level.

If you are unsatisfied with the results, you can run Mew yourself.
Is there something I'm doing wrong?
With people it seems with not much better gear are getting in the upwards of 30k dps on fights like ultrax and others while I seem to only be pushing 25-26k.

I followed advice in this thread, right now stacking heavy mastery for heavy bleeds. Bleeds rarely drop if ever and using tigers fury on bleeds to get the most out of them.
Would a mix of haste and mastery be a better option than just going pure mastery stack?
Can you provide some logs or something so we can better tell you what you are doing wrong?
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/al2egr3fuayc5va1/

This is our world of logs from our raid on dec. 13
Tangedyn, I just wanted to let you know that in the gems section of your guide, for yellow slot it says to use "Delicate Inferno Ruby or whichever Amber Topaz with Agility suits you best" while it should be "Delicate Inferno Ruby or whichever Ember Topaz with Agility suits you best".
Seriously, a vowel? WOW guy.
Is 2k2 PvP weapon better than Heroic Fandral / LFR Kiril / Normal Spire ?
Is Glyph of Tigerfury much better than Glyph of Bloodletting ? It seems I can't keep up Savage Roar without GoB ( 40-50% uptime at best ).
You only switch to Glyph of Tiger's Fury if you have full T13 4 Piece, so that you gain the 60% BitW phase and the free Ravage every 30 seconds.
Yes I do have T13 4 pcs.
I'm just wondering if the gain from Tiger glyph is worth more than the loss of Savage Roar's uptime :)
If you are losing Savage Roar uptime, you are doing something horribly wrong.

Also, sim it out with Mew, my sims have all shown Bloodletting to remain a DPS Increase over Tiger's Fury, but I haven't done as many tests as I should as I'm not at that point yet.
12/18/2011 09:29 PMPosted by Konungr
Seriously, a vowel? WOW guy.

Well it screwed me up when I was looking for an amber topaz on the auction house.

Also why is the bear thread dead? I decided to start tanking and then realized that the stickied tanking thread hadn't been updated since 4.1.
I don't think the fundamentals of Bear Tanking has changed at all since the start of Cataclysm.
I'll fix it, but seriously it doesn't make sense. Embers are red and Ambers are orange.
Reposting something here that I just posted on Fluid Druid:

Glyph of Bloodletting vs. Glyph of Tiger's Fury

A lot of people have been asking if/when should they swap from Glyph of Bloodletting to Glyph of Tiger's Fury. The answer that came out of testing during the 4.3 beta period was that you would be swapping glyphs when you got the 4 piece tier 13 set bonus.

Retesting this today with the top of tree version of Mew (1074), the answer could easily be never.

I tested this by switching my profile to 4 piece T13 and also testing the two included profiles that Mihir generated. In all cases using the default Patchwerk profile, Glyph of Bloodletting comes out ahead of Glyph of TF in measured dps.

This is a good time to remind people that beta results are exactly that, beta results. Several things have changed since the initial testing was done, including optimization of the cat rotation, and improved knowledge of the gear and procs.

My advice to everyone is to, whenever possible, download Mew yourself, import your toon into it, set up the food/potions/flasks and buff sections appropriately and then do your own measurements.

Edit: Just for fun, I just tested this on Tangedyn's toon (using his cat spec). Swapping from Glyph of TF to Glyph of Bloodletting showed a 99.5 dps increase.
Glyph of Bloodletting vs. Glyph of Tiger's Fury

http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=656

From Leafkiller:

A lot of people have been asking if/when should they swap from Glyph of Bloodletting to Glyph of Tiger's Fury. The answer that came out of testing during the 4.3 beta period was that you would be swapping glyphs when you got the 4 piece tier 13 set bonus.

Retesting this today with the top of tree version of Mew (1074), the answer could easily be never.

I tested this by switching my profile to 4 piece T13 and also testing the two included profiles that Mihir generated. In all cases using the default Patchwerk profile, Glyph of Bloodletting comes out ahead of Glyph of TF in measured dps.

This is a good time to remind people that beta results are exactly that, beta results. Several things have changed since the initial testing was done, including optimization of the cat rotation, and improved knowledge of the gear and procs.

My advice to everyone is to, whenever possible, download Mew yourself, import your toon into it, set up the food/potions/flasks and buff sections appropriately and then do your own measurements.

Edit: Just for fun, I just tested this on Tangedyn's toon (using his cat spec). Swapping from Glyph of TF to Glyph of Bloodletting showed a 99.5 dps increase.
Yep, I've confirmed that with a couple more profiles too. Will update my guide in a moment. I don't recall what the changes were that caused this though

EDIT: Oh right the Predatory Strikes fix
I play Haste/Crit for Ultraxion with Mangle glyph. Got some pretty good results. Haste is a personal preference for my play style. Pulling 43k dps before i had to go bear for raid cd. I dont put any stock in mastery builds.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nklxmsj0yqnlpopq/sum/damageDone/?s=5936&e=6301
With my current gear setup ( I know, 359 trinket ! ), it seems like I can't break 35k dps on Ultraxion LFR ( I want to make sure I'm doing everything right before stepping in real raid plus Ultraxion is the best fight to test imo )

My opener is :
_ Prepot > Mangle x2 > Tiger + Berserk > Rake > Rip > 1-2cp SR then do my best to keep up Rip / Rake, only 1-2cp SR ( 1cp SR = 22s , 5cp SR = 42s -> 5cp is not worth it ) until Berserk comes back up, then I pot again > Tiger + Berserk > reapply Rip regardless and keep that new powerful Rip up with Ferocious Bite.

Also is heavy mastery still viable , at least with my current gear ? How much dps should I be pulling ?

Thanks and Merry Xmas :)