Patch 4.0.6 Broke Affliction Warlocks in PVP.

Arenas
1 2 3 5 Next
Patch 4.0.6 completely broke affliction warlocks for pvp. If you are thinking about running lock for PVP, please dont waste your time.

In a duel against a fully pvp geared mage who was not fighting back, it took 2 complete rotations of every dot for the mage to die (on the last tick of the last dot). The whole duel took about 30 secs, and the mage received zero heals. 30 seconds of no heals is impossible even with perfect CC.

In duel against a shaman, the shaman dispelled every dot i put up on him and the damage did not drop him under 10% health and mana. Even if I chained my fears and silence, the shammy could easily dispell all dots when not controlled and instant heal through it.

In a duel against a rogue, I kited perfectly, kept all dots up, and even ported away from him and got a fear off when he used cloak of shadows. I didn't get silenced at all and still could not defeat him.

In a duel against a warrior, i opened with fear, got a full row of dots, and began kiting. The warrior kills me every time before i can drop him to 50%.

The list goes on and on. Although I'm only mentioning duels here, this really reflects our viability in arena. Any healer can outheal our damage, even with perfect CC, and every viable dps class can outdamage us.

Since the patch, my 2s team has only been able to beat double dps. My threes team was climbing quickly to towards the 2.3k range but has stalled at 2.1k.

After years of only playing only one toon, my Warlock, I will level and play a mage until my 6 month subscription is up.
I'm a Feral Druid; played perfectly I cannot kill an opponent in a duel... Blizzard is fine with this.

Also, Affliction is probably the best DPS on a 3s team atm. Stop complaining, you need more nerfs almost all directed at your self-healing.
Patch 4.0.6 completely broke affliction warlocks for pvp. If you are thinking about running lock for PVP, please dont waste your time.

In a duel against a fully pvp geared mage who was not fighting back, it took 2 complete rotations of every dot for the mage to die (on the last tick of the last dot). The whole duel took about 30 secs, and the mage received zero heals. 30 seconds of no heals is impossible even with perfect CC.

In duel against a shaman, the shaman dispelled every dot i put up on him and the damage did not drop him under 10% health and mana. Even if I chained my fears and silence, the shammy could easily dispell all dots when not controlled and instant heal through it.

In a duel against a rogue, I kited perfectly, kept all dots up, and even ported away from him and got a fear off when he used cloak of shadows. I didn't get silenced at all and still could not defeat him.

In a duel against a warrior, i opened with fear, got a full row of dots, and began kiting. The warrior kills me every time before i can drop him to 50%.

The list goes on and on. Although I'm only mentioning duels here, this really reflects our viability in arena. Any healer can outheal our damage, even with perfect CC, and every viable dps class can outdamage us.

Since the patch, my 2s team has only been able to beat double dps. My threes team was climbing quickly to towards the 2.3k range but has stalled at 2.1k.

After years of only playing only one toon, my Warlock, I will level and play a mage until my 6 month subscription is up.

YOU BROKE ARCANE IN PVP IM QUITTING MY CLASS FOREVER AND ROLLING HPAL

Every class has it's on and off time for pvp get over it and go demo or destro.
I'm a Feral Druid; played perfectly I cannot kill an opponent in a duel... Blizzard is fine with this.

Also, Affliction is probably the best DPS on a 3s team atm. Stop complaining, you need more nerfs.
just because something is good that doesent mean it needs nerfs locks give up burst for being a powerful pressure/ support style class still capable of 1v1.

Also, Affliction is probably the best DPS on a 3s team atm. Stop complaining, you need more nerfs.
just because something is good that doesent mean it needs nerfs locks give up burst for being a powerful pressure/ support stlye class still capable of 1v1.

The self-healing capability of an Affliction Warlock is insane and in need of nerfs.
Destro ftw.. yet to find anyone I can't beat 1v1 no matter the gear. And I'm in !*## gear myself.
just because something is good that doesent mean it needs nerfs locks give up burst for being a powerful pressure/ support stlye class still capable of 1v1.

The self-healing capability of an Affliction Warlock is insane and in need of nerfs.
the trade off for the removable of their survivability through healing should be more power DOTS nerfing their survive with out giving them something else is more than unfair but not a trend that should continue in pvp.
Because this game is totally balanced for duels.

Oh wait.

Warlocks in 3's are VERY well represented at high levels.
THIS ONE TIME IN THIS DUEL
Warlocks in 3's are VERY well represented at high levels.

No offense, but you're an idiot, Warlock self heals BLOW now, ESPECIALLY as destro/demo.
4.0.6 only broke lock 2v2 pvp.
Everything else is fine if a tad weaker.
We got some nerfs for 3v3 but not really anything outstanding.
Less drama please.

Also, Affliction is probably the best DPS on a 3s team atm. Stop complaining, you need more nerfs almost all directed at your self-healing.

then you are playing it wrong.

depends on what kinda of dps you are talking about, pure recount damage done ya, effective damage no.

then you are playing it wrong.

depends on what kinda of dps you are talking about, pure recount damage done ya, effective damage no.

This^
Affliction brings A LOT to the table in a 3s environment. Arguably the most versatile spec in WoW atm.

If you want to be a duel god then try Demo or Destro.
02/14/2011 3:30 PMPosted by Stormspellz
effective damage no.

Soul swap every 10 sec timed with your partners burst is VERY effective.
The only way they broke warlocks in pvp is in 2s. any DK healer team that is anywhere near skilled can beat a lock team. My only question is whats the best 3s team atm for 4.0.6 for afflic locks? I played spellcleave before the patch but my team members quit. Would that still be the best 3s comp for an afflic lock? or is there anything better
02/22/2011 7:47 PMPosted by Derainslave
The only way they broke warlocks in pvp is in 2s. any DK healer team that is anywhere near skilled can beat a lock team. My only question is whats the best 3s team atm for 4.0.6 for afflic locks? I played spellcleave before the patch but my team members quit. Would that still be the best 3s comp for an afflic lock? or is there anything better

So you haven't played 3's post patch, yet you feel entitled to make a statement about the spec post patch. Makes sense.
Got beat in a duel

Going to arena forums.