Calia Menethil: Arthas' Lost Sister

Story Forum
Does NOONE Remember her from Old Theramore? She used to be into Theramore with the name Calia ( Random Last name ) And it was hinted at several times in the quests she gave that she had escaped when Jania left Lordearon, and was being sheltered in Theramore.

Her quests used to be about Theramore deserters, and she often spoke on how "anyone" could given the second chance of not dieing in the purging of Lordearon, then turn on their countrymen when saved.
If you're talking about Calia Hastings, she never said anything about escaping Lordaeron, just that she'd come to Theramore to help out with the problem of the deserters. Nor did any of her quests mention the destruction of Lordaeron, or second chances. Her connection to Calia Menethil is purely fan conjecture, based entirely on them sharing a first name.
02/16/2011 5:00 PMPosted by Vegdrasil
If you're talking about Calia Hastings, she never said anything about escaping Lordaeron, just that she'd come to Theramore to help out with the problem of the deserters. Nor did any of her quests mention the destruction of Lordaeron, or second chances. Her connection to Calia Menethil is purely fan conjecture, based entirely on them sharing a first name.

Ah yes... the One Steve Limit...

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OneSteveLimit
Does NOONE Remember her from Old Theramore? She used to be into Theramore with the name Calia ( Random Last name ) And it was hinted at several times in the quests she gave that she had escaped when Jania left Lordearon, and was being sheltered in Theramore.

Her quests used to be about Theramore deserters, and she often spoke on how "anyone" could given the second chance of not dieing in the purging of Lordearon, then turn on their countrymen when saved.

That was an SI:7 agent also named Calia. There is nothing hinting that she's Calia Menethil.
Blizz dose have lots of loose ends they need to tie, and I hope to see them do so.
With Calia, it's entirely possible she's among the undead, and it could very well be recently. Since Sylvanas is using Val'kyr to create more Forshaken, they could have found some corpes of people that were killed during the Massacre after Arthas killed his Father, and then raised them not knowing one of them is Calia.
Anyhow, I dought we will know until Sylvanas gose raid boss
02/15/2011 9:47 PMPosted by Cardathian
To bad Liam died... could have married him to Calia and then made a united northern liberation crew to start kicking out the Forsaken.

I''d have so attended that wedding... =C
Many Horde players seem to be under the (mistaken) impression that Varian only wants Lordaeron to expand his own domain. In actuality, he wants to reclaim it for the Lordaeron refugees who fled to Stormwind after the Forsaken takeover. Much how Lordaeron sheltered Stormwind after the first war, Stormwind now shelters them, and they have just as much a right to their land as the Forsaken do (arguably more, since most Forsaken don't even consider themselves the same people they were in life).

Unfortunately, people tend to assume that Alliance human = Stormwind. Bringing Calia back as a representative of the Lordaeron citizens would help quell this.

/agree

The forsaken live in harmony with the Argent Dawn, so of course if they pledge themselves not to be a threat to the forsaken then they would be welcome. Its clear from Sylvanas stance that she only cares about threats to her forsaken.

Otherwise she would be planning attacks against the Argent Dawn, I don't see evidence of that at the moment but with the evidence given to use she is only raising and blighting threats to her kingdom. None in Kalimdor that I know of.
The forsaken live in harmony with the Argent Dawn, so of course if they pledge themselves not to be a threat to the forsaken then they would be welcome. Its clear from Sylvanas stance that she only cares about threats to her forsaken.

Otherwise she would be planning attacks against the Argent Dawn, I don't see evidence of that at the moment but with the evidence given to use she is only raising and blighting threats to her kingdom. None in Kalimdor that I know of.

Incorrect. For one, there are forsaken attacking the alliance in Kalimdor. Do you really think she would attack the argents, who with the help of the alliance would easily destroy her? No, she wont do something that stupid. She has no restraint in invading any lands she can.

Oh and there are those forsaken who specifically joined the argents because they view the forsaken as evil.
Just incase no one have posted this:

The release of the RPG Horde Player's Guide may have shed some new light on this story. In one of many short stories, a paladin by the name of Andarin tries to infiltrate the Undercity to free prisoners. To his shame, he is quickly discovered by a fallen priest named Trevor. The undead makes him 'an offer he can't refuse': in turn for helping Andarin, Andarin must help Trevor free some of the Argent Dawn's prisoners. The paladin ponders the situation but finally agrees, together they descend into the city. After having fought some guards and abominations, the strange duo decides fighting the prison guards will not work and comes up with a plan: Andarin will distract the guards, and Trevor will free the prisoners. Knowing that he has no other choice, the paladin agrees. Trevor quickly manages to get a hold of a keyring and opens the door of a cell in which a girl was locked up. The girl recognizes the Forsaken and is shocked, but Trevor simply bows, saying "Good evening, my princess."

http://www.wowpedia.org/Calia_Menethil

The princess could be Calia and she may be alive.
It also ultimately means nothing, as the girl's identity is never revealed. Besides which, all the short stories in the RPG books were pretty much just adventure hooks anyway, many of which have become impossible to work into the current lore in some form or another. In particular, there's a whole big thing about a collection of artifacts required to reignite the Sunwell that, obviously, never materialized in-game.
If she is alive, her escape would make for one hell of a story.