Cant Trade BoA gear across realms?

Customer Support
This is rediculous. bind on account armor... I would really like to send boa gear from my ally toons to my horde character on a different realm. Hopefully a GM or someone can do that? thx it would be helpful. (Ally toon with boa - Slylock + Slymaage. Realm - Dawnbringer) (Horde Móe. Realm - Fizzcrank)
The only way right now is to transfer a toon that possesses the item.
Currently it's not possible to move items cross-server unless you're willing to transfer an entire character across. Game Masters are unable to move items cross-realm as well. The functionality is something they'd like to eventually introduce, but at this time the current mail system can't accommodate it.
I allready paid transfered this toon and not willing to transfer again. but thx though for the info.
Bind on Account is a bit of a misnomer but the function, if it were literal would have read: Bind on Account, as long as the item is sent to a character that is of the same Faction and on the same realm though can be held by character during transfer process to another realm and transferred that way or held during a Faction Change service and given to a character of the original opposite faction.

Now our Developers were able to allow such items to be transferred via the mail system to the opposite faction but again that would have shortened the tooltip description to: Bind on Account, as long as the item is sent to a character that is on the same realm, though it can be held by character during transfer process to another realm and transferred that way.

As with most things in game we try to provide what information we can regarding items and item types so while in game you can access our In-Game Knowledge Base by clicking on the red question mark within your UI. You may also do the same out of game by visiting our Support Articles.

Bind on Account Items FAQ
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/25454

What does Bind on Account mean?
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/25352

Heirloom Quality Items
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/25702

Our Developers are looking into allowing these items to be move across realms as they did with the faction restrictions but this may not be technically feasible at this time.

If you have only recently transferred, and did not send the items to the transferring character our In-Game Support staff may be able to assist. This is not something that I can guarantee but it certainly does not hurt to ask. Please submit an in-game petition if you have not already. Name the items and which character you wanted them on.
It's bound to account because only YOUR characters can receive them. Bind on server is like saying anyone on your server can have your heirlooms.
"Bind on Account" is referring to the limitation that it can be used only by your account characters. It isn't meant to imply any additional functionality by the mail system, which is not available across servers.
"Bound to Realm" would be a lot clearer, since having to pay to move it anywhere else pretty much makes it bound to that realm.
Who cares what its called? Do some research before you buy, it wont hurt you.

And no, bound to realm wouldnt work either, because that would mean you could not transfer it to another one.

To get the perfect name you would need this

Bound to World of warcraft account and bound to the use of the mail system
02/21/2011 10:11 PMPosted by Eylrik
"Bound to Realm" would be a lot clearer, since having to pay to move it anywhere else pretty much makes it bound to that realm.

If it was bound to Realm, you wouldn't be able to transfer it with characters if you transferred them to a new server. Being that it's account bound, if you transfer servers, you can take the gear with you.
02/21/2011 6:01 PMPosted by Vrakthris
If you have only recently transferred, and did not send the items to the transferring character our In-Game Support staff may be able to assist. This is not something that I can guarantee but it certainly does not hurt to ask. Please submit an in-game petition if you have not already. Name the items and which character you wanted them on.

Then after about 4 days of waiting for your ticket and then another 4 of escalation you should get an item!
02/21/2011 5:36 PMPosted by Slyworgen
This is rediculous.

Almost as ridiculous as peoples inability to spell ridiculous.

The behaviour of these items has not changed.
It's been the same since they were implemented.
Yet... there are multiple threads created on this topic every day.

What is ridiculous, is purchasing items without spending a few minutes to research what you're buying, then complaining that it wasn't what you wanted.

02/21/2011 10:25 PMPosted by Kangarooster

Then after about 4 days of waiting for your ticket and then another 4 of escalation you should get an item!

Don't come here an exaggerate, ticket times are currently at 17 hours. Not even close to 4 days. Hyperbole isn't welcome or needed here.
02/21/2011 10:25 PMPosted by Kangarooster

Which may be true if our queue times were anywhere close to that. Personally, I wouldn't mind waiting some time for someone to fix the mistakes that I've made and cannot correct myself.

Now in this case queue times are currently around 1 day and the case shouldn't need to be escalated since it is a simple restoration request.

Please don't troll here, you will lose your tusks.

Bind on Account is a bit of a misnomer but the function, if it were literal would have read: Bind on Account, as long as the item is sent to a character that is of the same Faction and on the same realm though can be held by character during transfer process to another realm and transferred that way or held during a Faction Change service and given to a character of the original opposite faction.

Now our Developers were able to allow such items to be transferred via the mail system to the opposite faction but again that would have shortened the tooltip description to: Bind on Account, as long as the item is sent to a character that is on the same realm, though it can be held by character during transfer process to another realm and transferred that way.

Hi I just typed up a hole reply and it got deleted saying that the server was gonna blow up lol

anyways if you guys at Blizz don't want any confusion call it what it is. Bind On Realm Account, or Bind on Faction of Realm, either of those is a small, decent description of what the gear is.
Please don't necro threads. It also is not bind on realm. If it was bind on realm, you wouldn't be allowed to put it on the character to transfer to another realm.

Every item in game is currently bound to realm by the mailing system.

It is not bound to faction either. You've been able to cross faction mail BoAs for at least a year now.
05/05/2011 09:21 AMPosted by Noxshade
anyways if you guys at Blizz don't want any confusion call it what it is. Bind On Realm Account, or Bind on Faction of Realm, either of those is a small, decent description of what the gear is.

If you'd like to make suggestions to change things, the best way is on the forum appropriate to the topic. This thread was a question about the current functionality and was answered. To suggest changes, you would post on the forum relevant to the topic - in this case General Discussion.

However, just to clear one thing up - the items are not "Bind to Realm". What keeps them from being cross-realm is not the "Bind ..." at all. It's the lack of ANY means to send things cross-realm. Other than paid character transfers, there is no means to take any item on <Realm 1> and get it to <Realm 2>. (Not even cross-realm BGs or dungeons - the only tradable items are conjured or won loot and the latter can only be traded as long as you remain in the instance server.)
No need to necro a thread from February.

Locking.