At Lights Hope Cathedral, you'll do a small chain that eventually gives you access to 2 repeatable quests that award 2000 reputation each. You can do them as many times in a day as you want.
The ONLY way to get Argent Dawn rep now is to do the quests. Farming the instances gives you nothing.
Farm the quests in EPL and some of WPL, they diminished the 'hard' way of getting it sadly.
there is a quest at lights hope that when you kill the pally guy in the crypt you get 24980 argent dawn rep have fun :)
02/27/2011 1:53 AMPosted by Flintlocthere is a quest at lights hope that when you kill the pally guy in the crypt you get 24980 argent dawn rep have fun :)
Ok, I missed that one. 24k rep would put me to exalted. I'm still sore about the instance not yielding any rep -- even for the quests. That is just wrong.
The fastest way to earn rep with the Argent Dawn, post-Cataclysm, is to follow these simple steps:
- * Meet Fiona and her caravan at the Thondoril River Bridge;
* Follow her fun quest chain up to and including "Boys will be Boys";
* Accept "Argent Call: Trial of the Crypt";
* Upon completion, Lord Raymond George will appear in the cemetery behind Light's Hope Chapel. Accept the repeatable "Annals of the Silver Hand."
* Clear Stratholme all the way to the Crimson Throne. The book is on the table.
* Return to Lord George. Turn in the quest.
* Accept the repeatable quest.
* Wash, rinse, repeat about 11 times.
- * Each run grants about 2100 points of Argent Dawn rep.
* You do not have to reset the instance, as the unique book resets upon successful completion of the quest itself.
* "Aberrations of Bone " is also repeatable, but requires a trip to Scholomance.
- If you are also rep grinding for faction rep (ie: Bilgewater Cartel, Silvermoon, etc.), equip that city's tabard (after earning Revered status with Argent Dawn, but before earning Revered with that particular city), and you can continue to build rep with the appropriate factions as you clear the MOBs on the way to get the book. If that works for you, then you may wish to reset the instance.
For active guilds, this is a great way to stock your guild bank with a stack or two of level 40 potions, silk or mageweave, etc., or equip mid-level lowbies with some decent green (and sometimes blue) items. Enchanters needing to restock enchanting mats will also appreciate the fairly high level of green drops (and the blues don't hurt if you're flying solo).
High level players with decent AoE or solid tanking skills may wish to chaperon mid-level guildies through the instance. This makes for an excellent opportunity for players to practice with their alts (priests with healing rotations; warriors with aggro building) or understand their role after re-specializing their talent tree (healing shaman; tanking death knights, etc.)