Shadow Priest rotation in PvP?

Priest
Can someone explain the shadow priest rotation in PvP....

Do I DoT then Mind Blast then Mind Spike then Mind Blast? Explain rotation please

I felt comfortable with my rotation until I got the ability Mind Spike, which removes all the DoTs

My friend said a gladiator priest told him he rarely uses mind spike in PvP and that it is very situational. Is this true? If so when would you use it?
It really depends on the comp you're running as well as your ability to free cast (also if you're talking about BGs or Arenas).

In arena, you're more than likely going to have some one trying to sit on you the entire match. We do laughable damage under said situations, so you want to run with a comp that can help peel so you're not entirely useless.

Provided you have proper peel and the ability to free cast, you'll likely want to continue your rotation as you normally would in PvE, while making sure to DoT up whatever you aren't focusing for additional pressure to the rest of the team.

Mind spike is best used during the switch when you're about to burst some one down. Casting two in succession will almost guarantee you a critical strike with MB, but if you want to make it a surefire thing, go ahead and aim for three. Your goal is to get the target below 25% so you can blow them up with SW:D right after. That's really all there is to it.

DoTing and MF net you more overall damage, with a slower ramp up time. Mind spike//MB grants you less damage but heavier burst. Just use your own judgement based on the situation you're in.
As a healer on the opposing team I watch for where VT is applied.

If VT is applied on a target I'm less likely to want to defensive dispel spells off them unless I have to.

Keeping up VT if you are in a comp that doesn't require a sheep etc (CC that would break on damage) prevents me from dispelling silences etc

I faced I think two comps last night with spriests in them. One was really good at keeping VT up so I wasn't able to dispel other dots and silences while the other I could pick off SW:Pains and Silences because his VT uptime wasn't that good.

As a disc priest I can tell you I use mind spike to help out my team mates when going for a kill.

3x Mind Spikes -> MB -> SW:Death. Very useful for our comp because if I can take a grounding totem or spell reflect our fire mage can finish someone off.
Im still confused.....so do use mind spike in pvp or dont use mind spike in pvp?
1) Disperse
2) Run
3) Run
4) Run
5) Run
6) Run
7) Disperse
8) Run
9) etc
PvP rotation? According to those on the DDF, its dispel dispel dispel.

/sarcasm
As for using mind spike, mind spike is situational for me. I can lock up a lot of killing blows and finish a lot of enemies off if I am untouched and can use the mind spike/mind blast rotation with word:death to finish people off.

It is not really effective, though, if anyone is actually attacking you or targeting you, and least for me it is not. So I tend to use it situationally more than anything.

Although I have been doing some major tinkering and tweaking of my specs the last couple days and am going to be trying some different stuff in PVP which will likely require me to use Mind Spike more often.

he?
02/25/2011 03:29 PMPosted by Caîne
Im still confused.....so do use mind spike in pvp or dont use mind spike in pvp?

Are you serious? The first two posts describe when you want to use MS and when it would be better to use other spells. C'mon man, you have more problems than when to MS if you can't even absorb really on point advice others give you.

I'm not trying to be mean when I say that, but it had to be pointed out:

Mind spike is best used during the switch when you're about to burst some one down. Casting two in succession will almost guarantee you a critical strike with MB, but if you want to make it a surefire thing, go ahead and aim for three. Your goal is to get the target below 25% so you can blow them up with SW:D right after. That's really all there is to it.

DoTing and MF net you more overall damage, with a slower ramp up time. Mind spike//MB grants you less damage but heavier burst. Just use your own judgement based on the situation you're in.

As a disc priest I can tell you I use mind spike to help out my team mates when going for a kill.

3x Mind Spikes -> MB -> SW:Death. Very useful for our comp because if I can take a grounding totem or spell reflect our fire mage can finish someone off.
Mind spike, mind spike, mind spike, mind blast.
Rinse and repeat.
I typically just DoT people up and watch my partner and toss a bubble when I can.
I want to see dots up on every time

More dots more dots throw more dots

more dots now