Customer service?

Customer Support
Thanks to the wonderful customer service I have received over the past month in regards to 3 separate tickets over 3 separate issues, I will be quitting the game. Being a successful business owner, I just want to point out that if customer service was like this in my business, I would be closed down in a matter of hours. Good luck to you all and I hope your experiences in game and with Blizzard directly are more enjoyable and rewarding then mine have been.
And these issues were?
Wow, you own a business as big as Blizzard with the same customer base? Grats to you!

You can not compare your customer service with theirs. What exactly were your tickets about?
Were your issues things that the GM department, or the applicable department contacted, are able to help with?
Wow, you own a business as big as Blizzard with the same customer base? Grats to you!

You can not compare your customer service with theirs. What exactly were your tickets about?

This is totally uncalled for... Business is business, the only difference is smaller businesses that neglect customer service will fold.. Blizzard believed that at one time when they were not too big for their pants...
02/28/2011 8:55 AMPosted by Benoelf
Thanks to the wonderful customer service I have received over the past month in regards to 3 separate tickets over 3 separate issues, I will be quitting the game. Being a successful business owner, I just want to point out that if customer service was like this in my business, I would be closed down in a matter of hours. Good luck to you all and I hope your experiences in game and with Blizzard directly are more enjoyable and rewarding then mine have been.

As a business owner, you should know that customer service does not mean that a company should just give a customer everything they might demand. A company has policies and procedures, and they are obligated to follow them for every customer to be treated equally.

This is totally uncalled for... Business is business, the only difference is smaller businesses that neglect customer service will fold.. Blizzard believed that at one time when they were not too big for their pants...

That's completely untrue. Different businesses have different models. Different sized businesses (even if it is the same business) requires different models.

Who says they are actually ignoring what the OP wants? He hasn't stated what his issues are. It may be something that no one at Blizzard can assist with.

Just because someone has an issue that can't be resolved does not mean that the company is at fault. The "customer is always right" should never be considered a valid argument by anyone in any business, ever.

No, it isn't. You need to compare the amount of employees with their player base. My bet is the OP is either upset about the queue time for speaking with a GM or that they requested something that a GM can not do because of policies. Smaller businesses with smaller customer bases can provide more personal support. Larger companies work with what they have.

If it is queue times, Blizzard is doing their best to keep them in control.

If it is a policy issue, the policies exist for a reason, and they can't do anything to change that.
Indeed. Without knowing what the OP requested of Blizzard, it's impossible to accurately state whether he's being reasonable.
02/28/2011 9:10 AMPosted by Amoracchia
The "customer is always right" should never be considered a valid argument by anyone in any business, ever.

This is not something I said... I said when they neglect customer service... You can have an unhappy customer and talk to them explaining how and why things are the way they are and while they might not agree, they will know they were respected.. Will they remain a customer, maybe, maybe not.

What are some of the complaints and responses from Blizzard.. I will use when Cata first came out and everyone was screaming about healing... What was Blizzards primary response? Healing is where we want it.. People still screamed and had fits.... Only later did they say, we want healers to think more about what to cast and about triage rather than just casting one spell.. Once they explained that, some of the screaming lessened.. You will never please everyone, the screamers will still scream... However, the ones that felt they were respected with an answer quieted down and made the right choice for them, whether they make the best of it or quit.

Customer service encompasses much more than "The customer is always right"
02/28/2011 9:30 AMPosted by Mystyc
The "customer is always right" should never be considered a valid argument by anyone in any business, ever.

This is not something I said... I said when they neglect customer service... You can have an unhappy customer and talk to them explaining how and why things are the way they are and while they might not agree, they will know they were respected.. Will they remain a customer, maybe, maybe not.

What are some of the complaints and responses from Blizzard.. I will use when Cata first came out and everyone was screaming about healing... What was Blizzards primary response? Healing is where we want it.. People still screamed and had fits.... Only later did they say, we want healers to think more about what to cast and about triage rather than just casting one spell.. Once they explained that, some of the screaming lessened.. You will never please everyone, the screamers will still scream... However, the ones that felt they were respected with an answer quieted down and made the right choice for them, whether they make the best of it or quit.

Customer service encompasses much more than "The customer is always right"

They are under no obligation to ever make a thread in regards to customer issues. Ever. They do it as an added service to us. That on its own is good customer service.

Regardless, you are making claims based on your own opinion of what his issues are. He has yet to state what his issue is and until then, you cannot make any claims as to why he feels Customer Service is failing him.
They are under no obligation to ever make a thread in regards to customer issues. Ever. They do it as an added service to us.

No business is obligated to offer good customer service.
However doing things that are “an added service” is the definition of good customer service.

Although my personal opinion isn’t really very important here it is:
I believe that although Blizzard’s management team is bit out of touch with their customer base, in general the company still does deliver good customer service.

It’s just that the perpetually repeated but irrelevant argument from their third party defenders that “they don’t have to” tends to grate on me after a while.
Unfortunately, thats what it comes down to, the 'they dont have to'..
For EVERYTHING that they do in the game and how much they try to fix and restore for people (vs many other MMOS not offering that).. all the general support on the forums, the support on the phones, all the tech support, etc.

All that they do, at the levels that they do, is comparable if not more, than some BIG enterprise level software companies. And most of those chars 1-3k per year for you to be able to get that support. So to be getting what we get, for FREE, is a good deal IMHO.

This is an excellent example, because Blizzard's second response was exactly what they had been saying for months, even prior to release. But for some reason, GC posting an article on it made some people think it was more official. Ultimately, 90% of customer service "problems" aren't even related to customer service, and/or could be solved by the customer taking two seconds of their own time to look up the answer. Just look at the number of threads posted on this forum alone that are issues the GMs can't do a thing about (balance issues, vague assertions about unanswered tickets, rambling complaints about not liking a spell, "omg do something about botz", etc.).
02/28/2011 11:01 AMPosted by Tomten
However doing things that are “an added service” is the definition of good customer service.

No, doing extra is not the definition of "good customer service". That's ridiculous. If everyone came to expect something extra (of course, they already do), then it's not really anything extra. It's just what's expected.

Good customer service comes from giving your customers what the pay for, which is access to the game servers, and doing so in a fair and equal manner. You may expect certain levels of tech support, customer support, or as the poster above says, respect. But you are not entitled to it.

Above all, most companies out there DO treat their customers with respect. The problem is the attitude of "I deserve this, so give it to me now". When companies don't bend to one customer's will, it is perceived as "bad customer service", when in fact, it's simply following their own internal policies and procedures in order to treat every customer in a fair, ethical, equitable manner.
Hello Benoelf,

02/28/2011 8:55 AMPosted by Benoelf
It is unfortunate that you feel our customer service was not up to your satisfaction for the past 3 times you have recently requested help. However, the past 3 times you did request help for was for the same issue.

There are looting features in place in game that can help avoid the situation you experienced. Without going into to much detail regarding your situation, this is something that could have been avoided.

We always try to provide the best customer service, but there are times when we cannot comply with every request, if the system worked as it was designed.

My apologies once again, take care.
Good customer service comes from giving your customers what the pay for, which is access to the game servers, and doing so in a fair and equal manner. You may expect certain levels of tech support, customer support, or as the poster above says, respect. But you are not entitled to it.

Simply delivering what you’re selling is not customer service, let alone good customer service. It’s a matter of both company culture and business strategy weather you actually also deliver good customer service, it has nothing to do with entitlement. I have no insight as to Activision_Blizzard corporate culture, but providing good customer service is, in fact, part of their business strategy.
From what I can tell from Zenny's post it looks like this was a conflict of policy and what the OP wanted done.

Being told no does not mean bad customer service, it means the employees are following the policies set in place. No employee is going to risk their job so that you can say they did a good job.

OP, as a business owner I hope you understand policies and encourage your own employees to follow the policies you have set.
02/28/2011 11:25 AMPosted by Tomten
Simply delivering what you’re selling is not customer service, let alone good customer service.

Yes, it really is. You pay for Item A, so expecting Item A, along Items B, C, D is your own problem. You and Blizzard have a signed agreement that they will provide an item in exchange for your monthly payment. You live up to your end by providing the funds, and they live up to their end by providing the item.

Anything extra that you may receive (and do receive, in this case) is just that: Extra.