Patch 4.1/4.2 Content

General Discussion
Prev 1 28 29 30
The problem with letting people move at their own pace is that people will always move like electricity (hmmm this is going to be a horrible analogy; I'm not a science major... what am I thinking... too late to abort... go with it...) where they will always choose the path of least resistance. (actually not so bad...)

If the easy purples are from pvp, they will pvp (see second and third tier during Burning Crusade - Merciless Gladiator gear; or first tier Cataclysm weapons)

If the easy purples are from new heroics, they will do new heroics (see ICC 5mans).

So, speaking from a Macro point of view, the gating of content can be a good thing. Players, viewed as a whole, will not progress at their own pace... they will progress at whatever pace Blizzard sets before them.

Personally I am happy with this announcement. I didn't get to kill Algalon in 25man either, and I would like a chance to see Sinestra before I have to wonder why Ragnaros has legs.
You say that you refuse to release the content early couldn't you make it more like BC where unless you had friends in very high places you had to progress through each tier before you go straight into end game.

Before the nerf everyone had to atleast have a fair bit of gear from SSC/tk to be competitive against most bosses in MH/BT except the first boss in MH and the first boss in BT
03/04/2011 3:26 PMPosted by Amorluce
So why run heroics or do raids at all if they are just going to take away the Valor Points that you earned when some future patch is released?

They are not going to to that on Patch 4.1 anymore because no tier gear....when they release tier 12 then they will convert the points
Infact why dont they bring back a normal mode attunement so players that have not completed the current content on Normal mode cannot enter the fire lands until it is completed it would give people more insentive to get it done and the people that have already completed it can have their much awaited new content.
I support this decision. Thumbs up.

I also agree that it's too soon for another raid to be implemented. I, too, was one of the people who never got to see Ulduar to the end. It was a beautifully designed raid with a great story. We should have had more time to savor it.

Besides, I think a lot of complaints from the community right now are coming from those who want to see more to do at level cap than just raid content. I think introducing more 5-mans is a better idea right now than a new raid.

Well done.
03/04/2011 3:26 PMPosted by Amorluce

They are doing that so you don't get to immediatly buy t12.

So why run heroics or do raids at all if they are just going to take away the Valor Points that you earned when some future patch is released?

Spend your Valor Points before Tier 12 gear comes out. Not a difficult concept.
What is your incentive to play if you are going to complain every time a patch or any type of content released? If its out too soon people complain, if its released too late people complain.

Releasing 5-mans with epic drops is the middle ground most people will find acceptable.
Not everyone has downed or seen as much content as you.
03/04/2011 3:38 PMPosted by Amorluce

They are not going to to that on Patch 4.1 anymore because no tier gear....when they release tier 12 then they will convert the points

RE-READ my post.

First, you start by staying they won't be taking my Valor Points away and then you end by saying, yes they are going to take my Valor Points away.

Once again what is the incentive to continue playing if at some future date they take away the Valor Points that I have earned.

They aren't taking your Valor away. what they will do is take the stuff that you can currently spend valor on and move it to costing JP's. Then they take your valor and convert it into JP's.

So you Valor will still buy the same stuff then that it will buy now. What it won't let you do is buy T12 stuff with Valor earned in T11. If you Want T12 gear you will have to earn it in T12 instances or after T12 is released which is as it probably should be.
...People stopped raiding Ulduar because of the grotesquely asinine raid mechanics in that instance. It was a /fail raid just like sunwell/BT were /fail. Crusaders' Coliseum was easier and it had better loot; why would people want to continue with a /fail raid like Ulduar?...

I agree about the point your making regarding not repeating an ICC experience, but I want to single out this quote. Ulduar, to me and a lot of my friends, was a very good raid cut short. A lot of bosses, many optional, many gated, and some that you can cherry pick which bosses you want to tackle. I, personally, thought the idea of hard modes being about changing the fight requirements was more innovative then heroic modes "they just hit harder".

Going from TBC to Wrath, there was so many changes to the play model:

1) Dungeon Finder support. -- In TBC finding a good heroic group was a challenge in its own.
2) Loot Vendors. -- Compalints of RNG in loot drops.
3) Removal of Attunments / Keys for Heroics. -- Complaints about catching up or raising alts.
4) Faster leveling experience. -- Complaints about catching up or raising alts.
5) 10 and 25 mode raiding. -- Complaints about that Karazhan -> Gruuls/Mags hurdle.
6) Consolidate some stats together (example: Bonus Healing and Spellpower) -- Compalints of RNG in loot drops.

All of these on their own are great, but together they built the problem that drives this thread. When a new tier of content is provided, players can (stealing Dwarfrouge's line) use the path of least resistance to the best loot, and into the new content. Players are driven to purple addiction, especially if their not even raiders (and therefor not going to USE the greater ilevel gear) and old content is now obsolete.

RE-READ my post.

First, you start by staying they won't be taking my Valor Points away and then you end by saying, yes they are going to take my Valor Points away.

Once again what is the incentive to continue playing if at some future date they take away the Valor Points that I have earned.

They aren't taking your Valor away. what they will do is take the stuff that you can currently spend valor on and move it to costing JP's. Then they take your valor and convert it into JP's.

So you Valor will still buy the same stuff then that it will buy now. What it won't let you do is buy T12 stuff with Valor earned in T11. If you Want T12 gear you will have to earn it in T12 instances or after T12 is released which is as it probably should be.

Basically and It makes sense, its not a case of "Oh look, a week out before patch, I'm at 4k( or what ever max count will be by then )Valor" So as soon as patch is loaded, realms are up, I go hit the vendor and buy 2 pieces of T12 gear and I'm fairly well on my way to #3 inside of 5 minutes. Spam Farming like that is rather broken, yes with Cata it was possible for us to start with some justice points and grab a few 346 Items right off when we hit 85. But hey under the new system, my Hunter is 72 and slowly earning justice So I'm good with having to start over when T12 drops. And Yes this is an Alt.
I don't quite understand why people are thankful that this raid is being delayed. Just because a new raid is released doesn't mean you have to step foot into that new raid, especially if you are not out of the current raid progression.

It's very, very simple. I'm thankful the new raid is being delayed because it means the new 5-man heroic dungeons will be able to be released **sooner** and thus won't be irrelevant, as they may be if they were released at the same time as a whole new raiding tier.

It also means Blizzard can spend more time on development of the 10/25 man raid.

I approve of smaller more frequent content patches rather than larger, infrequent content patches.
Easy way to entertain yourself while waiting for patch 4.2!

Go to Feralas and kite Shandris Feathermoon all the way to Ogrimmar and attack Garrosh!

Watch the bodies fall and imagine you're in a raid setting!
It's featuring ilvl 353 gear brah.