Patch 4.1/4.2 Content

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 30 Next
lol at you people crying about this, Ulduar was live 5 months after wrath released and people cleared that first tier in 2 days once you hit 80. Now with 3 raids that actually take time to progress through you people are crying that we aren't gonna get a new raid for 6-7 months?
A week ago people were complaining about the hotfixes and how Blizzard isn't taking their time with these patches and they're rushing too much.

Now you're all complaining that you're pissed that they decided to not rush.

What the hell do you people want?
03/03/2011 6:48 PMPosted by Brolex
So, "we" learned from the early release of ToC, and are instead following the lesson of ICC, releasing it long after people were done with content and then having it remain current for far too long?

You honestly think the average player has gone 12/12 normal?

Oh boy...
03/03/2011 6:50 PMPosted by Halibell
lol at you people crying about this, Ulduar was live 5 months after wrath released and people cleared that first tier in 2 days once you hit 80. Now with 3 raids that actually take time to progress through you people are crying that we aren't gonna get a new raid for 6-7 months?

Ulduar was suppose to be out in January of 2009. When it didn't arrive until May, it was a sure sign that a lot of the content talked about during Wrath beta would not make it in, and sure enough, a lot didn't.

The fact we will not see a new raid before late June is a sure sign that in this expansion a lot of content planned will not be seen in game but instead Knaack or Christie Golden will be commissioned to write a novel on it.
It's kind of amusing. When the recycled content was announced and people were upset the fanboys came in saying "SHUT UP you're getting firelands". They just kept saying that over and over.

Now what's the defense?

Uh? What recycled content?

Uh? What recycled content?

ZA/ZG. Never heard of them? That's ok, they were old raids, broken down and recycled back into 5 mans. It's the fresh new content we're getting now that's EPIC!

I see a lot of people asking about what's going on now with the VP to JP conversion. This is a good question, would be nice to have a blue answer.

Same map? But what exactly is recycled in it?

Nothing? Thought so.
ty blizz !!!
So let me get this straight:
1) Not enough people are downing the current content
.....a) We are delaying the next raid
..........ii) Those who met our expectations of players are punished for a delay
......b) We are admitting the raid was over-tuned (takes longer then expected for enough players to complete; however, we aren't nerfing the content so more players can be where the developers feel good about before releasing the new tire?
2) We are re-releasing old raids and turning them into new heroics in the meantime.
.....a) Players who met are expectations will not need gear from the new dungeons
.....b) It doesn't really help situation 1 (bosses are over-tuned for the general pop)

Am I the only one scratching me head more then before?

I think the idea is that the new heroics will have better gear that will help people to be more successful in the current raiding tier.

However, the impression I've gotten is that raiding participation is down for a lot of reasons. Just throwing more gear at it isn't going to help people who aren't even that far along, nor will it fix the lockout and guild issues that make it harder to get into a raid in Cataclysm.
A week ago people were complaining about the hotfixes and how Blizzard isn't taking their time with these patches and they're rushing too much.

Now you're all complaining that you're pissed that they decided to not rush.

What the hell do you people want?

My thoughts exactly.

You kids, seriously...get over it. You want Blizzard to slow it down and make things better, you want them to work on content, don't whine when they start doing just that.

God its like the little kid who wants to go eat burgers, begs his mom, his mom cracks and takes him out, then he whines the entire time because they went to McDonalds and not Burger King...
I am going to go play rift now. Enjoy paying $15 a month for no content at all. Its like blizzard is trying to lose customers.

And let me just say, I cant remember the last time I felt so betrayed. I use to love this game, I wanted 6 long months for "cata to fix it" and we find cata is nothing but problems and no content unless you are a brand new customer.

Good to see that the people who have been with this game from the start, the people who allowed it to get this far, get no consideration.
03/03/2011 6:55 PMPosted by Orcstress
Soo....you learned from wrath that everyone loves doing the same content for a long time. Genius. Guess i will be searching for something else to play in the next month or two.

How about searching how to get 12/12, which you clearly are not.

I do not find this acceptable. This is worse than Wrath. During Wrath beta it was talked about how there would be like 7 chapters. All in all we got 2 real raids (Ulduar and ICC) and one obviously thrown together one (ToTC) to replace other planned content because of things being sidetracked.

Now here we are, Cataclysm, and once again, first raid is delayed.

While in that delay, how about you clear all the bosses of the CURRENT centent before you go crying wanting more?

Does everyone see the trend here? MOST people are not 12/12, yet they are crying for new content when they haven't done the current ones available to them. You are the demograph Blizz is talking about when they said most people haven't completed the current raids, yet you cry wanting more

/facepalm

I hate this smart aleck response.

This is not about clearing content. This is about the Warcraft story being seen in the Warcraft game. And for the record, I will easily have all 12 bosses done before 4.1 would have hit with Firelands.

But the fact is things that should be seen in game will now be relegated to a novel because people like you do not care about the STORY. And the STORY is what the game should be about.

Same map? But what exactly is recycled in it?

Nothing? Thought so.

I'm guessing you don't know what the word "recycle" means. And it wasn't just the same map. It's not new original content. Which was the issue that people had. And my point stands, the comebacks on it were "yeah whatever it's recycled BONUS content, you're getting firelands so shut up". Well they can't say that now.

I'll ask again, what is recycled in it? Naxxramas was recycled because it had the same bosses.

Not the case with Zg so far
AWESOME! More time to actually put a dent in current hard modes, thank you!
At least it's not going to be rushed, so this is a good thing imo. I'll be fine with doing the ZG/ZA heroics until then, and our guild will have a bit of more time to finish up.