Outdated SMF guide. Please remove sticky. :)

Warrior
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 35 Next
Kinda wonder where the 2pc fist set will sit with the buff to haste.
03/09/2011 1:08 AMPosted by Hahkgoregut
Kinda wonder where the 2pc fist set will sit with the buff to haste.

It's still going to be middle of the pack.
hey was curious looking at your hit rating now, how come not at least 8% cap? i see a lot of the good warriors on my server doing the same thing beside just one who is at 12%, so ya was just curious why your sitting at 6% sumthing?
03/09/2011 6:27 PMPosted by Mowclol
hey was curious looking at your hit rating now, how come not at least 8% cap? i see a lot of the good warriors on my server doing the same thing beside just one who is at 12%, so ya was just curious why your sitting at 6% sumthing?

The 3% from Precision doesn't show up on the armory, just in game.
kk, thanx had a brain fart there for a sec.
Good job.
Blizzard There is a lot of SMF Warriors out there who need a little insight it would be awesome if they didn't have to go fishing all over the Warrior forums for a guide.
Bump, just got my lava spine so now I can get SMF, thanks for the info Collision! Sticky this thread!
/sticky

Thanks for the guide again used it to get my SMF game going and to occasionally reference some things.
Bump. Back to page 1.

Also, new shoulders! Weeeee!
Bump, just got my lava spine so now I can get SMF, thanks for the info Collision! Sticky this thread!

High five!

I too got my lava spine on Tuesday. No more off hand claw for me!
Please for the love of christ, don't message me in-game with questions. Especially if you're running with a 10/31 spec and arms warrior glyphs.

I'm not that nice of a person to sit and walk you through how to properly play your class. I put everything in the first couple of posts, anything outside of the initial posts can be asked in this thread and if it's a legitimate question ("What do you think about waiting 2-5 seconds for colossus smash to ensure that you line up cooldowns during a burn phase?") I will answer it.

If it's a question about "what am i doing wrong, look at my armory." and I look at your armory to see that you decided to use some *!!%ed up 5/32/4 spec or something dumb, I'm not even going to attempt to answer your question. It's not worth my time.

At least have the cognitive ability to copy 99% of what I have said in this thread before wondering why your dps is low.
Hopefully a legitimate question here.

Now, while my DPS is nowhere near bad (routinely rank in top 50 for Fury warriors for 10 mans), I feel I still make some mistakes.

My CS phase usuallly goes CS-HS-BT-RB/Slam-HS-BT

My normal rotation outside of CS is BT-RB/Slam-BT-HS over 80 rage.

If CS is within 3 seconds of CD, I hold off of RB, and on BT. Hopefully this is the correct thing to do.

My question is, why is Slam prioritized over Raging Blow? Currently with my gear set-up, I have 15.56 Mastery, which means Raging Blow is hitting for, I believe, 264% weapon damage with both weapons. Slam, with the proc, will hit for 240% weapon damage with both weapons. Am I doing my math wrong like a herpderp, or is the only reason Slam is prioritized over Raging Blow is for the lack of rage cost?
Rotelle,

Slam is prioritized over RB because not many SMF warriors can get enough Mastery to make RB a legitimate contender in the rotation. It's been shown that hit is more valuable to our DPS than mastery (to a point that is dependent upon your gear). You do have a lot of mastery, but you are also not optimally reforged.

- HoR: Expertise to Crit
- Ring 1: Hit to Crit (not mastery)
- Boots: Haste to Hit (not mastery)

etc, etc.

Your crit will be well above 20% if you do that, and your mastery will drop... but who cares, RB is low on the priority list. That's when Slam > RB.

*edit* As devil's advocate you can look at someone like Landsoul who has 8% hit with ~15 mastery. Perhaps at that level of gear, hit becomes less valuable than mastery, once again... but with a 350-360-level of gear, sims show hit > mastery.
but you are also not optimally reforged.

I'd recommend against that, that would put him below 26 expertise.
but you are also not optimally reforged.

...... realllllyyyyyy?

Sooooooo reforge some mastery to expertise.

Crit > Mastery. Therefore, a tradeoff like that is optimal.
Does the SMF damage buff apply to fist weapons... got the Claws of Agony/Torment and dps hasnt gone up much from dual wielding 2 Axes of Eclipse.
*edit* As devil's advocate you can look at someone like Landsoul who has 8% hit with ~15 mastery. Perhaps at that level of gear, hit becomes less valuable than mastery, once again... but with a 350-360-level of gear, sims show hit > mastery.

Yep, that's pretty much it. He has a load more crit/haste than most people do... so he doesn't necessarily need 8-12% hit to maintain the level of rage generation he needs to complete his rotation.

Slam was prioritized over raging blow because for 90% of people it does more damage than raging blow. For you, naturally, with that much mastery you would prefer raging blow over slam.

...... realllllyyyyyy?

Sooooooo reforge some mastery to expertise.

Crit > Mastery. Therefore, a tradeoff like that is optimal.

You posted specifics of what he should change. I was just offering my opinion that that didn't seem to be the best change and the reasoning. Yes, we all know we need to maintain that number.

I appreciate your attention to detail and where people can make changes. However, you didn't break down the complete package, only a few parts.