Vanguards Retribution Paladin PvP Guide 7.0.3

Paladin
Post Limit:
Prev 1 10 11 12 27 Next
i think i love you
03/07/2011 07:47 AMPosted by Vanguardy
Unless you're human obviously you would use the trinket that removes all impairing effects.

I am a human.. which trink should i use as a second..?
isn't that acts of sacrifice , also help u remove one movement impairing once u cast cleanse on urself ? so freedom the other is the best.. don it?
Pretty good guide, I pretty much ran this on my other belf pally on azuremyst cept for a few enchant changes ( couldnt afford high end ones) but over all great guide!
I have a major question that's been wracking my brain.

Do you use a healing 1 hander and shield (like in WotLK) or strength ones when going defensive? I don't know which to pick up.
hey for arena..which partner should i run with. i had real good success with a rogue but anything else i play with it seems ehh..
02/19/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Traevia
hey for arena..which partner should i run with. i had real good success with a rogue but anything else i play with it seems ehh..

Ret works well with other melee, for the most part. You could run Ret/Ret, Ret/Enhance, Ret/Arms, Ret/Rogue, Ret/Feral, or Ret/DK. Most of those work fine. You just need to make sure you heal your partner frequently, go defensive when pressured, and play mostly as a supportive DPS until it's bursting time.
I want to make my PvP Ret talent tree, but again, whenever I check the URL, I am unable to see the talent trees because they show up as blank screens.

How I fix?
Can crit be capped? cause some guy told me he was crit capped at 9% and that doesnt seem right
no expertise ?
I'm having the same issue in arena's ..........I feel like I spend 90% if fight chasing casters!
The Support Macros I Personally Use: (switch x with number or partyx with Toon Name)13.) Hand of Protection /cast [target=partyX] Hand of Protection14.) Hand of Sacrifice/cast [target=partyX] Hand of Sacrifice15.) Hand of Freedom/cast [target=partyX] Hand of Freedom16.) Word of Glory/cast [target=partyX] Word of GloryI don't really get how this works or what it is for, can somebody explain.
03/29/2012 02:24 PMPosted by Valandrian
The Support Macros I Personally Use: (switch x with number or partyx with Toon Name)13.) Hand of Protection /cast [target=partyX] Hand of Protection14.) Hand of Sacrifice/cast [target=partyX] Hand of Sacrifice15.) Hand of Freedom/cast [target=partyX] Hand of Freedom16.) Word of Glory/cast [target=partyX] Word of GloryI don't really get how this works or what it is for, can somebody explain.

PartyX = Name of your partner.
e.g, We are a team. So i can do this: /cast [target=Valandrian] Word of Glory
i see that vanguard is not capping expertise anymore to 20 with the glyph ...im curious to know why!!! is expertise not good anymore? only try to be behind ur target whenever u can and thats it? he is using glyph of judgement for the 10% damage increase is that worth it?
04/11/2012 03:33 AMPosted by Kamyu
i see that vanguard is not capping expertise anymore to 20 with the glyph ...im curious to know why!!! is expertise not good anymore? only try to be behind ur target whenever u can and thats it? he is using glyph of judgement for the 10% damage increase is that worth it?

When he is using 2pc T13, he doesn't need as much expertise because Judgement cannot be dodged or parried. If you are not using 2pc T13 you need more expertise because your only source of HP is Crusader Strike. As a human using a sword, he also gets 3 free expertise.
Just curious here. Are you against using Gurthalak at all? If so can you give an explanation.
Unless you have access to heroic Gurth, it's not worth using as ret in PVP if you have the t2 weapon.
for bg its can be ok for fun but personnaly for arena i hate it, its a cc breaker and its not helping much and the damage difference between gurtalak and the pvp gs is not much!! and the tentacle proc on gurtalak is RNG and i don't like relying on that personaly....but thats my opinion...